Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Bro, no. Regarding the lyrics, eh, defo not MJs best take ever, but the instrumental for it is groovy as hell.
My opinion is the exact opposite of that, good vocals, bad instrumental. Given the theme I'm surprised the Estate had the guts to release the song, I doubt they'd do that nowadays lol.

Guys, How good would DBMR have been if it was finished, in the Bad era, cause MJ said it was gonna be BIG

I don’t think it was ever finished, to my knowledge only a more polished vocal and some additional instrumentation was added.
Yeah my bad, all Bruce said was that the version from 2007 is a killer track.
Do we know what the 1991 version sounds like if it even exists?
The 1986 version is the only vocal take there is. I don't know about the Dangerous version but the HIStory version only has a different drum sound.

Last edited:
There’s 3 versions

Thriller - Unreleased
Bad - from B25
Dangerous - leaked
There's also a version made for T25 and MJ was still working on it up until he died.
"HOPING TO RESUSCITATE his sputtering career, Michael Jackson is reportedly returning to a reliable source: his own 1982 album. According to reports, Jackson plans to spruce up the 25th anniversary of the album by adding four remixes of Thriller tracks. Those lending a helping sequined gloved hand on the remixes for “Wanna Be Startin’ Something,” “The Girl Is Mine,” “Billie Jean,” and “P.Y.T.” are Kanye West, Akon, and Will.i.am. Additionally, Jackson’s music attorney Peter Lopez says four leftover tracks from the Thriller sessions will be featured. One of the songs, “Don’t Be Messin’ Around,” is hyped as “killer” by Jacko’s ex-producer Bruce Swedien."
"None of these appear. But “Deep In The Night” does appears - once - in the same list as Saturday Woman, Don’t Be Messin, Hollywood Tonight and others."

Btw could this be the Thriller era version? It sounds different than the Dangerous era version that Korgnex leaked so it can't be the same.

There's also a version made for T25 and MJ was still working on it up until he died.

Btw could this be the Thriller era version? It sounds different than the Dangerous era version that Korgnex leaked so it can't be the same.

It definitely sounds like a different version, yeah. Wasn't that leaked before B25 was released or am I wrong?

Super interested to hear later versions of the track. Not expecting it to be finished like For All Time but it'll have some changes at least.

If Quincy let MJ turn Bad into a 3-disc album the fans would've been fed for a whole decade lol. The only downside is that the vault would be even more empty nowadays.
And Prince fans would still have a superiority complex lol. "Only 1 triple disc?" Lol

Why didn't MJ ever try that again?

I remember this snippet popped up shortly before the Michael album released, and none of us could determine whether or not it was authentic given the lack of clear vocals. Crazy to listen to it now and know that it’s the real deal.

I’d love to hear later versions. If I’m not mistaken, Neff-U took a crack at it in 2008-09.

Back