Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

What I find frustrating is that back in the 80s when I was reading some music magazines some articles reported that MJ had made hundreds of songs and now it seems there's peanuts left. Also I can't comprehend how come there's no single high quality Triumph, Victory and Bad tours video quality. The cameras were constantly rolling, the press was there, those were huge if not historical events and all we get to see is VHS video quality. Those unreleased tour videos and songs must exist somewhere and it appears it's not in the Estate's vault.

Ok lets try to reconstruct the 24 songs that were in contention for Xscape.

1 LNFSG
2 Chicago
3 Loving You
4 A Place With No Name
5 Slave To The Rhythm
6 Do You Know Where Your Children Are
7 Blue Gangsta
8 Xscape

3 of those had already leaked many years prior (maybe more I’m not an expert).
So what 16 songs are left?

9 Hot Fun In The Summertime
10 Chicago 1945
11 Can’t Get Your Weight Off Of Me
12 Throwing Your Life Away

We can only assume many of the T40 tracks were among this this as well as other leaked tracks like monkey bussiness, serious effect, work that body…

This is all just pure guesswork from my part but since all htese tracks never got officialy released I think they were in contention.
Lovely Way has been considered.
Who knows if more Thriller tracks like Hot Street have been as well.

When they released Xscape they said they choose from what? 24 completely finished songs, all good enough to be released, didn't they?? I remember they said a number they choose from, and they choose songs MJ had recorded vocals many times becuase it proved to them MJ liked the song.

So there must be some songs in the vault.
The fact that Michael Jackson had recorded vocals many times on certain songs does not necessarily prove that he liked these songs.

If he liked these songs, then he would have released them (in one way or another) during his lifetime.

For instance, 'Slave To The Rhythm' was one of these songs (for the posthumous 'Xscape' album).

But Michael Jackson did not like that song, considering that he did not include it on his 'Dangerous' album, or on any other later release (studio album, box set, etc) while he was still alive.

Confirmed releaseable and unleaked songs from what I gathered:

I Have This Dream
Crack Kills
What You Do To Me (1985)
Angel
Do You Love Me
Man In Black
Buffalo Bill
Victory
1 RedOne Song

Have we gotten confirmation for Man In Black being more complete than what we've heard other than Bryan Loren saying so? (I don't find him particularly reliable)

The fact that Michael Jackson had recorded vocals many times on certain songs does not necessarily prove that he liked these songs.

If he liked these songs, then he would have released them (in one way or another) during his lifetime.

For instance, 'Slave To The Rhythm' was one of these songs (for the posthumous 'Xscape' album).

But Michael Jackson did not like that song, considering that he did not include it on his 'Dangerous' album, or on any other later release (studio album, box set, etc) while he was still alive.
Sorry, but that conclusion is nonsense. Just because MJ did not release a song does not mean he didnt like it. He liked Hot Street and didnt release it

I Have This Dream
Crack Kills
What You Do To Me (1985)
Angel
Do You Love Me
Man In Black
Buffalo Bill
Victory
1 RedOne Song
That's literally enough for one final posthumous album. Add in the Hot Fun remix (or maybe just the original with added vocals) as well as Get Your Weight Off Me and Chicago 1945, and you've got yourself a nice 12-track album.

(and replace the incomplete Man In Black with Truth On Youth. There's no way anyone could possibly know of another version beyond what Loren showed at his seminar.)

I Have This Dream
Crack Kills
What You Do To Me (1985)
Angel
Do You Love Me
Man In Black
Buffalo Bill
Victory
1 RedOne Song
Thank you so much! So there is still hope we get at least one more album. What are your sources for „Angel“ and „Do you Love me“? I‘ve seen those titles but i was not at all aware that they are releasable.

Also do we know at least one releasable song from the era 2005-2009?

Thank you so much! So there is still hope we get at least one more album. What are your sources for „Angel“ and „Do you Love me“? I‘ve seen those titles but i was not at all aware that they are releasable.
They're mentioned on the book For The Record.

Angel:
Song written by Babyface, who deescribed it as 'simply fantastic', and recorded around 1998 by Michael for a greatest hits compilation that didn't happen - remains unreleased.

Do You Love Me:
One of two songs Babyface revealed he had completed with Michael in late 1998, for a solo album by Michael scheduled for 1999, where they were aiming for a 'streeter' sound - remains unreleased.

Also do we know at least one releasable song from the era 2005-2009?
By the looks of it only 2 which is I have This Dream and I Was The Loser.

I keep seeing “Angel” and “Do You Love Me” listed, but I’ve never been able to locate the interview where Babyface allegedly cites them.

Don't forget the one Will.I.am track that should be completed...

