Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Around 60 photos are going around showing scans of cassette and DAT tapes. There’s what appears to be an early track listing for Dangerous from early 1990, a couple tapes for “Turning Me Off” and “Throwin’ Your Life Away,” and the Decade compilation.
TMO😯

Jackson wrote and recorded “Turning Me Off” during the Hayvenhurst sessions in early 1986. He worked on it primarily with John Barnes and Bill Bottrell. “It had some crazy sound combinations,” said Barnes. “It was kind of an Electronica sound—we had three different synthesizers we were using. The synths had enough punch that we left the bass out.” According to Matt Forger, it was “one of Michael’s edgier experiments. Very groove-oriented. It was quite an interesting track.” The song remains unreleased.

Judging by one of the leaked photos, it seems like a Janet and Michael duet was planned as far back as the Dangerous sessions. Garbage might be a working title for one of MJ's socially conscious songs about the world's issues today. Also, The Choice seems to be a new title, and Bubbles has been confirmed to be a song from the Dangerous-era.

(Edit: Alternatively, "Garbage" might've been a working title for some kind of rock song. While I love to assume it's for Give In To Me, there's also the possibility that Michael was planning a different song to fill the template of "obligatory rock song" before it was recorded. Given how GITM was supposed to be a dance song, it could be plausible.)

Last edited:
Judging by one of the leaked photos, it seems like a Janet and Michael duet was planned as far back as the Dangerous sessions. Garbage might be a working title for one of MJ's socially conscious songs about the world's issues today. Also, The Choice seems to be a new title, and Bubbles has been confirmed to be a song from the Dangerous-era.
“Bubbles” is 1:30 of random industrial noises. Seems to be an experimental piece, from what I’m told—think “Revolution 9” by The Beatles.

Also, that leaked photo mentions “Homeless Bound,” which is another experimental piece. It’s something like 6 minutes of homeless people talking set to an instrumental piece (courtesy of Bryan Loren). Matt Forger literally went to Skid Row to record the homeless for it.

If this is an early track listing, it seems like MJ was really leaning heavy into “weird” territory.

Can you post the pics over here?

Deep In The Night Mix 2

Chicago 1945 Studio Version

A Place With No Name Ft Akon

Xscape Démo Version

Throwing Your Life Away

Xscape Alternate Version

Craze

Streetwalker Rough Mix

Bubbles

these are the songs that the leaker said might be leaked next

If they’re gonna leak more it should be right now. I’m pretty sure authorities will have found a way to put a stop to it by tomorrow

according to a picture, this is the original bad track list:

Side A
1) Streetwalker
2) Bad
3) Hot Fever
4) Speed Demon
5) Liberian Girl
6) Just Good Friends
Side B

1) Another Part of Me
2) Man in the Mirror
3) I Just Can’t Stop
4) Dirty Diana
5) Smooth Criminal

this basically says that Streetwalker was on the list before APOM, and that Hot Fever (demo of TWYMMF) was recorded

according to a picture, this is the original bad track list:

Side A
1) Streetwalker
2) Bad
3) Hot Fever
4) Speed Demon
5) Liberian Girl
6) Just Good Friends
Side B

1) Another Part of Me
2) Man in the Mirror
3) I Just Can’t Stop
4) Dirty Diana
5) Smooth Criminal

this basically says that Streetwalker was on the list before APOM, and that Hot Fever (demo of TWYMMF) was recorded
Leave Me Alone isn't on here, but APOM is. I'm confused.

Back