Mexico Deposition vs Dangerous Deposition

Glanni

Proud Member
Country
Germany
Hello,

Can ysomeone please explain the difference between Mexico and Dangerous Deposition? Until today I thought they are both the same but now i noticed it is completely different.

. is there any video from dangerous deposition or only the audio file?
. why did michael have to talk on court about his songs from the album dangerous= both was becuase of copyright fight?
. did michael ever talk on court about other albums/songs?

The Mexico deposition was in 1993, he was a defendant in the case, he was accused by Raynard Jones (a neighbour in Gary, Indiana) of copying the songs, We Are The World, The Girl Is Mine and Thriller. This was a pre trial deposition, once it was submitted the case was closed as it was clear Michael hadn't plagiarised nobody.

The Dangerous deposition was in 1994, this was a court deposition, he was summoned to testify in his own defence, he was accused by a woman of copying her song Dangerous. Michael won the case again as it was clear he plagiarised nobody, and the character of the accused was brought into question, what she wore was apparently not suitable for court.

There is no video from the 1994 case, just the audio we have.
He did many depositions, one of the most in depth was a previous deposition in 1989 for the same 1993 case. There is supposedly a tape of this that is at least 2 hours long, an audio file is in the hands of some traders I'm told, but I'm not positive on that to be honest.

I'm really glad we have both, because it's a fascinating insight to see how Mike created. It's a crying shame interviewers focused on his personal life and not his music. Given the fact he was the most successful artist in the world :scratch: If I got the chance to talk to him I wouldn't ask one question about his personal life.

SmoothCriminal1995;4173411 said:
The Dangerous deposition was in 1994, this was a court deposition, he was summoned to testify in his own defence, he was accused by a woman of copying her song Dangerous. Michael won the case again as it was clear he plagiarised nobody, and the character of the accused was brought into question, what she wore was apparently not suitable for court.

That woman was Crystal Cartier who accused MJ of plagiarizing her song called also ‘Dangerous’ that she wrote in 1985.

In the end, Cartier found it impossible to substantiate her claims in the court & eventually lost the case.

It strikes me that many people through the years (like Crystal Cartier) wanted to link themselves with very successful artists & gain in that way some kind of recognition.

Cartier’s ‘Dangerous’ song bears no resemblance at all to MJ’s 'Dangerous’ song.

Here is her ‘Dangerous’ song accompanied by her ‘state-of-the art’ music clip:

[video=youtube;r3lolbFqCN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3lolbFqCN4[/video]

thank you both for your good answers! really interesting topic! i hope we will hear more of the existing depositions soon :) i love his speaking voice so much.

music

If I got the chance to talk to him I wouldn't ask one question about his personal life.
I don't know what you expect, since he mainly did interviews with people like Barbara Walters & Oprah Winfrey or magazines like People & Ebony. They're not music interviewers, they do celebrity interviews. Even music TV shows like Behind The Music and Unsung are mostly about gossip like one member of a band fighting with another member or how many drugs they did. They're little about the actual music. If Mike wanted to do interviews about music, there's magazines for that like American Songwriter, Musician, Guitar Magazine, Keyboardist, Downbeat, etc. They focus on music or the brand of instruments a performer uses. They're not like Tiger Beat, who might ask what person's favorite color is.

Back