MADONNA PAYS HOMAGE TO MJ - CELEBRATION TOUR 2023

The mash up thing has been known in the madonna forums for quite a while, it was one of the first actual spoilers of the new tour we got way before she had the health issues and had to pause all rehearsals. We thought it was a recreation of what she did on the virgin tour and the instrumentatiom she used in the vmas [when she kissed britney] that was the billie jean drum.

The interlude is expected to remain there for the whole extension of the tour as it serves to introduce the final segment of the show.

There are also shout outs to Prince
oh she did a tribute for P. too ?
and others along the show, but the MJ thing, being Madonna, is sure thing to have a clear intention to recognise him as a Mentor and a Fellow Pop Monarchy member.
Do madonna fans like mj fans by the way do we know?
It is touching and sincere. It really left me a little sad though.
Yes i felt she was being sincere

These were her guys though, she worked alongside these people, and most of us grew up with all three ! so i'm not surprised she's doing the kind tributes. She must miss both m and P.

OMG guys, it's common sense. Madonna does care about Michael, she wouldn't have wasted her time speaking out kindly of him nor would she have done this tribute if she didn't and if you know Madonna and how she's been throughout the years, she speaks and does what's on her mind. This was clearly a tribute and not an attention seeking moment. She's one of the only celebrities atm that speaks fond of him, you don't have to like her as a person but you can at least be thankful she said or did anything about Michael at all. As a Madonna fan, this is the crossover I needed (lmao).

I think Madonna remembers MJ fondly and perhaps this type of tribute is to someone who can she relate to during her prime years?

MJ and Madonna were the biggest male and female stars, she no doubt has a nostalgic feeling towards MJ.

I believe her son from Africa, David is it? Is a massive MJ fan.

That wasn't very nice of him either though. I'm sure he would change his mind if he would see that she is openly celebrating him - one of the few once after LN.
She wasn't so nice towards him, Michael called her a witch in the 2000s afterwards
I think Madonna has mellowed out a lot since they time they dated so she definitely wasn't (and isn't) the same person he knew in the early 90's. It's possible his attitude towards her changed after the MJ Tapes interview, and would have continued to change had he lived.

Curious if they would have reconnected had he lived... hmm...

I have been thinking about this so much and i just have this overwhelming appreciation and love for her right now
I hope she genuinely meant it. And i really belive she does.
This is the only gratitude i can give back through Britney S & her collaboration video here
I Love you Madonna 💕💝 MJJC Madonna Michael's supporters [she cares!]

After LN, she still shows love for him and does tributes.
i think that means something.
Even though there were personal differences, she looks up to him as an artist. She is professional enough, to get over the personal stuff.
I trust that she means it. I'm questioning people who actually doubt her sincerity.

I think someone else who looks like MJ.
It'll just be one of Madonna's backing dancers. Probably someone who is an MJ fan. Like the guy who did the MJ part when she did the tribute to Michael in 2009.

I remember the VMA speech she did when she was remembering Michael after he died. One of my fave parts of her speech:
"There's a whole lot of crotch-grabbing and Moonwalking going on in my house," she added, saying her two sons are huge MJ fans. "Long live the King!"

I think Madonna has mellowed out a lot since they time they dated so she definitely wasn't (and isn't) the same person he knew in the early 90's. It's possible his attitude towards her changed after the MJ Tapes interview, and would have continued to change had he lived.

Curious if they would have reconnected had he lived... hmm...
Possibly, Michael was going to call her in 2009 actually, the character in the Hollywood Tonight music video was a dancer that auditioned to be in This Is It but she couldn't get in because she had a contract already signed for Madonna's Sweet & Sticky Tour. Mike was going to call Madonna to see if she can take the dancer onto her tour but Kenny said it wasn't worth it.

Back