Making HIStory with MJ by Brad Buxer and Michael Prince (Germany, June 25 & 26)

Gertie

Proud Member
On The Line is pleased to present "Making HIStory With MJ" at Dierks Studios (Cologne, Germany) on Saturday, June 25th and Sunday, June 26th, 2022. This is a new series of events created by Brad Buxer and Michael Prince, two of Michael Jackson's closest collaborators in the roles of keyboardist/music director and sound engineer. These two musicians / technicians worked with MJ both in studio sessions and on stage. They will share with you their unforgettable memories with the King of Pop!

Saturday June 25th:
- "Sonic Fantasy" screening by Marcos Cabota + Questions/Answers with Brad and Marcos.
- Seminar by Brad and Michael.
Sunday June 26th:
- Interview with Steven Whitsitt as MJ photographer during the HIStory era.
- Seminar by Brad and Michael with Alex Breuer and Dieter Dierks.
- Signing session, taking pictures.

You can have your ticket with this link:

what are the odds they will play something unleaked?
I hope so, even if nothing gets leaked it would be nice to hear about songs from the Invincible-Post Invincible era for a change, it's never talked about in Brad Sundberg's seminars.

I hope so, even if nothing gets leaked it would be nice to hear about songs from the Invincible-Post Invincible era for a change, it's never talked about in Brad Sundberg's seminars.
Brad Sundberg wasn't involved with the invincible album, also the main purpose of his seminars isnt playing rare demos, it's about sharing his experience and stories of working with Michael, and the demos he plays is just something he does as apart of the seminar.

Brad Buxer & Michael Prince will do a seminar in Paris too this month.
Brad play keyboards and explains the creative process in the studio with some multitracks.

275598576_1617232961986425_6713109140770355387_n-1536x802.jpg

Message from the organizer :

Dear MJ fans / friends,

We recently opened our ticketing platform for our event "Making HIStory With MJ" at Dierks Studios (Cologne, Germany), on June 25th and 26th, 2022. We would like to make a special offer to your community / members. As for our weekend bundle, we would like to offer a 2 interest-free monthly installment payments (110 euros x 2, one installment in May and the other in June.). If you are interested, let us know at associationontheline@gmail.com and we can send you our bank information + more detailed instructions.

To have a look at the program or pay in full:
https://www.mjmusicday.com/ticketing-making-history-with.../

Keep Michaeling!
The “On The Line” Team

New interview with Michael Durham Prince about his work with Michael Jackson and the coming event in Cologne.

If you're referring to demos, they dont really do that, usually at these events they show multitracks.
In the meantime, have any of you asked via the contact form if more audio than just multitracks will be played? Paying 240 Euro for stories and multitracks is too much money for me personally, I would only pay that much money if I could hear unreleased work-in-progress versions of the history songs or even unreleased tracks.

New interview with Michael Durham Prince about his work with Michael Jackson and the coming event in Cologne.

This one actually sounds more like multitracks and stories to me:

I think the seminars are more audience-driven than anything – that’s why we like questions. We take a question, then we go into that direction. We want to talk about what they want to hear, what they’re curious about. But we don’t have a schedule like for these fifteen minutes, we’re going to talk about this or that. Still, we’ll have a list of songs because I have to make sure I have those with me. I think that the people love to hear isolated tracks, just Michael’s vocals, or just the background vocals. Then we can explain how all these things were added together and make a final song, but it’s not like when your president gives a speech for an hour. We also want the people involved. They really like hearing his voice, and how much of his whole body he put into his vocal performance.

This is the beginning of what will be years of sharing with Michael’s fans, what he was like, his creative process and a look inside his professional and private life. We will have guests that also worked with him and will be able to use music, photos and video/film in our presentations. Michael has the most amazing fans all around the world and they all want to know him better, and they will.

I am in touch with people who've been to these events, I know exactly what has been played. Like I said mainly just multitracks, they avoid and beat around the bush when it comes to unreleased songs/demos, they focus primarily on multitracks, mainly the songs Brad Buxer has worked on.
Thanks for info! Still wonder why playing work-in-progress demo versions is not the focus. That playing unreleased songs can be a problem because of legal issues, I can understand in view of a later release and the danger of a leak in LQ. But Sony and the Estate don't seem to be interested in releasing work-in-progress/early demos, so where is the problem in playing them at such seminars? And if it's really a legal problem and Sony and the Estate want to make money from it, then they can get together and set a fee. Really, the most exciting thing for me is to hear the creation of the song musically and not only the telling about it.

I'm from Germany would like to go but the ticket is too expensive I don't want to spend not everyone earns a lot

2 new options have been added for "Making HIStory with MJ" in Cologne:
- VIP 1 hour Session + Merchandising: 99 euros
Every VIP ticket holder will get exclusive access to a unique session in Studio 3 where they can join Michael Prince and Brad Buxer on a journey into the production of some MJ songs. Michael Jackson and Brad worked in this same place in 1996 for the Ghosts song.
For this, each VIP ticket holder must arrive at the venue beforehand. The exact start of the session will be announced in advance.
Furthermore, there will be a special VIP Fan Package with a shirt, a coffee mug, a bag, a poster and a postcard.
10 seats are available on saturday, 10 seats are available on sunday.
- Special fan package with a shirt, a coffee mug, a bag, a poster and a postcard: 39 euros
You need to own/buy a ticket for the event for these options.
You can upload for these options if you bought your ticket before.

285450905_1671486949894359_5836068765389849672_n.jpg

285540597_1671484213227966_3900117723569652345_n.jpg

285382924_1671484279894626_2281943095527773460_n.jpg

285122637_1671484519894602_7886535220148082027_n.jpg

Last edited:
Message from Steven Paul Whitsitt, Michael Jackson photographer during the HIStory era:

"I wanted to send out this personal message in advance because I want you to know what I will be bringing with me. When I worked with MJ, at the conclusion of a shoot, or during breaks when we were shooting the short films, Michael would look over the Photos I had shot and would select his favorites. I would order proof prints of these photos as selected. I recently found a box of these proofs in my Archives. In many cases the photos are very similar to each other with very subtle differences. Each 8”x10” (20.32cmx25.4cm) print was hand selected by Michael and professionally printed at the best photo labs in Los Angeles, making each of these prints a very valuable item for any MJ Collection. I will be making some of these available for purchase for the first time ever in Cologne."

Did anyone here go to the first seminar? I have a few questions:

1- What album or period of MJ's life did Michael Prince and Brad Buxer talk about?
2- Did they play videos during the seminar?
3- Did they also play any demo or unreleased song, if so, what demo/unreleased song?
4- Did they play multitracks?

Thank you in advance.

2 new options have been added for "Making HIStory with MJ" in Cologne: […] Michael Jackson and Brad worked in this same place in 1996 for the Ghosts song. […]
Was this for overdubs? Or perhaps just mixing? Because the song itself was recorded years earlier, wasn’t it?

If I’m not mistaken, the actual vocals were recorded in 1996. The song itself was in demo state by the end of the Dangerous sessions.
Oh, is that so? Wow! I would love to get this confirmed somehow.

^ were this vocals from the early 1990s?
I think it sounds like these were recorded close in time to the final ones. But it sure is challenging to pinpoint a year for Mike’s 1990’s vocals!

Back