"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

Not sure. Figured I'd post it and someone would tell me if it isn't
I thought it was a fan made thing. šŸ¤”

It's been online for a while and I figured if it was official we'd have seen it popping up everywhere. It's got 'GK' in the corner. Does that make it legit? I have no idea. It looks good, though. Nice job, whoever did it.

[...] forgetting Glen Ballard.
Cannot understand why this keeps happening. Really annoying! ā˜¹ļø

I thought it was a fan made thing. šŸ¤”

It's been online for a while and I figured if it was official we'd have seen it popping up everywhere. It's got 'GK' in the corner. Does that make it legit? I have no idea. It looks good, though. Nice job, whoever did it.

Cannot understand why this keeps happening. Really annoying! ā˜¹ļø
Some people have made it a moral obligation to get upset and offended on behalf of Siedah Garrett who quite clearly feels sheā€˜s owed a much more significant portion of the film because of her part in MITM.

They have cast an actor as her whoā€™ll probably have 20 seconds of screen time. Siedah has made out that there was no place for her character in the film which points to her wanting dialogue, presumably pertaining to her involvement in MITM.

But the film isnā€™t based on Michael standing at the front of a queue and shaking hands with every person heā€™s worked with during his life. There are literally tons of people every bit as significant (and more significant) as Siedah but within the bigger picture thereā€™s instances of Michaelā€™s life that are vastly more important.

I did empathise with her but its beginning to leave a sour taste in my mouth now. Sheā€˜s come across as entitled here. Just saying. And sheā€™s slightly misled people also.

Has Siedah even acknowledged Glen Ballard once during this debacle?

says the top circus clown who freaks out seeing Jafaar cringy pics whenever they appear
Have I once ā€œfreaked outā€? My approach here is trying to be pragmatic and learn as much new info as possible about this biopic. Iā€™ve been on this journey with Michael for over 40 years so excuse me if Iā€™m excited for it.

Ultimately what I want for Michael is redemption for whatā€™s been done to him. Itā€™s more important than the Bad Tour or Super Deluxe set or whatever it is you want. Can you please just try to understand that this film is bigger than your personal needs right now?.

no, YOU are insane. Siedah WROTE Man in the Mirror and everything indicates that's going to be the main movie theme. Seems you forget about that. Oh but acting like Jafaar is MJ himself is definitely not insane. Nope not at all.
Lol you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today huh.

Don't be a clown - MITM being the biggest song doesn't mean we need to dedicate a whole section of the film to how it was written. WTF Siedah even gonna say? She was more involved with MJ on IJCSLY anyway. MITM was presented to him after it was written etc. You want scenes of Siedah and Glen working on it? Boring.

They got 3hrs max to fill MJ story - and co-writers might want a big pat on the back and involvement but it does nothing for no one, including the viewer or the story.

Hopefully Siedah gives you some royalties off this 'new book' she's gonna write or something to make this noise you're making worthwhile.

Some people have made it a moral obligation to get upset and offended on behalf of Siedah Garrett who quite clearly feels sheā€˜s owed a much more significant portion of the film because of her part in MITM.

They have cast an actor as her whoā€™ll probably have 20 seconds of screen time. Siedah has made out that there was no place for her character in the film which points to her wanting dialogue, presumably pertaining to her involvement in MITM.
Tbh, I didn't bother to follow the online convo about this. I saw her original tweet which, tbf, merely stated that she had received a phone call to say she would not be featured in the film. Then a few people went ballistic and the whole thing took off. I don't even particularly care about that part of it. If people want to waste energy getting upset about this, fine. Knock yourself out. It's the constant leaving Glen Ballard out of the picture that grates. I don't expect either Glen or Siedah to be in the film - not even if MITM is a thread running through it. But I can't understand why people insist that she wrote the song when she did no such thing. She co-wrote it and she can be really proud of that but she didn't do it alone.

But the film isnā€™t based on Michael standing at the front of a queue and shaking hands with every person heā€™s worked with during his life. There are literally tons of people every bit as significant (and more significant) as Siedah but within the bigger picture thereā€™s instances of Michaelā€™s life that are vastly more important.
This x 1000.

I did empathise with her but its beginning to leave a sour taste in my mouth now. Sheā€˜s come across as entitled here. Just saying. And sheā€™s slightly misled people also.
I have my own thoughts on this but I think I'll leave them to one side, lol.

If she's in the film, good for her. If she isn't, it really doesn't matter. Not in the grand scheme of things, not in the context of Michael's huge, dramatic, complicated life. If the film showed Siedah as the sole songwriter for MITM I would be p!ssed off but would also understand bc biopics do stuff like that. But out here in RL there is no reason to leave Glen Ballard out of the conversation. He did a huge amount of work with Michael and Quincy.

Lol you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today huh.

