Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Here's a guide:
results.png
LOL I LOVE THIS. There are some exceptions to these rules though!

do we know what year was chicago 1945? i keep seeing december 1982, 1984 but that sundberg later changed the story, then that 1986 was the one played during seminars in 2014...its confusing

do we know what year was chicago 1945? i keep seeing december 1982, 1984 but that sundberg later changed the story, then that 1986 was the one played during seminars in 2014...its confusing
The story seems to change. Porcaro originally said it was written and recorded around the time of the Victory tour, which would be 1984. But then recently he claimed it was recorded a week after Thriller dropped, which would be December 1982. Yet that seems to have been an error, either on the part of a seminar attendee or Porcaro himself, as the same story was given to “Dream Away.”

Nevertheless, the leaked version seems to date to 2014. Porcaro said he’s been working on it sporadically over the years.

So, C45 made it to Westlake (in 1986??). Interesting.

This means the entire "crime trilogy" songs (C45/AC/SC) have been worked on at Westlake to some degree under Qs supervision.
Did Al Capone make it out of Hayvenhurst?

So, C45 made it to Westlake (in 1986??). Interesting.

This means the entire "crime trilogy" songs (C45/AC/SC) have been worked on at Westlake to some degree under Qs supervision.
Did Al Capone make it out of Hayvenhurst?

I don’t think Capone made it to Westlake….C45 was probably played but he didn’t say it was worked on

Steve Porcaro said he made 3 instrumental grooves for C1945, I wonder how different they are from the one MJ picked and if they're better or worse.

Listened through just now, and I’m still a little lost. It sounds as though Porcaro came up with the instrumental shortly after Thriller, which is feasible.
His original story was C45 was recorded a few months before the Victory tour started….so that could be anywhere from January to June 1984

According to Bruce Swedien AC was among the submitted songs.
Roger Troutman mentioned recording the song with Michael at Hayvenhurst and John Barnes said the song wasn’t finished….if it did make its way to Westlake, I don’t think it was worked on any further than what we hear since Smooth Criminal was already done by 1986

Listened through just now, and I’m still a little lost. It sounds as though Porcaro came up with the instrumental shortly after Thriller, which is feasible.
That tracks.
Sounds like “She Don’t Love Me” is a prime candidate for another future “Don’t Matter to Me” type collaboration. I know many of us dread something like that happening, but under the right circumstances I would be thrilled.
Just get Kendrick instead of Drake on it. I'm all ears.

We still haven't heard the Al Capone version featuring Roger Troutman.

"He [Roger Troutman] worked with us on several early Bad tracks. It wasn't kept but it felt and sounded great. Tomboy and Al Capone."

"Roger was not on smooth criminal or the way you make me feel. As far as tomboy, I didn't make it and was not fully completed. Al Capone had
Roger as a guest Muscian. The track was mostly done when he came in."

- John Barnes

"He [Roger Troutman] worked with us on several early Bad tracks. It wasn't kept but it felt and sounded great. Tomboy and Al Capone."

"Roger was not on smooth criminal or the way you make me feel. As far as tomboy, I didn't make it and was not fully completed. Al Capone had
Roger as a guest Muscian. The track was mostly done when he came in."

- John Barnes

Wonder why that version wasn't used for B25?

Sounds like “She Don’t Love Me” is a prime candidate for another future “Don’t Matter to Me” type collaboration. I know many of us dread something like that happening, but under the right circumstances I would be thrilled.
Also, we'd have

She Was Lovin Me
Loving You
She Don't Love Me

But Chicago is a bad name change? Never mind about Chicago 1945.

Back