Michael Jackson & His Fans!

~JadeyMJ~

Mama J
Country
United-Kingdom
gettyimages-3449015-612x612.jpeg

Hello MJfam!! I hope you are all well this fine day, I have made this thread so you can share your experiences of becoming an MJfan.
How it came to be! So please use this space to share your story! lots of love!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... To tell the full story would involve sharing my entire life story, which is just too much to get into right now, so I'll boil it down as much as possible.

I actually don't remember the EXACT age I started becoming attached to Michael, so I usually say it was around the age of ten to eleven years old. By that time, many problems were rising in my family, specifically involving my father (rest in peace, joey.).

The overall trauma was too much for me to handle. I also had behavioral problems as a child.

I am autistic. I very rarely experience a real meltdown today. But from the ages of 5 to 9, it seemed like I was having a meltdown literally every day. Tortuous abelism from other kids (I had probably only two real friends from 1st grade to 5th grade...) and my teachers struggling to cope with my constant crying, screaming and physical retaliation was another stressor in my life.

I used to pray for a different life. I used to pray that I was different and that one day, I'd wake up without being autistic, because I thought my brain structure, which was out of my control, was ruining my life. And in general, many of those around me always made me feel like I was innately burdensome and labeled me as the "special needs kid" who was incapable of any kind of rational behavior or feeling, especially by other classmates, who lacked the understanding needed for a kid like me.

But obviously, the praying to make myself a different person didn't work.

I'd cope by watching videos relating to the countless special interests I had. One thing led to another, and suddenly, I had found Michael in a new way. He became a part of those interests, and still is today. I can honestly say that that was the first time I ever truly fell in love with someone. And honestly? I don't think it's a coincidence that I stopped having meltdowns so frequently after becoming a fan, officially. Having a strong parasocial relationship with him helped me manage my emotions, and still does to this day. He is the first one I go to whenever I'm upset or angry. He's always helped me cope with the hardest points in my life. He also helped me be comfortable with telling the world I was LGBTQ+ for the first time.

But it was hard. At first, I was so embarrassed about it that I hid it completely for 3 years, telling NO ONE. Not even my parents. Then, I was a part of an MJ fan community on Instagram where I made many friends and garnered a lot of followers, sharing my art and ideas. Then, at 15, I shared my love for Michael in the real world for the first time ever, in my sophomore year of high school. (Excluding the time I told one girl in 8th grade, one girl I'm not even friends with anymore).

The way I also perceive Michael has changed throughout the years. It fluctuates between platonic and romantic attraction (depending on the era especially, lol) when I think of him.

This is probably the most surface level when it comes to telling the story of HOW I became a fan. The full story is actually quite long and convoluted. But I'm glad Michael came into my life. To be honest, without him, I would not even still be here. He's saved my life on several occasions, and I love him more than anyone and anything in the whole world. ❤️

~ DJ

One day I was listening to Elvis Presley on YT and in my reconditions I saw the song Bad and I remember 5 years earlier that my dad, who is a fan of EP, said that Elvis' daughter married a famous guy named Michael Jackson. (When my dad told me that I was 7 and I became a fan at 11 just a month before I turned 12. Now I'm 13) I had no clue who MJ was and I'm like 'why not listen to him' so I listen and then the chorus came and I was like 'I know this form somewhere but don't know where!' So then YT gave me Smooth Criminal and I listened to that and Billie Jean and so on. And here I am now! Loving Michael more and more everyday!

Well... To tell the full story would involve sharing my entire life story, which is just too much to get into right now, so I'll boil it down as much as possible.

I actually don't remember the EXACT age I started becoming attached to Michael, so I usually say it was around the age of ten to eleven years old. By that time, many problems were rising in my family, specifically involving my father (rest in peace, joey.).

The overall trauma was too much for me to handle. I also had behavioral problems as a child.

I am autistic. I very rarely experience a real meltdown today. But from the ages of 5 to 9, it seemed like I was having a meltdown literally every day. Tortuous abelism from other kids (I had probably only two real friends from 1st grade to 5th grade...) and my teachers struggling to cope with my constant crying, screaming and physical retaliation was another stressor in my life.

I used to pray for a different life. I used to pray that I was different and that one day, I'd wake up without being autistic, because I thought my brain structure, which was out of my control, was ruining my life. And in general, many of those around me always made me feel like I was innately burdensome and labeled me as the "special needs kid" who was incapable of any kind of rational behavior or feeling, especially by other classmates, who lacked the understanding needed for a kid like me.

But obviously, the praying to make myself a different person didn't work.

