Maybe we are getting something soon??

The biopic catapulted them back into the world's consciousness and gave them a new generation worth of fans, when Michael's INCREDIBLE story is told to new generations he will light up the charts, his music and videos are timeless so this is the perfect opportunity. The biopic isn't for us, we know Michael, we know his music and we know his story

I'm well aware that the biopic is for a general audience and am aware what it did for Queen. Something can be for a general audience and also be absolute crap, I was talking about the quality of the film in my post, it was bad.

Just because a film isn't for hardcore fans doesn't mean it has to be terrible, I'm unsure what the point being made here is.

I'm well aware that the biopic is for a general audience and am aware what it did for Queen. Something can be for a general audience and also be absolute crap, I was talking about the quality of the film in my post, it was bad.

Just because a film isn't for hardcore fans doesn't mean it has to be terrible, I'm unsure what the point being made here is.
If a bad film can do all that, imagine what an actually good film could do. But more important, remember the good music? A two hour flick can come and go. There's always "Moonwalker".

'Twas the best one out of the sequels in my opinion
Imo it's the worst. The only one that I mind the least is The force awakens tbh.
I can't escape the Last Jedi hatred, even here.
Sorry haha. Everyone enjoys SW films for different reasons I guess. I honestly watched it twice on release trying to enjoy it. My main gripe is what they did with Luke. I'm not going to blame anyone for enjoying it though. I just prefer the original 6 films.
Might have to make a thread just for SW soon lol

Queen biopic wasn't bad imo but elvis one is the best so far.

Imo it's the worst. The only one that I mind the least is The force awakens tbh.

Sorry haha. Everyone enjoys SW films for different reasons I guess. I honestly watched it twice on release trying to enjoy it. My main gripe is what they did with Luke. I'm not going to blame anyone for enjoying it though. I just prefer the original 6 films.
Might have to make a thread just for SW soon lol

Queen biopic wasn't bad imo but elvis one is the best so far.
Elvis one certainly seems like a winning reason for the format to continue.

There was also the James Brown one with Chadwick Boseman (R.I.P) a while back.

I hope the MJ biopic will contain fantastical or magical elements maybe in the form of dreams.

About Star Wars my favorite films are the 2nd and 3rd of the prequels, can’t remember the names right now. I knownthey are hated beyond belief but I don’t care 😜
Before you label me a lunatic I also greatly enjoyed the original trilogy, especially the 3rd one

The biopic catapulted them back into the world's consciousness and gave them a new generation worth of fans, when Michael's INCREDIBLE story is told to new generations he will light up the charts, his music and videos are timeless so this is the perfect opportunity. The biopic isn't for us, we know Michael, we know his music and we know his story
I don’t know if it will light up the charts but it will do good for him, blockbuster movies are the best way to gain a new audience. My one hope is that it will feature lesser known MJ tracks as well I would love it if a song like who is it gains reputation.

The queen biopic was pretty crap, like, notably so.
I really wouldn't say it was creepy, but certainly not as mind-blowing as the film's success would suggest. Nonetheless, the film's success and impact on interest in Queen's music cannot be overlooked and is mind-blowing. It was the best thng what could happen to Queen.

The point here is that Michael has an incredible story, Queen do not, the point is that Michael was slandered for 30 years and a global biopic showing what a generous, humble, innocent and insanely talented man is what's needed, his mother has signed off on it, why are you sure it will be bad?

People are sick of biopics already. Every man and his dog have one.

No doubt it will garner absolute BS on the red carpet, and really, who is going to play MJ? Miles Frost does a good job in the musical but it's not remotely believable, it just looks like a tribute show again (even the wardrobe is straight from eBay). It's a good show, though.

MJ was too unique, too special for his story to be told in a film and to be told well.

A well made Netflix documentary using real footage of the man himself would do so much more, essentially what Taj is preparing. Dig into those archives if you dare!

I expect it to be the subject of many memes and whatnot. At least they have some very good people involved, who actually took the time to study the truth, and not be fairweather PR clowns like the idiots involved with the MJ Musical.

For God's sake, we can have a biopic and a documentary or two. They are not mutually exclusive and it is not 1 or the other.

They've already done docu's anyway, This Is It? Still the biggest ever, the entire world at that time saw it. Today's kids,casuals, etc, the kids born since then, they have to be reached in different ways.

Also, biopics win Oscars. MJ deserved to pursue a filmmaking/acting dream, and win an Oscar, and this film would definitely win an Oscar. Documentaries take significantly more effort to win Oscars.

Maybe I just like to argue, cuz I really be coming to bat hard for stuff ion even be caring about like that.

Wasn't it L.A Reid who had the idea to also include the original versions? I feel like if he's not involved on the next album the Estate won't be releasing the og versions seeing how little they care for MJ's original demos.

Wasn't it L.A Reid who had the idea to also include the original versions? I feel like if he's not involved on the next album the Estate won't be releasing the og versions seeing how little they care for MJ's original demos.
Doubt it, L.A Reid was just a guy who was there for marketing.

Couldn't do that because the MJ Anka songs officially were made in 1983.
They were all made in 1980 so they could've been put on the album. I'd much rather have the demo of Don't Matter To Me even if it's unfinished than whatever crap from TUC they decided to include.

They were all made in 1980 so they could've been put on the album. I'd much rather have the demo of Don't Matter To Me even if it's unfinished than whatever crap from TUC they decided to include.
I know they made them in 1980, but the Estate would have to backpedal on saying the other two songs from Paul Anka days weren't Post Thriller and were actually Post Triumph, or Triumph era anyway. They should've just put the demo of The Girl is Mine.

And Sunset Driver or any other song is not "crap", it's just not new.

I know they made them in 1980, but the Estate would have to backpedal on saying the other two songs from Paul Anka days weren't Post Thriller and were actually Post Triumph, or Triumph era anyway. They should've just put the demo of The Girl is Mine.
When did they say that? And also they've done something similar to Sunset Driver and The Toy, so why not do the same for the Paul Anka songs?

When did they say that? And also they've done something similar to Sunset Driver and The Toy, so why not do the same for the Paul Anka songs?
“Sunset Driver” and “The Toy” were, at the very least, recorded during the Thriller sessions, whether or not they were actively intended for those albums. Shoehorning the Anka songs onto the second disc would be stretching things.

“Sunset Driver” and “The Toy” were, at the very least, recorded during the Thriller sessions, whether or not they were actively intended for those albums. Shoehorning the Anka songs onto the second disc would be stretching things.
But the Paul Anka songs were recorded in 1980, it says so on their copyright registry so why wouldn't it fit? Even if they weren't intended for the Thriller album they're still Thriller era songs. They're as valid for inclusion as The Toy is lol.

But the Paul Anka songs were recorded in 1980, it says so on their copyright registry so why wouldn't it fit? Even if they weren't intended for the Thriller album they're still Thriller era songs. They're as valid for inclusion as The Toy is lol.
The earliest sessions for Thriller weren’t until late 1981; the Anka songs are more appropriately labeled Triumph era.

Back