Living with Michael Jackson

1958MJJmoonwalker7

Applehead_MJ
Hi! I have never watched this documentary (or leaving neverland), and I would like to know what it is about because I always hear bad things about it from mj fans. Can someone please summarize it for me because I don’t want to watch it if it makes me feel sad for him 😞 😢

Hi! I have never watched this documentary (or leaving neverland), and I would like to know what it is about because I always hear bad things about it from mj fans. Can someone please summarize it for me because I don’t want to watch it if it makes me feel sad for him 😞 😢
A quick google search would be a great starting point

Yeah, just watch them.

I think in the UK they're all on regular C4 streaming or whatever.

Well basically what happened is that Martin Bashir interviewed Michael and pretended to be nice to him, then when he edited the whole thing he added his own commentary to insinuate that Michael was bizarre and dangerous for children. There is a lot of sweet, beautiful footage of Michael in it, so it would be a shame not to watch it. Just put the video on mute when Bashir is talking if you feel like you can't handle it.

LOLLLLLL. WB

100% I'd recommend watching it, overall it was a pretty good show.

The second half takes a turn for the worse but that's because Arvizo is in it plus Michael is acting a bit manic in Germany.

Leaving Neverland had gorgeous shots of Neverland (including aerial shots if I remember well) (I like that kind of wide spaces)... but the acting and dialogues were subpar, and the re-shoots didn't fit well.

Last edited:
Michael, I Love your forever. Lena. South of Russia. Krasnodar.❤️🌊 💜

Well basically what happened is that Martin Bashir interviewed Michael and pretended to be nice to him, then when he edited the whole thing he added his own commentary to insinuate that Michael was bizarre and dangerous for children. There is a lot of sweet, beautiful footage of Michael in it, so it would be a shame not to watch it. Just put the video on mute when Bashir is talking if you feel like you can't handle it.
Michael Jackson should have asked from Martin Bashir to watch the final version of that documentary, and then to give his consent to the journalist for its TV release.

By that time, the singer had already been for 35 years in the music industry, yet he was so easily fooled by that journalist.
I love Michael but that behaviour was nuts and extremely irresponsible as a parent.

That whole trip something was seriously wrong due to how erratic and hyper he was. Defo on something.
Michael Jackson looked like he was drugged up during these segments.

Michael Jackson should have asked from Martin Bashir to watch the final version of that documentary, and then to give his consent to the journalist for its TV release.

By that time, the singer had already been for 35 years in the music industry, yet he was so easily fooled by that journalist.

Michael Jackson looked like he was drugged up during these segments.
I agree I think it’s a testament to how bad the people Michael had in his team at the time to not have the final sign off on something that was so important.
If you take away the Arviso’s and the commentary from Bashir it contains a lot of great footage of MJ, definitely watch the footage you were never meant to see too though.

Leaving Neverland on the other hand I’ve never watched and I have no intentions of ever watching the bad acting and lies.

If you take away the Arviso’s and the commentary from Bashir it contains a lot of great footage of MJ, definitely watch the footage you were never meant to see too though.
Really? MJ is not in a good place here and I find it very hard to watch, not only due to the Bashir commenting and editing. I remember being chocked when it was broadcasted, this was not the Michael as I "knew" him. For me even as a fan it was disturbing.

I agree I think it’s a testament to how bad the people Michael had in his team at the time to not have the final sign off on something that was so important.

Leaving Neverland on the other hand I’ve never watched and I have no intentions of ever watching the bad acting and lies.

I dont know if you could label it as 'great footage' because sometimes it was hard to watch.
He looked to be under influence of drugs/painkillers whatever. Though, in a way, it kinda was the reality of Michael at the time (even if the edit/montage of the doc probably made it even worse).

I still think all fans should watch both evil Bashirs version and the 'what you weren't meant to see version'.

I dont know if you could label it as 'great footage' because sometimes it was hard to watch.
He looked to be under influence of drugs/painkillers whatever. Though, in a way, it kinda was the reality of Michael at the time (even if the edit/montage of the doc probably made it even worse).

I still think all fans should watch both evil Bashirs version and the 'what you weren't meant to see version'.

I never said it was all great footage… but there are parts which were nice to see like how MJ talked about how he wrote Billie Jean and beat boxing and dancing to it, seeing footage of parts of Neverland we’d never seen before and his interactions with fans… but yeah, there’s also a lot of parts which were difficult to watch as a fan.

I never said it was all great footage… but there are parts which were nice to see like how MJ talked about how he wrote Billie Jean and beat boxing and dancing to it, seeing footage of parts of Neverland we’d never seen before and his interactions with fans…
The whole interview should've been this way. He was with Michael for 9 months I think & this is the result we got. He could've answered way more different questions. I don't understand how mj didn't see it or go over it before it was release but he probably told bashit that he trusted him. No questions about any siblings other than joe....like...MAN this...this interview is what ultimately killed him because in a way it destroyed his character even more. I was about 13 when this documentary aired & I didn't know any better of the way mj was acting on certain scenes or anything. I was just excited to see him on 📺 again. The only thing I do remember that I knew wasn't right or why would he dangle blanket 🤔 but I know now it was drugs. I often wonder what did he think about that moment later on in life. I really wish he didn't do that. But...thats life now

I love Michael but that behaviour was nuts and extremely irresponsible as a parent.

That whole trip something was seriously wrong due to how erratic and hyper he was. Defo on something.
He definitely was on an upper here but I must say that, assuming he himself took a lot of care of his own children, having a newborn also can make you feel very, very anxious and thus jittery

He definitely was on an upper here but I must say that, assuming he himself took a lot of care of his own children, having a newborn also can make you feel very, very anxious and thus jittery
Not to that extent though, that is madness (his behaviour)

One of the worst things he's ever done. I've not seen it in a while but bloody hell 😨

He is high as the moon 24/7. I've never watched it.

Really wish someone if not family would have intervened at some point, please don't think I'm awful but had he been sectioned and given professional help it could have changed his life and possibly still be here today enjoying life with his children so sad
His family did, but he refused the help. So very, very sad😔

^^^ I've just finished watching the we are the world documentary and the end credits say in loving memory of and lists everyone who died, Michael was the youngest on the list.

The man should still be with us today. Such a shame.

One of my favourite parts of this was the opening when MJ is being asked if he comes out here often (his rides at Neverland) and he replies yeah all the time, the way he giggles is pretty sweet.

That's the real Michael, he's at peace and very chilled without all the madness around him.

I always said that he came across really well in the first half of the show.

Back