Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Brad Sundberg just played a part of the chorus of the song, which suggests that a more complete version (with more vocals) exists.

Note that recording engineers, producers, etc (who worked with Michael Jackson) in certain cases do not play the full versions of the singer's unreleased songs (in their seminars, live streams, etc) for fear of these songs being recorded by people and thus later get leaked.

@SmoothMel7, thanks for that confirmation about the existence of the 'Basszouille' song.
What u think about deep in the night have more vocals or no

Are u sure there is more vocals about Jane is groupie .what about deep in the night ? Stand tall ?
What u think about deep in the night have more vocals or no
Author Joseph Vogel writes, in his 'Man In The Music' book, that 'Deep In The Night' remained an unreleased track (from the 'Dangerous' album sessions).

It has also been said that the song has vocals on it (at least, the hook of it).

'Deep In The Night' has a duration of around 4 minutes.

'Deep In The Night' was one of the songs that Michael Jackson worked on with Bryan Loren for the 'Dangerous' album.

Michael Jackson apparently was not satisfied with 'Deep In The Night', hence the song's exclusion from the album.

Also, it appears that 'Jane Is A Groupie' has definitely more vocals on it.

Author Joseph Vogel writes, in his 'Man In The Music' book, that 'Deep In The Night' remained an unreleased track (from the 'Dangerous' album sessions).

It has also been said that the song has vocals on it (at least, the hook of it).

'Deep In The Night' was one of the songs that Michael Jackson worked on with Bryan Loren for the 'Dangerous' album.

Michael Jackson apparently was not satisfied with 'Deep In The Night', hence the song's exclusion from the album.

I spoke directly to Bryan Loren regarding Deep in the Night. He told me he did write a song called Deep in the Night, but it was for Invincible. It was NOT for anything prior to that. Just a pure coincidence.

I spoke directly to Bryan Loren regarding Deep in the Night. He told me he did write a song called Deep in the Night, but it was for Invincible. It was NOT for anything prior to that. Just a pure coincidence.
Byran didn't work with mj for Invincible, iirc their work ended with Dangerous after Michael replaced him with Teddy. Until of course Michael went back and finished "Superfly Soul Sister" and it was released on BOTDF. Don't believe Bryan ever did anything with him for Invincible though, hence why every single song we have from him is Dangerous era.

Last edited:

What about call it off and men in black .Michael McKiller . Turning me off

Author Joseph Vogel writes, in his 'Man In The Music' book, that 'Deep In The Night' remained an unreleased track (from the 'Dangerous' album sessions). It has also been said that the song has vocals on it (at least, the hook of it). 'Deep In The Night' has a duration of around 4 minutes. 'Deep In The Night' was one of the songs that Michael Jackson worked on with Bryan Loren for the 'Dangerous' album. Michael Jackson apparently was not satisfied with 'Deep In The Night', hence the song's exclusion from the album. Also, it appears that 'Jane Is A Groupie' has definitely more vocals on it.
Author Joseph Vogel writes, in his 'Man In The Music' book, that 'Deep In The Night' remained an unreleased track (from the 'Dangerous' album sessions). It has also been said that the song has vocals on it (at least, the hook of it). 'Deep In The Night' has a duration of around 4 minutes. 'Deep In The Night' was one of the songs that Michael Jackson worked on with Bryan Loren for the 'Dangerous' album. Michael Jackson apparently was not satisfied with 'Deep In The Night', hence the song's exclusion from the album. Also, it appears that 'Jane Is A Groupie' has definitely more vocals on it.

What you think about alright now and your the one

Confirmed Releasable:
Chicago 1945
What A Lovely Way To Go/Lovely Way
I Was The Loser
Man In Black
Stop Throwing Your Life Away
I'm Dreaming
Angel
Do You Love Me
I Have This Dream
Alright Now
Crack Kills
Get Your Weight Off Of Me
What You Do To Me
Buffalo Bill
1 RedOne Song
The Toy
Little Susie (1979)

Incomplete but has vocals/confirmed to have vocals:
Rocker
Boy No
Rolling The Dice
Saturday Woman
Hot Fun In The Summertime
Don't Believe It
Changes
Innocent Man
7 Digits
Victory
Monster
What You Do To Me (1998)
Willing And Waiting
Make Or Break
Remember What I Told You/Just Remember
Turning Me Off
Rich Girl
Colorblind
Neverland Landing
Make A Wish
It Don't Matter To Me

No vocals/No MJ vocals:
D.I.E
Adore You
Christmas Song
Shut Up And Dance
That
Butterfunk
Thank Heaven
Red Eye
6 Ne-Yo Songs
Iowa
Bang Your Head
Light The Way
From The Bottom Of My Heart
Loving You (2003)
Stand Tall
Breed
Too Late To Turn Back Now
Jungle City
Lady Of Summer
King Tutankhamen
No word on michael McKellar or Lucy is in love with linus?

