Let's guess possible songs for the next album

^ Sony are not to blame, the Estate has the final say.

Sony will most likely renew their contract, people seem to forget the contract was not just about new material but includes all previously released music from MJ and MJ music (yes, his entire music) is still selling well worldwide, you know.

I'm wondering... When the contract with Sony ends, can the Estate sign a new contract with a new record company? Maybe a new record company does things better than Sony.

Of course they can, but they won't.

They are not leaving Sony ever. It's the estate who decides what's released. They are milking it there is only so much material in there possession.

A lot of time has passed since the last entry. What has changed? Do we know more than 4 years ago?

Please read the first two entries of this thread and comment on them. Do we have new information about any of these songs? Can we exclude one or add one to the list?

I saw on YouTube that a few seconds of Lovely Way were leaked. Is this the song that was considered for the Michael Album on which Mark Ronson worked?

I think we should rework the list!

Sadly I do not think there are any news...

And considering the stupid LN-mob I highly doubt we will get a new album this year...

Next year when the doc is forgotten - maybe even proven wrong or shot down by Taj's doc - then we will get new material.

But 2019 was a disaster year...

This year focus needs to be put back on the music. I don't think we'll get a new album but I'm hopeful we'll get to hear new songs. Maybe a single or two.
Sadly I do not think there are any news...

And considering the stupid LN-mob I highly doubt we will get a new album this year...

Next year when the doc is forgotten - maybe even proven wrong or shot down by Taj's doc - then we will get new material.

But 2019 was a disaster year...

I would imagine the next album will be a compilation based on the stage play. Maybe a cast recording.

I would imagine the next album will be a compilation based on the stage play. Maybe a cast recording.

Oh god I hope not. - Ypu mean an album without MJ vocals right? Just the cast from MJ the musical singing his songs??

I would never ever buy that. Other people singing MJ's songs have no interest for me... - as an album. Tribute concerts etc. can be ok, but I would never buu an impersonators album where he/she sings MJ...

Oh god I hope not. - Ypu mean an album without MJ vocals right? Just the cast from MJ the musical singing his songs??

I would never ever buy that. Other people singing MJ's songs have no interest for me... - as an album. Tribute concerts etc. can be ok, but I would never buu an impersonators album where he/she sings MJ...
Yeah, been there done that.

Maybe I'm a little behind the curve on this one. Is there gonna be a next LP ? I mean I read somewhere that Sony said no more full-fledged albums.

The estate said before LN that they were going the single only route. So if they release anything that'll be how they do it.

Once again, I'm speaking strictly in terms of the United States. Your description box says that you live in Sweden, and I'm sure Michael has a significant standing there. But in America? He's old hat.

XSCAPE did not sell platinum in the United States; it barely pushed by Gold (500k copies). The only song I've heard off of that album on the radio was Love Never Felt So Good. If XSCAPE was really trending on Twitter, it was because so many people were complaining that the Estate was making money off of a dead man (I searched #MJXSCAPE a few times, and the number of outraged/confused people largely outnumbered the excited fans). I've never heard LNFSG requested; radio stations around here played it simply because it was popular. TV hosts spoke of XSCAPE whenever L.A. Reid/Timbaland were there to discuss it; I haven't seen a flat-out discussion on the album at all. Once again, I'm saying that generally, people in the UNITED STATES don't seem to care much.

Also, This Is It was indeed record-breaking. But tell me, where did these concerts take place? EUROPE.

Once again, you (like Onir) are speaking on behalf of the entire world. You can't assume that the single failed because people thought it ruined the original. Once again, I know of a number of people who prefer the newer mix, myself included. It failed because people really aren't interested in Michael Jackson. Once again, he could jump in popularity in ten, twelve years. But for now, he's overdone.

Also, what was the promotion for Love Never Felt So Good? One performance? One music video? A Jeep commercial that I've seen twice? I've seen the commercial with A Place With No Name more often than I have for LNFSG. If anything, APWNN got just a smidge more coverage than LNFSG; the only truly opposing factor is the fact that it wasn't handed out to radio outlets properly.

Allow me to reinstate my argument, just so people begin understanding where I'm coming from: I am not suggesting that people don't like Michael Jackson all around the world. I am stating the simple fact that interest in him has died down significantly IN THE UNITED STATES since his death.

Vintage Michael is the only thing the general public is willing to listen to. All I ever hear on the radio is Billie Jean or Thriller or The Way You Make Me Feel; anything else might as well not have even been made.
I have said this very same thing. A little bit.

I doubt that we will ever get another posthumous album. I think from here on out, we will only get singles.

But if by some miracle, we ever get a posthumous album, I reckon this would be a possible tracklist:

1) Men In Black
2) Chicago
3) Dream Away
4) Throwing Your Life Away
5) I Am A Loser
6) Hot Street
7) She Got It
8) Fall Again / We've Had Enough (Some song from Ultimate Collection reworked)

I doubt that we will ever get another posthumous album. I think from here on out, we will only get singles.

But if by some miracle, we ever get a posthumous album, I reckon this would be a possible tracklist:

1) Men In Black
2) Chicago
3) Dream Away
5) I Am A Loser
6) Hot Street
7) She Got It
It's ok Nite Line. I like your dream wishlist.

Chicago 1945, Throwing Your Life Away, Dreams Away, Get Your Weight Off Of Me, The Loser...
plus some unheard bad 25 outtakes like Crack Kills... or the unreleased duet Hot Fun

thats a solid and realistic album

1) Men In Black
2) Chicago
3) Dream Away
5) I Am A Loser
6) Hot Street
7) She Got It

This is really good, each song is catchy and has radio potential except I am a loser I think all songs have hit potential. I’m impressed. I’d probably put this above even HIStory

Hollywood Tonight could also be among that next set of material. An alternate version that sounds way better than Teddy's.

You're talking about Chicago 1945 right? That would be strong. I would swap Men in Black with Buffalo Bill though.
I really like Men In Black, and would love to hear a more complete version of it and in better quality.

I completely forgot about Buffalo Bill. Yeah, I would like to hear that too.

give me a hard hitting SUPERTHUG album:

Throwin' Your Life Away
Rocker
Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me
If You Don't Love Me
Hot Street
Shout (remastered)
Crack Kills
Turning Me Off
Buffalo Bill
Make Or Break

there will be re-releases only, of Thriller, OTW and Bad.
Stupid Branca will tell us how great MJ would be, if he could still tour.

new music? that would mean the estate has to go through the vault and talk to producers. this won't happen. they are lazy as fk.

Back