Michael Jackson 2019 album

I’m not buying that they’re releasing singles instead of an album. In my life I never seen any of Michael’s singles in Canada. Not one!

Oh, well I dont hate history but around here you're not let to have that opinion sorry Haha! I've tried..

What I really came into this thread to say: honestly it's really nice to come to the forum and have material to look forward to and tall about instead of skimming trying to find something that is interesting enough to comment on or just comment for the sake of commenting.. its exciting

Oh, well I dont hate history but around here you're not let to have that opinion sorry Haha! I've tried..

What I really came into this thread to say: honestly it's really nice to come to the forum and have material to look forward to and tall about instead of skimming trying to find something that is interesting enough to comment on or just comment for the sake of commenting.. its exciting

I don't hate History tour either. Some of his dance performances from that tour are brilliant such as the TDCAU & Dangerous performances. But there is no doubt that releasing History tour would be bad move, that could have a negative impact on MJ's legacy. MJ will be torn apart for excessive lip-syncing. I read so many comments on twitter, where people say that MJ always lip-synced, even though that wasn't the case. But releasing History tour would only give those people more ammunition to attack MJ and his lip-syncing.

Everyone considers MJ a great dancer, but outside of the fanbase, many people don't think that highly of him as a singer, because they think he always lip-synced. That's why the Estate need to release Destiny & Triumph tours, because those two tours highlight Michael's incredible vocal ability better than any other tour imo. I think it's time to focus more on MJ the vocalist, and less on MJ the dancer. We need to give more shine to MJ's vocal abilities.

I think Branca is doing what he always does: spewing bullshit to "satisfy fans" when he really doesn't care to do anything anymore except line his pockets with more money. I don't expect any good things to come out of the Estate in the future unless Branca is booted and Michael's catalog is moved away from Sony. I still don't know why his kids (Prince & Paris) didn't become the executors when they turned 21. Wasn't that supposed to have already happened by now since they're both 21?

I think Branca is doing what he always does: spewing bullshit to "satisfy fans" when he really doesn't care to do anything anymore except line his pockets with more money. I don't expect any good things to come out of the Estate in the future unless Branca is booted and Michael's catalog is moved away from Sony. I still don't know why his kids (Prince & Paris) didn't become the executors when they turned 21. Wasn't that supposed to have already happened by now since they're both 21?

Maybe they just don't want :(

.....Seriously? We already have dozens of history tour concerts. Only 1 full low quality 4 screen VHS from triumph. I'd much rather a Destiny/Triumph release before History.

Seriously.

I think if Prince and Paris were included in releases we would have more concerts tbh. I think they would listen to fans ideas more than the estate.

Seriously.
lol well you're entitled to your opinion, even if I can't agree. Mj had a very big career and I just think every aspect of his live catalogue should be showcased. His earlier live work deserves it before History for several reasons. Besides, let's say they do release the history tour. They even said the only properly edited HD show from that tour they can release is Munich. We already have it in HD. No need for release. Destiny/Triumph/Victory deserves it so much more.

Last edited:

IMO, Branca does not spew bullshit to satisfy fans. Branca tells it how it is and he has said the same kinds of things in the past....this is not new. Fans often do not want to listen, or to believe what he has said, or else they misinterpret, or think they know better. He makes fiscally responsible business decisions that fans don't often agree with, but MJ fans are way too entitled. As far as "lining his pockets" is concerned, he receives the normal percentage fees that anyone in his position is entitled to receive....I'm not sure why people expect him and John McClain to work for the beneficiaries for nine years (and counting) for free. There is absolutely zero chance of anyone being "booted".....the Estate is still in probate! When it exits probate, there will be a Trust to manage and Branca will still be chairman of the Trust, I believe....as set out in Michael's Will. There has never been any stipulation that Prince and Paris would become Executors upon turning 21 - they are beneficiaries - they do not even receive all of their share of the Estate at 21....they receive increments/percentages, as they reach specific age milestones, all the way into their forties. Michael wanted his children to make their own way in life and establish careers of their own, without merely drawing on a Trust fund.

PoP;4229748 said:
I’m not buying that they’re releasing singles instead of an album.

It does seem to be the way artists are doing things nowadays. I'd be happy with a single popping up, every now and then.
It'd be something new to look forward to and a great surprise....especially if the single was really good.

The song 'Walk Right Now' was performed at a few Triumph tour concerts, but there seems to not be a single video of its performance available, yet some fans want more History tour concerts, when there are hundreds of videos available online from various different concerts of that respective tour. I simply don't understand some fans.

The song 'Walk Right Now' was performed at a few Triumph tour concerts, but there seems to not be a single video of its performance available, yet some fans want more History tour concerts, when there are hundreds of videos available online from various different concerts of that respective tour. I simply don't understand some fans.

THIS^ At least someone understands lol
I mean we have to be fair about this. Why should one tour get 10+ Pro concert leaks (some in HD) AND a DVD/Bluray of Munich (Which we already have) ? Makes no sense whatsoever. Meanwhile, The jacksons tours have very few leaked concerts and in 2018 0 releases. I'm glad the estate have come to their senses about the history tour.

I want it officially released to have it physically on Blu-ray. Not on some random YouTube channel or on fan-made DVD. Bad-Dangerous-HIStory - that is a perfect trilogy. And that is what I'm interested in the most. Because of the HIStory Tour (and album) I became a Michael Jackson fan. Not because of the Jacksons, so that's why I'm not that interested in those earlier Tours. Also, singing aside, I think HIStory Tour is far superior than any other tour.

