Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Maybe happy song or Peter pan .like dream away I wish there is many songs like dream away .I think even Michael makeller
Neverland Landing, Make A Wish, etc. are likely more cinematic pieces with orchestral elements and such.

As of now, we don't know if Michael McKellar was recorded. Looking at the lyrics, the mood is almost certainly different - more somber and reflective.

Neverland Landing - as a title - seems to invoke excitement or a sense of magic. Lighthearted.

Dream Away is sorta in the middle. Optimistic with a touch of sadness.

A pretty big spectrum, in my eyes. But that's just my take.

For what it’s worth, “Neverland Landing” sounds pretty much exactly like you’d expect it to—classic Disney. The closest I can think of in terms of sound/aesthetic is “Something There” from Beauty and the Beast, specifically this version:

“Neverland Landing” is a good deal slower (closer to “The Lost Children” if anything), but as far as vibe goes I’d say this is pretty close. Not my cup of tea, but if you liked “Seeing Voices,” it’s absolutely up your alley.

For what it’s worth, “Neverland Landing” sounds pretty much exactly like you’d expect it to—classic Disney. The closest I can think of in terms of sound/aesthetic is “Something There” from Beauty and the Beast, specifically this version:

“Neverland Landing” is a good deal slower (closer to “The Lost Children” if anything), but as far as vibe goes I’d say this is pretty close. Not my cup of tea, but if you liked “Seeing Voices,” it’s absolutely up your alley.
Have you heard this track? Any others you’ve heard? Did you go to the US copyright office or did you make connections with collectors

That's very pretty actually, so that song is pretty catchy, and Seeing Voices was to me too, so I got high hopes for this one too then.

Any lyrics you recall? I’m very curious to know what he was going for lyrically for his Peter Pan tracks. How long was the snippet? Do you think it could leak? Can you confirm it is vocally complete?
Off-hand, the only lines I recall clearly are: “Rainbow skies and crystal streams / Butterflies and [something] dreams.” Seems like he was just describing this idyllic scenery.

The snippet was only about 15-20 seconds.

Not sure if it’ll leak truthfully, but given that it was meant for such a niche project and probably doesn’t have much use in any other project, I’d certainly love it to!

It seems to be vocally complete, yes. His voice was double-tracked and there was no mumbling nor humming (at least in what I heard).

Off-hand, the only lines I recall clearly are: “Rainbow skies and crystal streams / Butterflies and [something] dreams.” Seems like he was just describing this idyllic scenery.

Not sure if it’ll leak truthfully, but given that it was meant for such a niche project and probably doesn’t have much use in any other project, I’d certainly love it to!

It seems to be vocally complete, yes. His voice was double-tracked and there was no mumbling nor humming (at least in what I heard).
Vocals like dream away? Or childhood ?

@AlwaysThere do you happen to know of other snippets that we don't know of that's circulating? I never would've thought that people out there owned Neverland Landing lol.
My best guess is all of the tracks registered at the copyright office in 2009/10 by Brad Buxer would be in high level trading. Michael Prince said “we handed everything over to the estate” and of course, leaks like “Hollywood tonight demo” “DIG” and “IAAL” all came from there. I assume traders have the following “Boy No”, “Just Remember”, “Innocent Man” “Rocker” & “Dark Lady”. “Neverland Landing” was also registered along with those tracks.

That afternoon, Tito’s acoustic guitar and our free-styling lyrics captured an angry inspiration for a song we called ‘What’s Your Life?’. That was how Michael liked to work. When a true experience inspired a song, he liked to get it down on his tape recorder or in the nearest studio. We recorded that song within an hour at Tito’s studio, also in Encino. It went like this:

FIRST VERSE
All my life I’ve been asked such questions
As who I am and what I do
When I tell them, they are happy
’Cause I am rich, it gets me through
If I were a poor boy, would they accept me
Am I rich? What’s it to you?
And what’s your reason for asking?
Is my life one big interview?”

THE HOOK
What’s your life? What you do?
I do this, how ‘bout you?”
What’s your goal in life ’cause
I want tips, to get through
Are you rich? Are you poor?
Are you bold? Are you sure?
Will you bend, do you break?
Are you strong, to endure?
What’s your life? …

Another one I hope to hear. Jermaine and Michael on vocals with Tito on guitar. Recorded between 1982 and 1983

Thanks for the info, man!

@AlwaysThere do you happen to know of other snippets that we don't know of that's circulating? I never would've thought that people out there owned Neverland Landing lol.
That I don’t. I was also shocked, though ever since Joe Vogel revealed that he somehow was able to obtain a personal copy of it, I figured that anything’s possible haha!

My best guess is all of the tracks registered at the copyright office in 2009/10 by Brad Buxer would be in high level trading. Michael Prince said “we handed everything over to the estate” and of course, leaks like “Hollywood tonight demo” “DIG” and “IAAL” all came from there. I assume traders have the following “Boy No”, “Just Remember”, “Innocent Man” “Rocker” & “Dark Lady”. “Neverland Landing” was also registered along with those tracks.
Didn't HT, DIG, IAAL, etc. come from the Sony server leak? It's still weird to me how those are supposedly the only songs that were stored in the servers, and they're not even the most up-to-date versions on top of that. I refuse to believe that there isn't more that were taken from the servers.
I figured that anything’s possible haha!
Yeah after GYWOOM and some of the most random songs no one would ever have expected to hear got leaked last year, I say anything can be leaked lol.

Last edited:
Didn't HT, DIG, IAAL, etc. come from the Sony server leak? It's still weird to me how those are supposedly the only songs that were stored in the servers, and they're not even the most up-to-date versions on top of that. I refuse to believe that there isn't more that were taken from the servers.

Yeah after GYWOOM and some of the most random songs no one would ever have expected to hear got leaked last year, I say anything can be leaked lol.
Exactly i believe they must have taken the copyrighted tracks from the Sony server.

That afternoon, Tito’s acoustic guitar and our free-styling lyrics captured an angry inspiration for a song we called ‘What’s Your Life?’. That was how Michael liked to work. When a true experience inspired a song, he liked to get it down on his tape recorder or in the nearest studio. We recorded that song within an hour at Tito’s studio, also in Encino. It went like this:

FIRST VERSE
All my life I’ve been asked such questions
As who I am and what I do
When I tell them, they are happy
’Cause I am rich, it gets me through
If I were a poor boy, would they accept me
Am I rich? What’s it to you?
And what’s your reason for asking?
Is my life one big interview?”

THE HOOK
What’s your life? What you do?
I do this, how ‘bout you?”
What’s your goal in life ’cause
I want tips, to get through
Are you rich? Are you poor?
Are you bold? Are you sure?
Will you bend, do you break?
Are you strong, to endure?
What’s your life? …

Another one I hope to hear. Jermaine and Michael on vocals with Tito on guitar. Recorded between 1982 and 1983
Source?

@AlwaysThere Are there any other songs you heard?

I would love them to use “Neverland Landing” and “Make a Wish” for the Neverland scenes in the biopic. Do you feel that would be a good use for them? Honestly they are some of my most wanted tracks

Back