I'd cope by watching videos relating to the countless special interests I had. One thing led to another, and suddenly, I had found Michael in a new way. He became a part of those interests, and still is today. I can honestly say that that was the first time I ever truly fell in love with someone. And honestly? I don't think it's a coincidence that I stopped having meltdowns so frequently after becoming a fan, officially. Having a strong parasocial relationship with him helped me manage my emotions, and still does to this day. He is the first one I go to whenever I'm upset or angry. He's always helped me cope with the hardest points in my life. He also helped me be comfortable with telling the world I was LGBTQ+ for the first time.

But it was hard. At first, I was so embarrassed about it that I hid it completely for 3 years, telling NO ONE. Not even my parents. Then, I was a part of an MJ fan community on Instagram where I made many friends and garnered a lot of followers, sharing my art and ideas. Then, at 15, I shared my love for Michael in the real world for the first time ever, in my sophomore year of high school. (Excluding the time I told one girl in 8th grade, one girl I'm not even friends with anymore).

The way I also perceive Michael has changed throughout the years. It fluctuates between platonic and romantic attraction (depending on the era especially, lol) when I think of him.

This is probably the most surface level when it comes to telling the story of HOW I became a fan. The full story is actually quite long and convoluted. But I'm glad Michael came into my life. To be honest, without him, I would not even still be here. He's saved my life on several occasions, and I love him more than anyone and anything in the whole world. ❤️

~ DJ
I am sorry you were going through some troubles within your childhood! I am glad that you are doing much better these days and are feeling comfortable to be yourself! that is wonderful! keep it up! It really shows that Michael can heal us through his love and music. Lots of love. <3 :)

One day I was listening to Elvis Presley on YT and in my reconditions I saw the song Bad and I remember 5 years earlier that my dad, who is a fan of EP, said that Elvis' daughter married a famous guy named Michael Jackson. (When my dad told me that I was 7 and I became a fan at 11 just a month before I turned 12. Now I'm 13) I had no clue who MJ was and I'm like 'why not listen to him' so I listen and then the chorus came and I was like 'I know this form somewhere but don't know where!' So then YT gave me Smooth Criminal and I listened to that and Billie Jean and so on. And here I am now! Loving Michael more and more everyday

One day I was listening to Elvis Presley on YT and in my reconditions I saw the song Bad and I remember 5 years earlier that my dad, who is a fan of EP, said that Elvis' daughter married a famous guy named Michael Jackson. (When my dad told me that I was 7 and I became a fan at 11 just a month before I turned 12. Now I'm 13) I had no clue who MJ was and I'm like 'why not listen to him' so I listen and then the chorus came and I was like 'I know this form somewhere but don't know where!' So then YT gave me Smooth Criminal and I listened to that and Billie Jean and so on. And here I am now! Loving Michael more and more everyday!
Aww, thats lovely! It's lovely to see the younger generation still loving our Michael. <3

Also! I forgot to mention but what made me a fan is that his music makes me feel happy! When I get scared (which is often) I feel an agonizing pain in my chest and I won't eat or speak and just want to burst out in tears but Michael's music takes pain that away! Whenever I'm not feeling my best I go to Michael and he helps me through his music and just himself, really

When i was very little my mother used to play a lot of MJ and a lot of elvis and a few other musicians. I
Also! I forgot to mention but what made me a fan is that his music makes me feel happy! When I get scared (which is often) I feel an agonizing pain in my chest and I won't eat or speak and just want to burst out in tears but Michael's music takes pain that away! Whenever I'm not feeling my best I go to Michael and he helps me through his music and just himself, really
Aww, yeah he has that effect on me also. :)

my mjfan story was literally, I saw MJ on tele and i asked my mother who it was and i was around 9-10 at the time, i knew and enjoyed his music as my mother used to play him a lot, just did not know him as i do now. I fell in love with him and become a full die hard fan at the age of 11 and loved him ever since.. I am now almost 24 years of age and my love has only got stronger for him. I have had a tough life as well traumas, bullying etc but Michael has helped me through it all and i wouldnt change a thing! :)

My parents had seen MJ live on quite a few occasions.... BAD tour 88 Aintree, Dangours tour Wembley etc and growing up there was always MJ stuff in the house, albums, VHS recordings.. MJ hand puppets lol

I had discovered the Dangerous short films vhs and started watching the first few mins but found it very strange and switched it off - it wasn't until I was a few years older and heard heal the world and then slowly started to listening to more and more until I was hooked.

TII was to be my first ever time seeing MJ , it was my dream 😪

My parents had seen MJ live on quite a few occasions.... BAD tour 88 Aintree, Dangours tour Wembley etc and growing up there was always MJ stuff in the house, albums, VHS recordings.. MJ hand puppets lol

I had discovered the Dangerous short films vhs and started watching the first few mins but found it very strange and switched it off - it wasn't until I was a few years older and heard heal the world and then slowly started to listening to more and more until I was hooked.

TII was to be my first ever time seeing MJ , it was my dream 😪
aww :D

Back