Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

I don't know if the following interview with WIll I Am and the information it contains about the song "I'm Dreaming" is known or not - I only came across it today:

(the excerpt is from an interview from 2021).

From 13:00 he talks about "I'm Dreaming" (a cover by KRS ONE) and sings the MJ vocals/lyrics as well as the bass.

I don't know if the following interview with WIll I Am and the information it contains about the song "I'm Dreaming" is known or not - I only came across it today:

(the excerpt is from an interview from 2021).

From 13:00 he talks about "I'm Dreaming" (a cover by KRS ONE) and sings the MJ vocals/lyrics as well as the bass.
What are the chances @Lord Jackson or @Korgnex can leak the song from Will's hard drive in his house? Punish Will I Am for his sins.

It is actually really interesting getting these hints at what space MJ was in musically, and yet, I'm hoping the songs are more rich and have a lot of depth, like the Quincy made albums. The later records admittedly were much more sparse, with exception to a few tracks, and the ballads obviously had lots of instrumentation. As far as the up tempoes, idk, MJ really liked that James Brown funk/hip hop flip to "rap" over. There were definitely exceptions though.

I'm certain that Hot Fun In The Summertime was going to be on the Estate's next album, around 2018 the song was registered and the Estate had purchased the catalog of the band Sly shortly after. I'm sure it'll still be released at some point.

Type of Work:​
Recorded Document
Document Number:​
V9957D089
Date of Recordation:​
2018-09-05
Entire Copyright Document:​
V9957 D089 P1-9
Title:​
Hot fun in the summertime & 65 other titles.
Notes:​
Notice of termination of grant under 17 USC Section 203 (c); date and manner of service of the notice: 31 Aug18; by Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested, and First Class. Termination effective 17Sep20.
Party 1:​
Sylvester Stone, p.k.a. Sly Stone.
Party 2:​
Michael Jackson, d.b.a. Mijac Music/Warner Chappell/Mijac Music, & Mijac Music.
Links:​
List of Titles
Names:​
Stone, Sylvester
Stone, Sly
Jackson, Michael
Mijac Music/Warner Chappell/Mijac Music
Mijac Music

I'm certain that Hot Fun In The Summertime was going to be on the Estate's next album, around 2018 the song was registered and the Estate had purchased the catalog of the band Sly shortly after. I'm sure it'll still be released at some point.

Type of Work:​
Recorded Document
Document Number:​
V9957D089
Date of Recordation:​
2018-09-05
Entire Copyright Document:​
V9957 D089 P1-9
Title:​
Hot fun in the summertime & 65 other titles.
Notes:​
Notice of termination of grant under 17 USC Section 203 (c); date and manner of service of the notice: 31 Aug18; by Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested, and First Class. Termination effective 17Sep20.
Party 1:​
Sylvester Stone, p.k.a. Sly Stone.
Party 2:​
Michael Jackson, d.b.a. Mijac Music/Warner Chappell/Mijac Music, & Mijac Music.
Links:​
List of Titles
Names:​
Stone, Sylvester
Stone, Sly
Jackson, Michael
Mijac Music/Warner Chappell/Mijac Music
Mijac Music
That entry isn't related to MJs cover of HFITST.

The production sounds basic, that can't be how all the songs from Neff-U's sessions sounds like. Damien also said that D.I.E in particular was like heavy rock music. This has to be a generalization on his part.
I think it is a generalization. Not every song has this flavor, but overall this is the direction MJ seemed to be headed in.

I wonder what song in particular was Damien referring to, maybe it's Dark Lady? I can see the bass from Queen's Under Pressure fitting there.

I think it is a generalization. Not every song has this flavor, but overall this is the direction MJ seemed to be headed in.
MJ had RedOne, Lady Gaga esque pop in there, he wanted to work with Stargate, he wanted to work with Ne-Yo, John Legend had songs written, T-Pain, he worked with Akon, and Neff-U and he had tons of older self compositions. And the songs he seemed to be making from then on were very hip-hop esque. Like the modern "Dangerous". Anything I'm forgetting?

MJ had RedOne, Lady Gaga esque pop in there, he wanted to work with Stargate, he wanted to work with Ne-Yo, John Legend had songs written, T-Pain, he worked with Akon, and Neff-U and he had tons of older self compositions. And the songs he seemed to be making from then on were very hip-hop esque. Like the modern "Dangerous". Anything I'm forgetting?
He was trying out a bit of everything it seems, there's the gospel songs from Bahrain, the R&B songs from Ne-Yo, the electropop songs from RedOne and pop/hip-hop style from Will.I.Am, pop-rock music with old collaborators like Michael Prince and Brad Buxer and revisiting plenty of songs from past decades. I would love to see the result of all the mixture from that era.

He was trying out a bit of everything it seems, there's the gospel songs from Bahrain, the R&B songs from Ne-Yo, the electropop from RedOne and pop/hip-hop style from Will.I.Am, pop-rock music with old collaborators like Michael Prince and Brad Buxer and revisiting plenty of songs from past decades. I would love to see the result of all the mixture from that era.
Ah yes, and he was working with Rod Temperton and Steve Porcaro again. That would've been huge tbh.

Ah yes, and he was working with Rod Temperton and Steve Porcaro again. That would've been huge tbh.
And with collaborators from the Invincible era like Dr Freeze and Rodney Jerkins. Ngl I do feel like his next album was gonna be as overproduced as Invincible, MJ was working with way too many producers lol.

And with collaborators from the Invincible era like Dr Freeze and Rodney Jerkins. Ngl I do feel like his next album was gonna be as overproduced as Invincible, MJ was working with way too many producers lol.
That’s how MJ always worked though. 5-6 producers came and went during the Dangerous sessions, and HIStory alone has 10 credited producers. It’s all about how the final track listing comes together.

Back