Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

The guy said that the song is completely unheard so it can't be GYWOOM again. He also said he's not leaking the unedited song unless someone leaks a LQ version of it first.
Well someone that know a guy that have the master version of GYWOOM he want to leak it in September too.. That strange

The guy said that the song might be from Invincible era.
Do we know if it’s a ballad or a dance track? That might help narrow down some options.
My top guesses are Monster (really, really hope it’s not a dud), Adore You, Michael’s Affirmation/Photographs. If it’s from Invincible, it’s probably either a Buxer/Prince produced track or an unfinished Darkchild track (Michael Prince did mention a while back that there are several Darkchild tracks in the vault with unfinished vocals).

I agree but that's not what we listen to outtakes for.
right. I'm saying when we hear outtakes, some fans say "this should've been on the album! this would've been #1!" and listening to the song for me, I don't think it would've impacted the album any different.

Does anyone know if this guy is legit? I saw someone say he was the person who originally leaked “Weight.”

Do we know if it’s a ballad or a dance track? That might help narrow down some options.
My top guesses are Monster (really, really hope it’s not a dud), Adore You, Michael’s Affirmation/Photographs. If it’s from Invincible, it’s probably either a Buxer/Prince produced track or an unfinished Darkchild track (Michael Prince did mention a while back that there are several Darkchild tracks in the vault with unfinished vocals).
No idea, I'm going by what he said in the YT comments. His channel is @theartistichorseman.

Ghost Of Another Lover:
suit-slideshow-man-in-suit-sitting.gif
That one I kinda consider a post Invincible tune. Which makes it of course super fascinating but basically a sketch.

right. I'm saying when we hear outtakes, some fans say "this should've been on the album! this would've been #1!" and listening to the song for me, I don't think it would've impacted the album any different.
People just like hearing 'new' stuff. It's recency bias in full effect.

Yeah, the Thriller outtakes are very stale. They’re mostly very safe and middle-of-the-road synth-pop that anybody could’ve pulled off.
Only ones that aren't is Hot Street and Carousel
Behind the Mask deserves a bit of kudos. That's still in some ways the best outtake we've gotten. My favorite song for a while.

Behind the Mask deserves a bit of kudos. That's still in some ways the best outtake we've gotten. My favorite song for a while.
Not on the state MJ left it though, the instrumental is severely lacking for the most part. The remix John McCain made really brought life to the song while still remaining faithful to the original sound.

Not on the state MJ left it though, the instrumental is severely lacking for the most part. The remix John McCain made really brought life to the song while still remaining faithful to the original sound.
We haven't really heard the state it was left in, since Quincy altered it later in Westlake I think.

The guy said that the song might be from Invincible era.
The leaker gave the lyrics of the supposed song, it goes like "Everything you take, you gonna fake it"

So that eliminates the possibility of it being Monster since MJ only says "You created a monster" in the entire song. Anyone have a hint on what song it could be?

most likely

Something came to mind while looking at these: why is that the HQ version of Slapstick never surfaced? It's quite odd all the others did but not it.

Something came to mind while looking at these: why is that the HQ version of Slapstick never surfaced? It's quite odd all the others did but not it.
She's Trouble did neither. It was kinda surreal when it was finally released in HQ on T40.

most likely

Why didn’t they put that version on the Michael album or Thriller 40? Is that because Quincy doesn’t givr them the permission to release it?

Why didn’t they put that version on the Michael album or Thriller 40? Is that because Quincy doesn’t givr them the permission to release it?
That's the thing: the 2010 remix seems to have this one as reference, as it has some vocals not on the demo released last year.

Well, yes, I'm pretty sure. Right @AlwaysThere?
I don’t think it was ever confirmed, sadly.
Agreed. I think “Mike’s Mix” is honestly pretty bad, whereas the 2010 remix is damn near perfect in my eyes.

That's the thing: the 2010 remix seems to have this one as reference, as it has some vocals not on the demo released last year.
Maybe the Q produced mix would have outshined the 2010 remix

Maybe the Q produced mix would have outshined the 2010 remix
Honestly, I don't think so. It'd be an alternate version. John McClain's work on the track is fabulous.
If only Branca would let him do the work instead of recruiting a bunch of random mainstream producers (mad respect for Timbo, but that's not a job for him).

Back