Maybe we are getting something soon??

Bust is the correct route lol. Are people actually wanting this biopic made? Are we really thinking they will do it correctly?
I think, given the estate’s other biopic-esque projects (TII, the Broadway show, the two Cirque shows), it will be as good as it could be. Even so, I can’t express how little I care about it.

And then you actually see CGI Michael move and spoilers, he moves like an alien worm. I stand by what I said.
Sure, it can't be perfect (although you can kind of hide the weird expressions with lighting) but I'd much rather have CGI Michael which the only downside would be slightly weird movements than get an actor; cover them with make-up and make them look like anything but MJ and be a target of ridiculousness.

That
I'm sorry but CGI Carrie Fisher still gives me nightmares. "Pretty good" my butt. 🤢 I'd rather have no movie at all than see that crap ever again. I hate it, and so did the majority of the public.
...That wasn't Even CGI though. It was literally just outtakes from the first sequel. I'm sorry but this was the least likely response I thought you'd give, I thought you were gonna say the IrishMan, or maybe CGI Leia in Rogue One. Or maybe that's the one you're talking about, actually, I forget about that one. That one was a little different.

I didn't say anything about people not being able to talk about so not sure where that's come from. I'm very well aware it's happening thanks, was just expressing my opinion that it's probably gonna be awful.
I'm not looking forward to it, but I'd rather play ball and come up with some ideas I think are good than just say I don't want it. Which I don't but, I'd rather have it than bankruptcy, so, whatevs.

And then you actually see CGI Michael move and spoilers, he moves like an alien worm. I stand by what I said.
As compared to what, again, a black guy with white face paint doing Michael Jackson The Experience routines? No disrespect but they can do a lot more with the limitless potential of technology than just one guy. Maybe not.

And if they canceled the movie tomorrow I wouldn't care. But after the Elvis film, they're definitely going to up it on the queue. The only real reason not to do it is we don't need another MJ pedo narrative, but that's definitely not going to happen.

If any biopic really needs to be canceled, it's the fred Astaire one. He literally never wanted it.

And why isn't there just a biopic thread? Shut Up and Dance.

...That wasn't Even CGI though. It was literally just outtakes from the first sequel. I'm sorry but this was the least likely response I thought you'd give, I thought you were gonna say the IrishMan, or maybe CGI Leia in Rogue One. Or maybe that's the one you're talking about, actually, I forget about that one. That one was a little different.
They used CGI in The Rise of Skywalker too, for the record. They pasted Carrie Fisher's face on a body double. It looks hideous.

Anyway, I don't really care about the biopic but all this deepfake/CGI talk makes me legitimately uncomfortable and now I just hope it gets cancelled.

I detest the trend of using CGI/deepfakes to resurrect dead celebrities. I think it’s fine if you’re trying to de-age somebody, but doing it to someone who isn’t here to sign off on it is about as disrespectful as you can possibly get.

I detest the trend of using CGI/deepfakes to resurrect dead celebrities. I think it’s fine if you’re trying to de-age somebody, but doing it to someone who isn’t here to sign off on it is about as disrespectful as you can possibly get.
Carrie Fisher or anyone where the movie would not be possible with their abscence is my only exception. Maybe it would be possible without it, but it certainly would suffer.

In my opinion a CGI Michael for the Biopic wouldn't be that bad. But the thing is that something like that will require a crazy amount of Budget for a full -length Movie of Photorealism. Creating a Biopic in full animation (Pixar style) wouldn't be a bad idea. Actually it would be unique. A Child Looking Movie with such a dark story in it.

For the thread-title: The Thriller-documentary is coming soon. Hopefully they are able to find good distribution-platforms.

