Meaning of the "1998" that MJ wrote on Eaten Alive cover

mj_frenzy

Proud Member
Country
Greece
What is the meaning of "1998" that MJ wrote on the back of Eaten Alive cover (1985)?

I heard that MJ wanted to live since the age of 40. That's why he wanted to do since that age his best tour ever(as he did with HIStory World Tour).

To my mind, this is far-fetched, but can we exclude it?

I heard that a fortune teller told Michael those numbers were significant for him. Take that with a pinch of salt.

He wrote it with his signature a lot. You can even see it in the pages of Moonwalk.

I always thought that year marked a change in Michael.

The rumour I heard was (which is probably just that - a rumour) that he wanted to get married and have a family by this date.

But could be just like the CTE letters on his shoulder - just being for mystery and to make people guess without it meaning anything in particular.

dangerous-code.jpg

mj-fedora21.jpg

mj_auction2_mickey.jpg

He expressed several variations to "1998". I think it has something to do with coming full circle with his goal of life.

Also the three circles (with the arrow) as seen sometimes with 1998, has a meaning of "Love". But in the top picture, part of those look like sixes, but that could be just his handwriting and being in a hurry to not making clear circles. Others want to interpret those as three sixes.

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/three+circles

Michael was full of mystery. It's interesting to try to figure it out. ;)

Does anyone want to make a try at cracking the code on the top picture (the signature on the Dangerous cover?

Last edited:
What I'd heard was he wrote that because people had predicted he was going to die in 1998. Since that never happened,he stopped writing it after 1998. But that's my observation.

I always thought it was a Jehovah Witness thing, that the world was predicted to end that year. Judging by this thread I guess there are lot of rumors about it, so I have no idea lol.

On Jan 28th, 2012, Michael Bush "revealed" to MJJMagazine the meanings of mysterious codes and symbols of Michael.

1998: [..] Michael wanted the observer to remember him in some way, so he always thought «Well, you may not remember my picture or signature but you will remember ‘1998’». He was very psychological. It stimulated interest and increased the mystery.. [..]

CTE: [..] When Michael saw the first shirts we made, there was nothing on, so he pointed his finger to his shoulder as to say “Bush, details are missing here! Give me some letters…”. So Dennis and I put all the letters of the alphabet in a hat, picked three of them randomly and came up with the sequence CTE. The whole world thought it meant something…like a secret code. Actually, Michael later gave it a meaning because he often called people using their job qualifications, not their names. For instance, to Michael I was ‘wardrobe’, Karen Faye was ‘make-up’…so we started to call him ‘the entertainer’. That’s when he decided that CTE meant “C (see) The Entertainer”

www.facebook.com/mjjmagazine

Back