Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

And it's just as telling that so many of the songs MJ wanted to consistently revist came from the Bad era. We're talking a way larger ratio than OTW, Thriller, Dangerous, and HIStory, is for sure. And that's because of how fruitful it was.
omg exactly!! some examples including how he remade someone put your hand out from the bad era to dangerous era, or how he used streetwalker as the basis for dangerous

omg exactly!! some examples including how he remade someone put your hand out from the bad era to dangerous era, or how he used streetwalker as the basis for dangerous
Yep. Lotta longevity. A lot of 80s tunes that could easily be huge hits in the modern times of the early 2010s. They would've sounded great.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about GITTG. I wonder if it was a scratch demo or one with full vocals.

And on the subject of the Victory and pre-Bad sessions, Michael seems to have made enough to justify a full album without Quincy. Just look at the huge amount of songs recorded between 1983-1986:

EDITED TO ACCOUNT FOR CORRECTIONS USERS HAVE MADE:
  • Chicago 1945 - vocally complete
  • Dream Away - vocally complete
  • Buffalo Bill - vocally complete w/backing vocals from the Jacksons
  • Alright Now - status unknown
  • Far, Far Away - status unknown
  • Holiday Inn - status unknown
  • Fantasy - status unknown w/Jermaine Jackson
  • Tomboy - status unknown
  • What You Do To Me - vocally complete
  • Do You Know Where Your Children Are - vocally complete
  • Throwin' Your Life Away - vocally complete
  • Lovin' You - vocally complete
  • Al Capone - vocally complete
  • Make Or Break - contains a reference vocal, backing vocals, and a scratch bridge
  • Turnin' Me Off - vocally incomplete
  • Streetwalker - vocally complete
  • I'm So Blue - vocally incomplete (?)
  • Free - vocally complete
  • Crack Kills - vocally complete without RUN-DMC rap
  • Saturday Woman - vocally incomplete
  • Price of Fame - vocally complete
  • Abortion Papers - vocally complete
  • Don't Be Messin' 'Round - vocally incomplete
  • Cheater - vocally complete
  • Be Me 4 A Day - status unknown
  • Get In To The Groove - status unknown
  • Someone Put Your Hand Out - vocally incomplete
  • Apocalypse Now - status unknown
  • Fly Away - vocally complete
  • Groove Of Midnight - status unknown
You could make an entire album just out of the vocally complete demos and get away with calling it "finished." And that's not even including the tenative demos for Liberian Girl, Dirty Diana, Smooth Criminal, and Leave Me Alone.

While the majority of those songs might have vocals, they're not complete lyrically.......he hums and mumbles through a few

is my list good and accurate?
It's 50/50, a lot of the titles there don't exist and we don't have info if they were recorded or not. Like A Baby Smiles was only ever reworked into a poem. I Am Your Joy, Spice Of Life, Pyramid Girl aren't real. Neverland Landing is from 1983 and not 1989. MJ's version of Alright Now was recorded in 1985 and so on.

I think the problem is we find out more new information on unreleased almost all the time lately, I remember back in the day we'd wait to hear a new nugget of information every nowand then, honestly I think that was more exciting.

I still remember the excitement of hearing what Don't Be Messin' Round sounds like after years of speculation. We don't really have that anymore

Anyway it appears if you're out of the loop for a couple of weeks, what was true then is proven to be false now or vice versa.

It's 50/50, a lot of the titles there don't exist and we don't have info if they were recorded or not. Like A Baby Smiles was only ever reworked into a poem. I Am Your Joy, Spice Of Life, Pyramid Girl aren't real. Neverland Landing is from 1983 and not 1989. MJ's version of Alright Now was recorded in 1985 and so on.
how is spice of life not real? (unless im confusing it for another song)

If you wanna dm me to help me revise or go over my list that would be really helpful

Can you give me a list, so I can change the document for the better?
Sure! Off the top of my head:
  • “Apocalypse Now” is from the Invincible sessions, not the Bad sessions.
  • The Snoop Dogg collaboration is “I Have This Dream” from 2005.
  • “Angel” and “Do You Love Me” don’t exist.
  • “Jungle” and “Jungle City” are the same song, and are sourced from the Invincible sessions.
  • “Photographs” is an original instrumental. As far as I’ve seen, there’s been nothing to indicate that a second song with the same title exists, much less a cover. It’s likely just a secondary version/registration.
  • “Lovin’ You” was a Brad Buxer demo from circa 2003 that MJ never recorded. It shouldn’t be in the “final sessions” area.
  • “I Love You More” was likely from the Invincible sessions, given that it was written by Eric Kirkland, who to my knowledge was only present in the late 1990s/early 2000s.
  • There are numerous song titles that are assigned to a specific era/album despite no existing confirmation. Nearly everything named in MJ’s 1993 deposition has yet to be assigned to a specific era.
  • Several song titles are, to my understanding, little more than unconfirmed rumors.
  • Caution should be taken with anything from the US Copyright Office; there are numerous songwriters named Michael Jackson, and some of their songs pop up when you search his name. I’ve found that the only ones I can be certain about are those registered by/with Mijac Music.

• The Snoop Dogg collaboration is “I Have This Dream” from 2005.
  • “Angel” and “Do You Love Me” don’t exist.
  • “Jungle” and “Jungle City” are the same song, and are sourced from the Invincible sessions.
  • “Photographs” is an original instrumental. As far as I’ve seen, there’s been nothing to indicate that a second song with the same title exists, much less a cover. It’s likely just a secondary version/registration.
  • “Lovin’ You” was a Brad Buxer demo from circa 2003 that MJ never recorded. It shouldn’t be in the “final sessions” area.
  • “I Love You More” was likely from the Invincible sessions, given that it was written by Eric Kirkland, who to my knowledge was only present in the late 1990s/early 2000s.
  • There are numerous song titles that are assigned to a specific era/album despite no existing confirmation. Nearly everything named in MJ’s 1993 deposition has yet to be assigned to a specific era.
  • Several song titles are, to my understanding, little more than unconfirmed rumors.
  • Caution should be taken with anything from the US Copyright Office; there are numerous songwriters named Michael Jackson, and some of their songs pop up when you search his name. I’ve found that the only ones I can be certain about are those registered by/with Mijac Music.
Thank you for posting. I've just made edits to remove the more glaring issues. On the subject of the eighth and ninth point, I'll stand by and wait until they're officially confirmed by either the Estate or whoever has knowledge of MJ's vault.

Actually Apocalypse Now is a song from Bad 🤓
MJ-Rhythm_Mag_08.jpg

Spice of Life was written by Rod for possible inclusion on Thriller but no proof that Michael recorded it

Alright Now was recorded 1983/84 per John Barnes

Spice of Life was written by Rod for possible inclusion on Thriller but no proof that Michael recorded it
That's what I mean, a version with MJ doesn't exist.
Alright Now was recorded 1983/84 per John Barnes
John Barnes posted on the MJArchives Facebook group that the song was recorded in 1985.

Back