Let’s settle this once and for all: Destiny vs Triumph…..

Great thread as always brother

Blame It On The Boogie - Can You Feel It
Push Me Away - Lovely One
Things I Do For You
- Your Ways
Shake Your Body - Everybody
Destiny - Heartbreak Hotel
Bless His Soul - Time Waits For No One
All Night Dancing - Walk Right Now
That’s What You Get For Being Polite
- Give It Up

Destiny - 3
Triumph - 5

This is really tough, there's so many great songs on both records. Easily the best output from The Jacksons. You can see Michael coming into his own as a songwriter.

Shake Your Body vs Everybody was so tough, I love both. I went for Everybody because I prefer Shake Your Body live.
That's What You Get For Being Polite is so underrated by the way, nobody ever mentions that song
Jack still! Jack still!

In all honesty, Polite is probably my favorite song from Destiny. It’s such an excellent song and very underrated so I totally agree with you brother

Talking about Victory, Wait would have been a #1 smash with MJ on the lead.
I have always wondered what would have the Victory album sounded like if A) the Thriller video hadn't been released (and the Thriller album itself hadn't received an astronomic push in sales) and B) Jermaine hadn't joined the group.

I was a member there years ago. I find the users there overall to be elitist. Michael Jackson isn’t much liked over there.
I didn't even know that site had a message board. I certainly couldn't care less about their members.

I just mean from a purely number-crunching point of view. If the goal is to get pov-confirmation from as many people as possible, as this thread seems to be doing, you're always better getting more votes than less.

It's not even a site you need to go back to - it's literally do it once then forget you ever did it. I just went back for the first time since before 2020.

I didn't even know that site had a message board. I certainly couldn't care less about their members.

I just mean from a purely number-crunching point of view. If the goal is to get pov-confirmation from as many people as possible, as this thread seems to be doing, you're always better getting more votes than less.

It's not even a site you need to go back to - it's literally do it once then forget you ever did it. I just went back for the first time since before 2020.
I think the less time you spend on that site they attribute less weight on your rating. This was done to counter artist‘ fandoms to artificially elevate their fave artists ratings.

I admit that's a possibility (IMDB does something similar). However I'm not sure it is here. The very premise of the site is to rate your music - by definition that's something you only do once.

Also, they really don't make a big deal of their forum. While logged in to the site, I went looking for their forum (it's not at all easy to find). And when I did, it asked me to log in again. This makes me think it's a completely different database.

In any case, I'm not suggesting we should use it to boost MJ, I'm just saying the results are more accurate with more people.

@R1chard

The site is a mess, it is old and complicated. They have been working on a new site for over 10 years, many people donated money for it but it seems like nothing really moves forward. It is like Taj's documentary.

In the past I was there daily, I got to know dozens of new artists and genres through that site. They also have a film database which is even more elitist

Thriller is ranked nr 182 of all time on that site which imo is tragically low, Off the wall is the only other album in the top 1000 at nr 540.
Invincible is appropriately rated at 2,79/5, it didn't even make the top 1000 best off list in 2001 😁

Last edited:
The site is a mess, it is old and complicated. They have been working on a new site for over 10 years, many people donated money for it but it seems like nothing really moves forward.
It's ok. It doesn't need a new site format. It's lists albums, it has millions of votes. Job done.

Invincible is appropriately rated at 2,79/5, it didn't even make the top 1000 best off list in 2001 😁
And if we're honest, if Invincible was sung by somebody else apart from MJ, that's exactly the score we would give it as well.

Like, 2.79 is still better than average, ie that score should still be better than 50% of all the albums ever released.

Just because they don't have Thriller at #1 it doesn't mean it's elitist or that there's a big conspiracy against MJ.

Triumph is just Michael at his prime. It's my favorite Jacksons album, it's amazing.

Back