For the biopic there probably won't be enough time to make the biopic for Michael's 65th birthday, so I think it will come in 2024 in time of the 15th anniversary of Michael's death. And I think it's a right time for the general audience to get hooked on Michael again and the biopic can generate that hype. It was incredible sad how the media ignored the 10th anniversary of Michael's death, when you consider what impact had his death in the world ten years before. For me it is an important milestone to generate new fans and I think the Estate gets people on board to make the biopic good and professionell.
Of course we fans will fret over every little thing that isn't accurately rendered, sure there are professional critics who will write the biopic (Michael) down, but what I think will count as a result what impact the biopic will have to the general public and how they will bring them in touch with Michael Jackson, his music, his life, his destiny.

Carrie Fisher or anyone where the movie would not be possible with their abscence is my only exception. Maybe it would be possible without it, but it certainly would suffer.
I can’t think of a single Carrie Fisher film where her absence couldn’t be portrayed as an off-screen death (The Rise of Skywalker) or omitted entirely (Rogue One). I think there’s a conversation to be had in situations where an actor or actress dies partway through filming, but I emphatically think doing it for the sake of doing it is just uncomfortable. I don’t want to see a dead-eyed, uncanny valley, CGI Michael Jackson biopic.

Biopic is a bad idea imo. The Whitney Houston one that is coming out next week looks awful.

I can’t think of a single Carrie Fisher film where her absence couldn’t be portrayed as an off-screen death (The Rise of Skywalker) or omitted entirely (Rogue One). I think there’s a conversation to be had in situations where an actor or actress dies partway through filming, but I emphatically think doing it for the sake of doing it is just uncomfortable. I don’t want to see a dead-eyed, uncanny valley, CGI Michael Jackson biopic.
I can't argue with this point. But just, I find it interesting that the Carrie Fisher rogue One cameo, that came out before she died, is more offensive than the Peter Cushing as Tarkin recreation, who's been dead for longer than most young peoples lives.

(It turns out now to be uncanny since she's passed, just like her survival in 8. But I see no reason not to allow things to just go on. )

(But that is to say, it really always ties into the emotional stakes, it's that simple. MJ CGI, I mean. Yeah, maybe uncanny.)

Not to derail but I always hated that scene in The Last Jedi when Carrie's ship blows up and they chose to do the Mary Poppins in space thing instead of letting that be her final scene. One of the reasons why I dont consider the sequels canon imo lol.

As for the biopic....
It's going to be made. I'm just curious who will do it? Who is going to play MJ? Finding someone who looks like MJ will be much harder than it was for the elvis one. Let alone acts/sounds like him. They are probably gonna have to do the same route as that TV biopic. Black actor with white make up for the later years...

As for deepfakes/CGI I understand why some might want it but I dont think we need it tbh. Plus I really dont think the estate is going to spend that kind of $$ on it.
If you watched the Luke deepfake in The Book Of Boba Fett the audio & video was done. Luke in the the mandalorian was only CGI though. (Disney actually hired a youtuber after he used deepfakes to improve the mando Luke).

Anyway, I dont know how this will turn out but I hope it isnt a train wreck lol.

i think the whitney biopic is going to flop, its EXTREMELY generic imo. the elvis film did well BECAUSE of its over the top directing.

Anthony McCarten is the writer from the Whitney-biopic. He was before writer from the biopics Freddie Mercury, Papst Benedikt, Winston Churchill and Stephen Hawking. All 4 main-actors of this biopics were nominated for a Oscar, 3 of them recieve the Oscar.

Anthony McCarten is the writer from the Whitney-biopic. He was before writer from the biopics Freddie Mercury, Papst Benedikt, Winston Churchill and Stephen Hawking. All 4 main-actors of this biopics were nominated for a Oscar, 3 of them recieve the Oscar.

The queen biopic was pretty crap, like, notably so.

The movie make up department is legendary from Boris Karloff turning into Frankenstein’s monster or Martin Lawrence turning into big momma. There are no limits whatsoever, it will get done and it will look genuine.

The queen biopic was pretty crap, like,
The biopic catapulted them back into the world's consciousness and gave them a new generation worth of fans, when Michael's INCREDIBLE story is told to new generations he will light up the charts, his music and videos are timeless so this is the perfect opportunity. The biopic isn't for us, we know Michael, we know his music and we know his story

Back