Confirmed Releasable:
Chicago 1945
What A Lovely Way To Go/Lovely Way
I Was The Loser
Man In Black
Stop Throwing Your Life Away
I'm Dreaming
Angel
Do You Love Me
I Have This Dream
Alright Now
Crack Kills
Get Your Weight Off Of Me
What You Do To Me
Buffalo Bill
1 RedOne Song
The Toy
Little Susie (1979)

Incomplete but has vocals/confirmed to have vocals:
Rocker
Boy No
Rolling The Dice
Saturday Woman
Hot Fun In The Summertime
Don't Believe It
Changes
Innocent Man
7 Digits
Victory
Monster
What You Do To Me (1998)
Willing And Waiting
Make Or Break
Remember What I Told You/Just Remember
Turning Me Off
Rich Girl
Colorblind
Neverland Landing
Make A Wish
It Don't Matter To Me

No vocals/No MJ vocals:
D.I.E
Adore You
Christmas Song
Shut Up And Dance
That
Butterfunk
Thank Heaven
Red Eye
6 Ne-Yo Songs
Iowa
Bang Your Head
Light The Way
From The Bottom Of My Heart
Loving You (2003)
Stand Tall
Breed
Too Late To Turn Back Now
Jungle City
Lady Of Summer
King Tutankhamen
What do you consider as “releasable”? I assume anything with a full vocal. I wouldn’t say “Get Your Weight Off Of Me” is releasable. I really hope they never try to dig that one out and use it. Also are “Angel” and “Do You Love Me” confirmed to exist? The source of them is a Babyface interview but I don’t believe it was found.

What do you consider as “releasable”? I assume anything with a full vocal. I wouldn’t say “Get Your Weight Off Of Me” is releasable. I really hope they never try to dig that one out and use it. Also are “Angel” and “Do You Love Me” confirmed to exist? The source of them is a Babyface interview but I don’t believe it was found.
Indeed, impossible to get my hands on this interview, I would very much like to get my hands on it.

Brad Sundberg praised 'Willing And Waiting', and it is one of Brad Sundberg's favourite outtakes.

This suggests that 'Willing And Waiting' exists as a complete (vocally and musically) song.

The recording engineer also stated that the song did not eventually make the 'HIStory' album because it was too soft to get included on that aggressive album.

The case of 'Willing And Waiting' is therefore similar to that of the 'On The Line' song (another Babyface-produced outtake from that album which did not eventually make the final track list because of the same reason).
On the line is one of my favourite MJ tracks out there! It's perfect, Babyface meets MJ = PURE MAGIC!

Type of Work:​
Music
Registration Number / Date:​
PAu000703247 / 1985-03-14
Title:​
Backseat lover.
Description:​
1 sound cassette + 1 lead sheet (3 p.)
Copyright Claimant:​
Patrick Conneen & Michael Joseph Jackson
Date of Creation:​
Authorship on Application:​
words & music: Patrick Conneen; music: Michael Joseph Jackson.
Names:​
Conneen, Patrick, 1962-
Jackson, Michael Joseph, 1949-

Type of Work:​
Music
Registration Number / Date:​
PAu000793452 / 1985-12-20
Title:​
I’ve got her number.
Description:​
1 sound cassette.
Copyright Claimant:​
Patrick F. Conneen & Michael Jackson
Date of Creation:​
Authorship on Application:​
words & music: Patrick F. Conneen; music: Michael J. Jackson.
Names:​
Jackson, Michael J.
Conneen, Patrick F., 1962-

It are basically 2 of the 800 tracks Quincy and Michael listened to for possible inclusion on thriller.

Despite no MJ vocals it would still be awesome to hear those tracks.

Don’t Make Me Stay had a scratch vocal, but it sounded very distant - like MJ wasn’t near the mic when it was recorded or something. The only coherent lyrics I could make out were the words “don’t make me stay”
😅
Photographs was just music. No vocals.
(About 11PM and Pajamas) Yeah also no voice, unfortunately. Just music on what I heard.

Last edited:
Oh man. So the Estate was actually not lying when they said the vault is empty 😪

I dont have twitter. Can someone ask Damien about these songs:

Rich Girl
Colorblind
Silent Spring
Lady of Summer
Make a Wish
Make or Break
That

Also, any idea what songs Michael Prince was referring to in this interview?

I always found that interview very interesting because it sounds like there are 20 almost finished songs on his harddrive.

Lady of Summer
That
Damien already answered those, he said that Lady Of Summer is a classical piece and That is just an instrumental.
Make or Break
Joe Vogel's book already answers that one:
Jackson worked on this dance track with John Barnes and Matt Forger. According to Forger, it had a “very driving, terrific hook, but never got finished.” “He did a reference vocal, a background vocal, and a reference bridge,” said John Barnes. “It had an opportunity to be innovative, but we didn’t really push it because other tracks took priority.

I mean why would they lie about it, it wouldn’t make sense. 2 more album should be possible. Don’t forget they already released 4 discs with “new” material. Eventually the well dries up it is inevitable.

Last edited:
Damien already answered those, he said that Lady Of Summer is a classical piece and That is just an instrumental.

What Vogel said about other songs unreleased ?

- Children's Hour is a children's song. - Silent spring is an instrumental.
- Green Hornet Groove is something Brad Buxer worked on. Instrumental. My notes say it was composed to be pitched for use in the Seth Rogan film The Green Hornet, but it ultimately wasn't used.
MJ working with Seth Rogan. That's something I never thought I'd hear lol.

- Michael's Affirmation isn't a song. It's a spoken word piece recorded by MJ to encourage Roy Horn (of Siegfried & Roy) to stay positive when recovering from the onstage tiger attack in October 2003. The music behind MJ's spoken words is an instrumental called "Photographs".

Thank you very much for asking these btw @SmoothMel7. Could you also ask Damien about H20 and if there's any lyrics or such? Oh and also about He Who Makes The Sky Gray. I'd appreciate it.

I noticed Damien has written “children’s song” for at least three tracks so far (“Children’s Hour,” “World of Candy,” “Neverland Landing”) and hasn’t elaborated further. Hopefully that means there are SOME vocals.

Back