List of bands/artists that Michael is a fan of

He liked Prince
I remember back in 2000 or 2001 there was a report of him buying dozens of CDs and I remember the two that stood out to me the most was Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP and a Radiohead album, I cant remember which one...

in that time was probably Kid A, man I would love to see a picture or a footage of that day :p

Jackie Wilson, James Brown, Beatles, Pet Shop Boys, Barbra Streisand, The Temptations, Kraftwerk, Elton John, Hall & Oates, Bee Gees, Earth Wind & Fire, Phil Collins, Whitney Houston, Barry White, Stephanie Mills, Diana Ross, Toto, Minnie Riperton, Johnny Mathis, Mozart, Stevie Wonder

Pet Shop Boys!? How could someone even mention Barbra Streisand and the Pet Shop Boys in the same line? :) I really rather believe he didn't like them nor other cheep untalented MTV created mutations like Lady gaga or whatever you call that obnoxious thing..

Pet Shop Boys!? How could someone even mention Barbra Streisand and the Pet Shop Boys in the same line? :) I really rather believe he didn't like them nor other cheep untalented MTV created mutations like Lady gaga or whatever you call that obnoxious thing..
Back in the mid 1980's Michael was seen shopping in a record store, and some reporter asked the clerk in the store what Michael bought, and the clerk said a Pet Shop Boys album. If Mike wanted to work with Kraftwerk, the Pet Shop Boys is not much different. Liza Minnelli made a record with the Pet Shop Boys. What's wrong with them? Just because you don't like them doesn't mean he doesn't. A lot of people on this site said they don't like the Beatles, but both Michael and Jermaine said they were big fans of them. Apparently Mike isn't closed minded like a lot of his listeners.

-Claude Debussy (one of his fav songs of all time: afternoon of a faun)
-Lady Gaga (Michael wanted to work with her)
-James Brown (well duuuh)
-Sammy Davis Jr (Michael talked about him all the time)

I read somehere that he liked Lady Gaga but I don't believe it at all

I think Lady Gaga's producer claimed that he wanted to work with her, but I agree, it sounds like PR for Gaga, more than anything. I don't believe it either.

Back in the mid 1980's Michael was seen shopping in a record store, and some reporter asked the clerk in the store what Michael bought, and the clerk said a Pet Shop Boys album. If Mike wanted to work with Kraftwerk, the Pet Shop Boys is not much different. Liza Minnelli made a record with the Pet Shop Boys. What's wrong with them? Just because you don't like them doesn't mean he doesn't. A lot of people on this site said they don't like the Beatles, but both Michael and Jermaine said they were big fans of them. Apparently Mike isn't closed minded like a lot of his listeners.

I was a big fan of the Pet Shop Boys, especially at the end of the 80s! Actually at the time they were my 2nd favourites after Michael. It would have been cool if they did something together.

Lady gaga was supposed to perform on Michael's tour This Is It, just search it on google.

I don't believe that Gaga was going to open the TII concerts, like many tabloids have claimed, this was at a time where her first single had just finished being a huge success. And Poker face began getting praise, she was a big talent, but not as big as she is now, and quite frankly during the time those stories were coming out, she simply wasn't big enough to open a tour for Michael Jackson. So I don't believe that's entirely true.

RedOne did say that Michael said he'd be open to working with her, and enjoyed her music and how different she was, during a time when every musician had a similar gimmick. Which I don't believe is too far fetched.

1:15:11 - 1:18:20 (February 2023)
Love that.... Wow, it makes sense that he had his finger on the pulse and knew world wide music charting. Also shows how hard he worked and strived for greatness. Inspirational.

Randy did an interview with Questlove a few years ago and he said in the 1970s Mike had soft rock albums by groups like Bread & America. I guess that would explain the inspiration behind Janet songs like Let's Wait Awhile & Someone To Call My Lover, lol. Both are based on songs by America. Jimmy Jam also said he listened to America because in Minneapolis during the time he was growing up, there wasn't much R&B on the radio there.

So nobody is going to mention that Michael was openly a HUGE Beyoncé fan? Prince has stated that Michael introduced him to 2pac’s music & other rappers. Michael was also a fan of Ne-Yo.

Last edited:
Missy Elliot. He had her perform at his 30th Anniversary Concert in 2001. He can be seen bobbing his head to her music/ rapping so I’m sure he liked her enough to have her at his concert.

Paris once said that her father loved Kanye West's 808s and Heartbreak

Back