I would not release them on an album. I'd rather have a song released every 3 months (and hopefully some of them become hits or minor hits) and when everything is released you can buy them all together on a compilation album. It would mean MJ stays on the radio and maybe even in the charts for 3 to 4 years until all of the tracks are released.

Now about the full songs which miss verses or other lyrics. We have "Beautiful girl", "in the back" and Damien confirmed "rocker" to be at that stage too. There are possibilities for these as well. Someone can complete them as a duet (JT - LNFSG) or use the available lyrics in another song as a "featured artist" (Drake, Rockwell).

I don't know how many of these songs exist but it should also be enough to have MJ relevant for another 5 years

Last edited:
This is similar to what I was told, especially about the chorus and production. I was told, though, that it technically is releasable, though the verses don’t make much sense. Perhaps they could pull a “Tabloid Junkie” and use it as an artistic choice?
Is H20 and Water the same track?

Don't forget the one Will.I.am track that should be completed...
Are you talking about I'm Dreaming? Damien said that MJ only sings on the hook and I don't think that would count as being releasable on a MJ solo album. Maybe on any album of Will.I.Am's though.
Is H20 and Water the same track?
No, there are 2 different copyright registries for H20 and Water (there's also another for Frank Cascio's song but let's not count that one) so that means they're 2 different songs.

We should try and put all the information Damien has shared into one post.

Still not a 100% sold that the vault is as empty as it seems. I don't doubt any of what Damien has kindly shared, but I wouldn't be shocked if we're quietly surprised at how much is left in the vault, not everything has been registered and even found

We should try and put all the information Damien has shared into one post.

Still not a 100% sold that the vault is as empty as it seems. I don't doubt any of what Damien has kindly shared, but I wouldn't be shocked if we're quietly surprised at how much is left in the vault, not everything has been registered and even found
Agreed, someone should make a thread but I ain’t gonna do it. It should be someone who knows a lot and has organization talents lol

It should he a sticky, available for all to see on the front page (with sources) so that not everyone asks the same old questions every couple of months.

I really think we all deserve clarity over this. All the projects are great but in the end what we are really interested in are the tracks in the vault. With what I described a couple of posts earlier, they can stretch new song releases for the next 10 years If they want.

They're mentioned on the book For The Record.

Angel:
Song written by Babyface, who deescribed it as 'simply fantastic', and recorded around 1998 by Michael for a greatest hits compilation that didn't happen - remains unreleased.

Do You Love Me:
One of two songs Babyface revealed he had completed with Michael in late 1998, for a solo album by Michael scheduled for 1999, where they were aiming for a 'streeter' sound - remains unreleased.
Craig Halstead and Chris Cadman state in their 'Michael Jackson: The Solo Years' book that both of these songs are complete.

The authors also state that generally the complete, Babyface-produced songs (from that era) are at least two ('Angel', 'Do You Love Me').

'Angel' was even meant as the lead single from the planned album.

American producer Keith Sweat (along with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis) are said to have also been involved in the making of these songs.

"Truth about Youth" feat. LL Cool J should be also a finished song.
if somebody could ask Damien about this song....? :)
recorded in 1990/1991 for the Dangerous album.

LL mentioned in an interview that they did "several" songs.
sounds like Serious Effect and Truth about Youth are not the only ones.

Hi, new member here, just wanted to ask if we know that the versions Damien has heard are the final versions of the songs he's listened to? Call it copium or whatever but if the answer is no I don't think we should take his word as the sole component of wether these songs were in the same state as he heard them up until MJ died or not, I think we should also take into account things like if MJ went back to the songs later, what other people that heard some of the songs have to say, if the people that worked on them have said anything on them, etc., it could clear up some of the supposed contradictions if we know different versions of different states of completions exist of some of these songs. All of this info is pretty cool but if the versions he heard aren't the "final" ones then we can't be sure they aren't completely unreleasable (though who knows, maybe I just don't want to think quite a handful of the stuff in the vault is this rough).

Craig Halstead and Chris Cadman state in their 'Michael Jackson: The Solo Years' book that both of these songs are complete.

The authors also state that generally the complete, Babyface-produced songs (from that era) are at least two ('Angel', 'Do You Love Me').

'Angel' was even meant as the lead single from the planned album.

American producer Keith Sweat (along with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis) are said to have also been involved in the making of these songs.
Do u have information about truth about youth so angel and do you love me is full songs

I still don't understand how Damien was able to listen to these songs. I live in the US and if I can visit some library and hear these well then I am doing it. I need more info.
Some of them he heard at the US Copyright Office in Washington, DC. Others were played during interviews with John Barnes, Michael Prince, so on and so forth.

Back