Don't be a clown - MITM being the biggest song doesn't mean we need to dedicate a whole section of the film to how it was written. WTF Siedah even gonna say? She was more involved with MJ on IJCSLY anyway. MITM was presented to him after it was written etc. You want scenes of Siedah and Glen working on it? Boring.

They got 3hrs max to fill MJ story - and co-writers might want a big pat on the back and involvement but it does nothing for no one, including the viewer or the story.

Hopefully Siedah gives you some royalties off this 'new book' she's gonna write or something to make this noise you're making worthwhile.
Thank you.

I agree that she be in the movie if they find a suiting way to include a very short moment with her, either in the studio or on stage or both for all I care. Chances are high that even if she's in, it will be for a very short moment as there are so many more poignant moments and people to include. If it were a movie about Michael's music alone, the situation would be different, but this will be about his whole life. Even for commercial purpose it doesn't matter if she's in or not as it will mostly be Michael's fans who know will/would recognize her. There are several musicians who would make more sense if included in the movie (McCartney, Brown, Wonder to name a few).

Tbh, I didn't bother to follow the online convo about this. I saw her original tweet which, tbf, merely stated that she had received a phone call to say she would not be featured in the film. Then a few people went ballistic and the whole thing took off. I don't even particularly care about that part of it. If people want to waste energy getting upset about this, fine. Knock yourself out. It's the constant leaving Glen Ballard out of the picture that grates. I don't expect either Glen or Siedah to be in the film - not even if MITM is a thread running through it. But I can't understand why people insist that she wrote the song when she did no such thing. She co-wrote it and she can be really proud of that but she didn't do it alone.

This x 1000.

I have my own thoughts on this but I think I'll leave them to one side, lol.

If she's in the film, good for her. If she isn't, it really doesn't matter. Not in the grand scheme of things, not in the context of Michael's huge, dramatic, complicated life. If the film showed Siedah as the sole songwriter for MITM I would be p!ssed off but would also understand bc biopics do stuff like that. But out here in RL there is no reason to leave Glen Ballard out of the conversation. He did a huge amount of work with Michael and Quincy.
Absolutely agree with you. I suppose what rubbed me up the wrong way today was seeing her pose with the actor whoā€™s playing her. I was just a bit miffed, possibly for reasons that are irrelevant.

You make some great points.

I agree that she be in the movie if they find a suiting way to include a very short moment with her, either in the studio or on stage or both for all I care. Chances are high that even if she's in, it will be for a very short moment as there are so many more poignant moments and people to include. If it were a movie about Michael's music alone, the situation would be different, but this will be about his whole life. Even for commercial purpose it doesn't matter if she's in or not as it will mostly be Michael's fans who know will/would recognize her. There are several musicians who would make more sense if included in the movie (McCartney, Brown, Wonder to name a few).
Excellent points here.

GLyj8ZcXsAAwdpw
GLyj8g9XgAAdD9-

no, YOU are insane. Siedah WROTE Man in the Mirror and everything indicates that's going to be the main movie theme. Seems you forget about that. Oh but acting like Jafaar is MJ himself is definitely not insane. Nope not at all.
It's funny cause this confirms you are paying attention to the news like the rest of us lol, you just think you're better than us.

You're giving off Big Dork Energy per usual

Off-topic but I'm now wondering when the film starring Paris will be released. Presumably they'll want to avoid getting swallowed up by the biopic. šŸ¤”

Yeah, I kinda hope they don't just brush past it. It'll come across badly if it's just a tiny simplified moment in the film, imo. Obviously I don't expect the entire film to be about it, it's not gonna be, but it needs to be handled in a good way.

Last edited:
Pretty sure you just made this rumour up re: them not being in the movie, again, they wonā€™t be using Janetā€™s music or Randyā€™s music, so they donā€™t need permission to have them as characters in the movie. Janet and Randyā€™s views on things will have no part to play in whether they are or arenā€™t in the movie. Itā€™d be downright silly not to include Janet.
I made it up????????? Why in tf would I make something up like that. I clearly stated that it was a rumor that I read.. im not the type of person to magically make up sht. No...don't go there! But if things play out like I said you'll see. How is the entire family except those 3 been casted....šŸ¤¦šŸæā€ā™‚ļø

Said it before, will say it again: I am unbelievably impressed that theyā€™re even going within spitting distance of the accusations, much less casting f**king Johnnie Cochran. It wouldā€™ve been so easy to end the film with, say, a ā€œMan in the Mirrorā€ performance during the Bad tour and pretending like his life was sunshine and rainbows.

Iā€™m hoping they stick the landing, but no matter what, credit where credit is due.

Ultimately, these songs are Michaelā€™s songs. Written for Michael and performed by Michael. Michael is the one who poured every being of his soul into these songs both in the studio and on the stage. And this is Michaelā€™s movie.
BINGO!! Wait a minute... ain't people like you freaking out over Jaafar? He's not Michael, is he?

Back