Marlon Jackson: "Michael had been about to reunite with the Jacksons in 2009"

Fuzball

Proud Member
Marlon, the youngest living member of the original line-up, says he and his brothers were going to join him for the last 20 of those shows.

“No one knew that,” he explains. “We’d have reunited on stage. I do think that if Michael had lived, we would probably have done one more major tour with all the brothers and then that would have been it.

The Jackson's without Michael, y'know, I kinda get it, not like we have a choice. But The Jackson's without Michael or Jermaine?? What are you even paying for at that point?

This is what has always bothered me about these Jacksons... They come with stuff like this all the time and I personally think it is lies.

I could have seen them come out during This is it for a short surprise appearance but that's it. These shows were about Michael only.

Let's face it, nobody wants to see a Jacksons reunion, we just wanted Michael. His solo career eclipsed everything 10 times over.

It is not only Marlon Jackson who claims such a thing.

In 2021, Tito Jackson also claimed that Michael Jackson hoped to surprise fans with a Jackson 5 reunion meant to take place from the final 'This Is It' London residency shows onwards.

Tito Jackson also spoke about one more major 'This Is It' tour with all the Jackson brothers, after the 'This Is It' London residency shows.

In any case, their claims sound a bit strange considering that the AEG Live contract (that Michael Jackson signed) does not mention such a thing.

Sligtly off topic: I'm pretty sure Michael did mention working on three (?) tracks with his brothers in an radio interview from 2001, anyone ever heard more about that?

In 2021, Tito Jackson also claimed that Michael Jackson hoped to surprise fans with a Jackson 5 reunion meant to take place from the final 'This Is It' London residency shows onwards.

Tito Jackson also spoke about one more major 'This Is It' tour with all the Jackson brothers, after the 'This Is It' London residency shows.

In any case, their claims sound a bit strange considering that the AEG Live contract (that Michael Jackson signed) does not mention such a thing.
Plus he’s just done 50 shows and then going to do some more? No way.
They would be brought on to do the medley for a couple of shows and then they’d be done.

Reunion for one song one night.
The brothers should tour with Movie Michael

Janet also mentioned talks of reuniting

I don’t see why they should lie about it especially not 14 years after his death…
I believe there have always been talks which doesn’t mean it was ever close or a done deal but rumours about bands reuniting will never go away.

And if you ask me it could have been fantastic provided they would only do the old Motown and early Epic stuff, anything but turning it into a Michael solo show.

Anyway what are we even talking about, it’s all in the past, we have nothing to discuss or to look forward to anyway.

PS I watched one of their shows post 2009 and it is good, give it a go.

PS2 if it was just for the Motown medley I would have revolted lol, God I hate that medley. 😂

Wouldn't Michael run for the hills whenever there was the slightiest hint of a Jackson's reunion?

Sligtly off topic: I'm pretty sure Michael did mention working on three (?) tracks with his brothers in an radio interview from 2001, anyone ever heard more about that?
I remember him mentioning that as well but not sure which interview
In 2001 (November), Michael Jackson was asked by American journalist Edna Gundersen about reuniting again with his brothers.

The singer was very clear about that, and he stated that he would do a reunion album with them, but he would not tour again (solo or with his brothers).

"I would definitely do an album with them, but not a tour. They would love to tour. But I want to move on to other things. Physically, touring takes a lot out of you" (Michael Jackson, USA Today Interview)

Also, ABC NEWS reported (in 2001) that Michael Jackson indeed promised that he would appear on 2 or 3 songs of that reunion album, and also that he would not tour with them.

When MJ was asked by paparazzi if he would be reuniting with his brothers for This Is It a few months before he died in 2009, he said yes. He may have just been saying that to avoid more questions, but I don't think it was out of the question.

I'll be recording the full audio concert today, so if anyone wants a "REAL AMERTUR RECORDING OF THE JACKSONS!!!", just give me a shout hahah.

In 2001 (November), Michael Jackson was asked by American journalist Edna Gundersen about reuniting again with his brothers.

The singer was very clear about that, and he stated that he would do a reunion album with them, but he would not tour again (solo or with his brothers).

"I would definitely do an album with them, but not a tour. They would love to tour. But I want to move on to other things. Physically, touring takes a lot out of you" (Michael Jackson, USA Today Interview)

Also, ABC NEWS reported (in 2001) that Michael Jackson indeed promised that he would appear on 2 or 3 songs of that reunion album, and also that he would not tour with them.
When MJ was asked by paparazzi if he would be reuniting with his brothers for This Is It a few months before he died in 2009, he said yes. He may have just been saying that to avoid more questions, but I don't think it was out of the question.

Well Michael has mentioned he hates touring so it's understandable but he was for sure in talks of doing music with them since he even signed the contract to participate in the Humanity album with his brothers

Back