Michael Forever - The Tribute Concert

TalentedKamarty

Proud Member
Michael_Jackson_Tribute_Concert_Logo.jpg

Somebody asked why hasn't the Estate done a tribute concert for Michael and it triggered a memory of this concert from 2011 that I totally forgot about lol. I mainly remember being pretty mad that it wasn't being livestreamed. The show was all the way out in Cardiff, Whales, United Kingdom. What makes matters worse for me is this was October 8th. 3 days after my birthday. I thought I would have a great MJ tribute concert to tune into 3 days after my Birthday... but nope lol. What did I and everyone else who didn't get to go get? Bad cell phone footage. And this is 2011 so cellphone footage was VERY trash lol. I made the best out of it though. I watched it like it was HD.

The acts who performed were the Jackson Brothers, Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé, Alexandra Burke, Yolanda Adams, 3T, Alien Ant Farm, Cee Lo Green, Pixie Lott, Diversity, Craig David, JLS, Ne-Yo, Jamie Foxx, Gladys Knight, La Toya Jackson, Leona Lewis, and Smokey Robinson. Chris Brown couldn't make it because he failed to enter the country for the event because his working visa was denied.

From the footage I've seen, it looked like enjoyable. It really should've been livestreamed. Especially if they had no plans of airing it anywhere after the recording of the show. I wonder if the Estate has this footage. If you wanna see it, here's a Playlist of some of the show.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB18C843FEB4C3D29

From what I remember, the estate had nothing to do with this concert, didn't authorise use of the song rights and as a result, this footage will never be released 😳

It was some of the desperate family-attempts in the first years to make deals with Michael`s name.

Back