Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

I've read the Ebay ad before and don't remember it saying "Bombay Night" had vocals. Do you still have a screenshot?
I don’t, unfortunately. I remember someone on this forum asked the question, and the seller said “Bombay Nights” was the only track on the listing with vocals.

In 2004, there would also be a song called "Come back" with a certain Jud Mahoneys. Not sure if voices were really recorded.

Jud Mahoney from London was surprised to have a phone call from Michael in 2004 complimenting him on his song ‘Man Enough,’ and expressing a need to sign him to MJJ Records.

A very excited Jud traveled to Michael’s Neverland ranch to meet him, but he said Michael was very stressed about his trial at the time. Having said that, he was surprised at how normal Michael appeared to be at his home. Jud says:; “There was nothing crazy going on. He seemed like a genuinely lovely guy who was just focused on making records. There were a lot of dramas going on his life and he looked kind of frail.”

Jud played on an Xbox with Michael and they ate pizza. Although the song he wrote with Michael never saw the light of day, he hails the collaboration as the most special of his career. He was blown away by the energy and passion that Michael brought to their studio sessions.

Jud added; “I was a producer and I was doing well then, so I knocked up this track called ‘Come Back’ with him. We both came up with melodies. He’s very hands-on musically. People get the impression that he just goes in and sings these songs but he’s actually the main part of all these records. He was amazing. His natural energy and passion is far beyond anybody else I’ve worked with. Most people will sing a melody idea low because you’re in a room with just two people trying to come up with a song. When Michael did it, he turned from a softly spoken guy to literally singing at the top of his voice. It was like a dream.”

Inspired by the time he spent with Michael, Jud is finally emerging from the mixing desk to launch his own solo career. An album is expected next year.

Super interesting story, never heard of it! I did some research on Jud Mahoney, but could hardly find anything. Seems like he and his brother did some dance tracks in the 90s ('Alibi' was their name), but I could not find more information on those two guys themselves. Jud worked as a producer / songwriter afterwards.
I think he has an Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/judmahoney/
Is anyone with an account willing to ask him the usual questions about the collab with MJ? For example, if there are MJ vocals, how finished the song is, how long both have been working on it, if there are more songs, etc.

Super interesting story, never heard of it! I did some research on Jud Mahoney, but could hardly find anything. Seems like he and his brother did some dance tracks in the 90s ('Alibi' was their name), but I could not find more information on those two guys themselves. Jud worked as a producer / songwriter afterwards.
I think he has an Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/judmahoney/
Is anyone with an account willing to ask him the usual questions about the collab with MJ? For example, if there are MJ vocals, how finished the song is, how long both have been working on it, if there are more songs, etc.
I found the same information 🙂
I already sent a message which went unanswered. But don't hesitate to send him a message!

Mark Schaffel claims that MJ worked on unreleased music for the film Charly and the Chocolate Factory. It has already happened that MJ has done music for a film which is ultimately not made with him. I put you the passage from Mike Smallcombe's book in "Making Michael":

Mark Schaffel claims that Michael stopped working on the Invincible album in 2000 to secretly work in a small Los Angeles studio on the soundtrack for the remake of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory — he wanted a starring role in the film. “He thought it was the perfect role for him and wanted to use the soundtrack to bribe distributors to get the role.”

Schaffel attended several meetings with the film's distributors, but they were only interested in the soundtrack, not wanting Michael in the role; in the end it went to Johnny Depp.

The Edgar Alan Poe film project with supposedly unpublished music also dates from the same period, from 2000. An unpublished title with Walter Afanasieff is indicated in the ASCAP directory. It is unknown if there are MJ voices.

Jackson called the storyline "very scary", and although the film was not a musical, he planned to sing a song with lyrics based on Poe's poetry during the closing credits. Producer Pudney said Jackson told Steven Spielberg about the project, who was enthusiastic and suggested several potential directors, including Tim Burton.

In the ASCAP repertoire, there is also another unreleased title, "The World Is No Church", with Walter Afanasieff and Andrea Martin (was an American R&B singer-songwriter and producer). I haven't found any concrete information if the song has vocals. Walter Afanasieff's only song released to date with MJ is Fall Again, which remained incomplete vocally.

I'm going to take a little break from my daily news. Because it takes me time. But I will come back with good news!

Awesome news! I fell in love with the second snippet the moment I heard it, so I’m thrilled to find out it’s the real deal.
Ikr! Isn't it incredible how after almost 15 years we're finally listening to MJ's final songs, even if it's just for a few seconds?! Hopefully in the future there'll be more leaks from that era.

So wait what did I miss what leaked
A zip file containing snippets of unreleased songs supposedly by Korgnex leaked a while ago, and although a lot of people doubted that they are legit, it turned out they are. One of them confirmed to be "From The Bottom of My Heart" by Damien Shields. The other titles are just speculations since Damien can't remember.

A zip file containing snippets of unreleased songs supposedly by Korgnex leaked a while ago, and although a lot of people doubted that they are legit, it turned out they are. One of them confirmed to be "From The Bottom of My Heart" by Damien Shields. The other titles are just speculations since Damien can't remember.
Do you know where they were shared?

Back