Maybe they can edit the vocals of the HIStory Tour.... So they sound like live?!
Maybe take the vocals of the HIStory rehearsal if they exist.

I think this is a very rude post to make. Fans have different tastes. I've never been interested in the Jacksons material. I'd much rather watch the Bad/Dangerous/HIStory tour shows than anything that came before it. The crying over lip-syncing has never phased me.

I still say Anthologies, instead of studio albums. Do what John Lennon's Estate did, and release it little by little on collections. I want to hear the music as Michael left it, not how Sony thinks it should sound.

Ok i would accept this IF THE ESTATE CAN EXPLAIN US WHERE ALL THE HQ/HD SNIPPETS COME FROM. I MEAN THE FOOTAGE ON THE SPIKE LEE DOCUMENTARIES LOOKS GREAT! ENOUGH FOR A BD-RELEASE. THE SOUND? ALSO GREAT.

THEY SHOULD JUST EXPLAIN US WHAT EXACTLY IS THE PROBLEM INSTEAD OF JUST SAYING "NONONO ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH"...
Yeah somebody should ask about it at some Q&A. The footage in Moonwalker and Bad 25 documentary looks great.

Maybe they can edit the vocals of the HIStory Tour.... So they sound like live?!
Maybe take the vocals of the HIStory rehearsal if they exist.
I don't think that is a good idea. I don't think concerts should be changed like that.

Last edited:
Also, singing aside, I think HIStory Tour is far superior than any other tour.

But singing is a big, big part of a show. Sadly, you can't say singing aside. Do you really want MJ to get ripped apart for lip-syncing?

I want it officially released to have it physically on Blu-ray. Not on some random YouTube channel or on fan-made DVD. Bad-Dangerous-HIStory - that is a perfect trilogy. And that is what I'm interested in the most. Because of the HIStory Tour (and album) I became a Michael Jackson fan. Not because of the Jacksons, so that's why I'm not that interested in those earlier Tours. Also, singing aside, I think HIStory Tour is far superior than any other tour.

That's fine. I understand everyone has an era they prefer. IMO its just truly unfair that some tours get several leaks and others almost none. That is why the tours we barely see deserve official releases before History. Let the fans of the tours that get severely overlooked enjoy a Jackson's DVD. If they actually packaged Munich with something new (rehearsal footage,audio, or a doc) then that makes it worth a release IMO. If it's the exact same concert and nothing more then it's a waste of a release. I mean, you can watch Munich whenever you want, on youtube, or fan made DVD. That's better than nothing. Try finding an HQ complete triumph tour. You probably don't care, but for the people that do it's just unfortunate. I like the history tour as whole, I just don't see it as a priority for release as it stands.

That's fine. I understand everyone has an era they prefer. IMO its just truly unfair that some tours get several leaks and others almost none. That is why the tours we barely see deserve official releases before History. Let the fans of the tours that get severely overlooked enjoy a Jackson's DVD. If they actually packaged Munich with something new (rehearsal footage,audio, or a doc) then that makes it worth a release IMO. If it's the exact same concert and nothing more then it's a waste of a release. I mean, you can watch Munich whenever you want, on youtube, or fan made DVD. That's better than nothing. Try finding an HQ complete triumph tour. You probably don't care, but for the people that do it's just unfortunate. I like the history tour as whole, I just don't see it as a priority for release as it stands.

Exactly. I will agree with the Estate... You can't please every fan. But the vast majority would probably want to see ANY concert released rather than HIStory. I also not the biggest Jacksons fan and I do like the "clean" sound the HIStory tour had compared to his other tours. BUT I would absolutely love a Triumph tour show being released, I think that would probably the best thing they could give to the fans (except new songs of course)!

I think this debate needs to be put to bed. Branca said it was not getting a release.

Michael was stepping from albums so that's what the estate should do.. plus the point of albums is dying.. album sales dont mean much and no mj album would break important records if released today.. it would just become another thing we as fans get annoyed about. A single can get popular and get attention much easier

I wonder if they would release rehearsals.

They released This Is It to cinemas. Although the circumstances were hugely different, I wouldn't see why not.
Maybe as a low key small scale DVD extra kind of thing, I would love to see Pensacola rehearsals from 88 myself

They released This Is It to cinemas. Although the circumstances were hugely different, I wouldn't see why not.
Maybe as a low key small scale DVD extra kind of thing, I would love to see Pensacola rehearsals from 88 myself

That would be amazing. - I would prefer that a 100 times over a HIStory concert... BAD rehearsals would be EPIC !!

so
News: The Michael Jackson estate is plotting a new project, which will feature a “reworking” of “a batch of tracks alongside a high-profile producer the estate wants to keep secret for a one-off release,” according to the Los Angeles Times. The potential project would likely be a collaboration with Sony Music. Sony Music representatives were also interviewed in the same LA Times article, which was centered around the new “Michael Jackson: On the Wall” exhibit at London’s National Portrait Gallery. The company’s Chief Executive, Rob Stringer, said the label is “constantly scouring the catalog for ideas, but there are no plans at the moment to put any more full-fledged albums out. We are looking at one-off songs, and in this streaming world that works because it’s a track-based world. There are a few gems out there that we may unearth individually over the next months and years.”

“We’ve done a lot of big idea projects and things aimed to attract new fans,” co-executor of Jackson’s estate John Branca told the paper. “Michael was so multifaceted and in trying to manage the brand we want to do things that capture each facet of who he was. But we start by thinking: What would Michael do?”

Back