Maybe we are getting something soon??

I seriously think MP was working on the song Shut Up & Dance, you can see it in his recent files at the 0:40 timestamp.

40-45 songs that are releasable is what he is saying. And we still probably have many other songs as well.

I'm sticking to my guns since the start; there are still so many releasable MJ outtakes/demos. Add them with leaked unreleased songs as well and we got tons of albums to come

He said “40 registered songs,” which I’m assuming are the ones with the US Copyright Office, a fair amount of which consist of half-finished and/or instrumental demos. I’d love for him to elaborate a bit because, if it’s what I think it is, fans are gonna misinterpret what he means.

He said “40 registered songs,” which I’m assuming are the ones with the US Copyright Office, a fair amount of which consist of half-finished and/or instrumental demos. I’d love for him to elaborate a bit because, if it’s what I think it is, fans are gonna misinterpret what he means.

Yeah he didn't say they were all totally finished.

He didn't even say the word "releasable" lol.

He did say he's waiting for the right time for them to come out so it can be interpreted as "releasable".
It can be interpreted as anything if you just wanna say he means something even though he didn't say it I guess.

He didn't say releasable and nothing he said implies the songs are finished enough to be released on a studio album, which is what some seem to be taking from it.

Last edited:
By what he said I’m assuming these are songs that are in his possession and not the estate. Who knows. He needs to do another interview with the MJ cast.

By what he said I’m assuming these are songs that are in his possession and not the estate. Who knows. He needs to do another interview with the MJ cast.

He said before that he offered to go through all the stuff he had and give it to them and it didn't happen. Not sure if it's happened since then but the estate didn't seem interested.

It can be interpreted as anything if you just wanna say he means something even though he didn't say it I guess.

He didn't say releasable and nothing he said implies the songs are finished enough to be released on a studio album, which is what some seem to be taking from it.
Waiting for the right time to come out = releaseable

Now it could mean anything of course, it could mean that the songs aren't exactly finished but they have vocals, or they have vocals but not entirely and they want to do something like Don't Matter To Me or Hot Fun In The Summertime and call in other artists to fill the parts. But it does mean they are technically releaseable.

I wasn't debating the releasability of songs, everything is releasable, think we're delving into a debate about something I wasn't even having now. I was talking about people interpreting what he's saying as there being 40-45 songs finished enough to be included on a studio album.

Last edited:
I can totally see a release coming up in 2024 or 2025. We know that the Estate are starting to call up producers after all.

Xscape 10?
Thriller 43 coming soon

Seriously though, I'm about to sound like a conspiracist but hear me out. In 2018 it was reported that the Estate was reworking on songs for a new album release but all plans got canned after LN came out. https://pitchfork.com/news/michael-jackson-estate-reworking-songs-for-posthumous-release/

On the interview we see on MP's screen some projects that he had been working on, Shut Up and Dance is one of them.
- THE LEGACY PROMO
- Ian Thomas - ?
- Shorty - Ian Thomas
- Shut Up and Dance
- New Groove [date]
- ALBUM - MASTERED

Since the interview is from 2018 it's possible that he was working on the song for the Estate's new project. And also a fun fact, around this time an impersonator named Rodrigo Teaser was introduced to Michael Prince through Lavelle Smith Jr, Rodrigo showed some of his original songs to MP of which he encouraged him to release them. With this though he showed a snippet of the song to Rodrigo and these were the exact words he said on a podcast:

"Michael Prince has in his possession 4 of MJ's songs (I believe this was either a wrong assumption or he misheard MP, I don't believe an impersonator of his scope would lie about something like this, especially when he's on tour with people who worked with MJ nowadays.) and he allowed me to listen to the snippet of one, the song is called Shut Up And Dance.....But remember that name because one day the song will be released...."

Fast forward to nowadays and we know that the Estate is negotiating with producers like Steve Porcaro (he himself said on a seminar that he's negotiating with the Estate to release Chicago 1945) and with Teddy Riley, maybe Shut Up and Dance will also be on the album? Ok that Damien said that the version he heard had no MJ vocals but maybe there's a version with MJ's vocals in MP's possession.

Sorry if I sound crazy, this is what happens when you go almost 10 years without a new album lmao.

Thriller 43 coming soon

Seriously though, I'm about to sound like a conspiracist but hear me out. In 2018 it was reported that the Estate was reworking on songs for a new album release but all plans got canned after LN came out. https://pitchfork.com/news/michael-jackson-estate-reworking-songs-for-posthumous-release/

On the interview we see on MP's screen some projects that he had been working on, Shut Up and Dance is one of them.
- THE LEGACY PROMO
- Ian Thomas - ?
- Shorty - Ian Thomas
- Shut Up and Dance
- New Groove [date]
- ALBUM - MASTERED

Since the interview is from 2018 it's possible that he was working on the song for the Estate's new project. And also a fun fact, around this time an impersonator named Rodrigo Teaser was introduced to Michael Prince through Lavelle Smith Jr, Rodrigo showed some of his original songs to MP of which he encouraged him to release them. With this though he showed a snippet of the song to Rodrigo and these were the exact words he said on a podcast:

"Michael Prince has in his possession 4 of MJ's songs (I believe this was either a wrong assumption or he misheard MP, I don't believe an impersonator of his scope would lie about something like this, especially when he's on tour with people who worked with MJ nowadays.) and he allowed me to listen to the snippet of one, the song is called Shut Up And Dance.....But remember that name because one day the song will be released...."

Fast forward to nowadays and we know that the Estate is negotiating with producers like Steve Porcaro (he himself said on a seminar that he's negotiating with the Estate to release Chicago 1945) and with Teddy Riley, maybe Shut Up and Dance will also be on the album? Ok that Damien said that the version he heard had no MJ vocals but maybe there's a version with MJ's vocals in MP's possession.

Sorry if I sound crazy, this is what happens when you go almost 10 years without a new album lmao.

Was shut up and dance registered after MJ's death? If so I doubt the version Damien heard is an old version, if he heard it at the copyright office, I mean.

Was shut up and dance registered after MJ's death? If so I doubt the version Damien heard is an old version, if he heard it at the copyright office, I mean.
What if the version he ended up registering was the version made around Invincible and the version with MJ's vocals was made throughout the 2000's? Ok that the copyright registry for it says that the year of creation is from 2009 but a lot of the songs registered at that time had the wrong year attributed to them. Maybe I'm reaching too far but MP has said in 2 interviews that him and MJ finished 3 songs at the Bel Air Hotel in 2008; I Was The Loser, Best Of Joy and some other that he never says for some reason, maybe SU&D could be the third song?

What if the version he ended up registering was the version made around Invincible and the version with MJ's vocals was made throughout the 2000's? Ok that the copyright registry for it says that the year of creation is from 2009 but a lot of the songs registered at that time had the wrong year attributed to them. Maybe I'm reaching too far but MP has said in 2 interviews that him and MJ finished 3 songs at the Bel Air Hotel in 2008; I Was The Loser, Best Of Joy and some other that he never says for some reason, maybe SU&D could be the third song?

It's entirely possible, although I would find it odd if he went out of his way to register an older version of the song.

Back