Lessons learned the hard way

Karice

Proud Member
On another Website, I was a Newbie. Longer term Posters asked me for proof of what I was saying about something. I linked to another Website, showing the proof. The Posters who asked me for the proof didn't thank me for linking to the proof. I thought that was odd. A little while later, the Admin said something like,"Karice, linking to outside Websites is strictly prohibited. I have received multiple complaints about you already and questions asking me if you are a Troll and even I question your motives. The "Show proof of what you are saying," was a setup by the other Posters to get you into trouble. You have received a Strike for linking to an outside Website. Usually, I wouldn't give a strike to a Newbie who was tricked into breaking a Forum Rule, and would just give a warning about Forum Rules and warned Posters who tricked Newbies into breaking a Forum Rule that that is unacceptable and could lead to distrust, but because I also question your motives, I must give you the Strike. 3 strikes is a permanent banning. I will be removing the link and closing this thread."

On another Website, one that I fit in really well, Posters started saying stuff like,"Your threads are weird." Even a Website I actually got in at very well was telling me my threads were weird. On another Website, I lamented about this without saying the Website, and my enemy on that board who's very signature is cussing me out said something like,"Karice, tell us the name of that Website and I'll go kick their asses for you." I immediately saw red flags. WHY would my Enemy who cusses me out in his signature be trying to help me? I refused to give out the name. He soon admitted he was trying to set me up and wanted me to look even more bad at that Website by telling the name and wasn't trying to help me out at all. I told him I figured out immediately that he was trying to set me up and wasn't trying to help me out, pointing out he was my enemy and cussed me out in his signature. He said something like,"I'm surprised you immediately figured out I was attempting to set you up, not help you. Your smarter than you let on."

After falling for the "Show us proof," on that other Website, I learned my lesson when requests are actually set ups...

Back