Michael Jackson is legitimately the most celebrated person in history and people underestimate just how huge his fanbase is.

IhateTheMedia

Proud Member
Country
United-States
The media has spent 4 decades attempting to cancel him. He's been subjected to witch hunts, dehumanized, underwent not one different trials related to pedophilia, the most severe crime you can be accused of and had his innocence denied in America by the media, they claimed he was a homosexual said he bleached his skin and denied skin conditions, claimed his children weren't his because he was a propagated as a homosexual. Even today he's discussed and mocked every day by the media, corporations blacklist him and refused to mention him, nobody has underwent more attempts to end their legacy than him and nobody could survive any allegation he went through. If Elvis Presley was accused of pedophilia by people who were still alive back then he'd be dead overnight, Kanye West all it took was a claim of being antisemetic and his entire career is over. Leaving Neverland backlash lasted a year, every recent business venture reported on this site has been a stupidly huge success. His legacy has grown so much that all famous people are measured by his stature, whenever there's a popular artist they say "Are they better than Michael Jackson" and get completely destroyed by the public on the internet. He will live on for eternity

His legacy has grown so much that all famous people are measured by his stature, whenever there's a popular artist they say "Are they better than Michael Jackson" and get completely destroyed by the public on the internet. He will live on for eternity
THIS!

He is literally the standard by which everyone else is measured.

THIS!

He is literally the sandard by which everyone else is measured
Michael himself traveled to like 150 countries while he was alive, since his death fans have quite literally gone to the farthest corners of the earth just to spread word of Michael Jackson's legacy to the point even in North Korea they know who he is. We have video of amazons recognizing Michael Jackson, when in the same video they didn't recognize another religion. All it took was leaving the tribe for a village, and instantly they got exposed to him and became fans themselves. Pretty sure tribute concerts have traveled all for continents at this point as well. It's insane even for us fans to realize how he's literally known to everyone alive

I’ve noticed with polls, the larger the sample size the more likely it is that he will win. Especially if fans become aware of it. Like they have these small ones that very few people vote on, he’ll lose or they make ones that intentionally exclude him out of irrational bias. But when they actually open them up to a really large number of people, he wins.

Last edited:
The planting stories in the media part I believe to be true. The elephant man's bones, hyperbolic chamber etc all part of the mystery around MJ in the 80s

It helped him build this larger than life character. It's nothing to be ashamed about , I love all that wackiness.

It's part of what made MJ special. It's the stories after 93 that I despise.

This may not be really relevant for this thread,but I'm going ''to break the mold'' and assure you that at least 80% of what you've written is the pure truth and nothing more nor less (as you may already know,anyway).
I completely agree and pretty much all of that will most likely be true. There's nothing wrong with saying that.

These new artists will always be compared to MJ because he's at the ultimate level - it does not get higher than Michael Jackson.

The truth though is that nobody comes close.

They may break some of his records but there will never be another Michael Jackson and that's a fact.

The likes of Swift, Drake etc all sell really well and are the big acts today but they're so normal and boring.

MJ was so unique, he was mysterious and odd but that was part of the magic that made him utterly fascinating. That aura he had cannot be replicated.

Last edited:
You what I find weird? Is that when he was alive the media didn't want him and they wanted him to get canceled but NOW, when MJJ is dead, they are trying to find 'the new Michael Jackson' like bruh. You wanted him gone. He's gone and now y'all trying to 'find the new MJ'. Like just leave him alone.

You what I find weird? Is that when he was alive the media didn't want him and they wanted him to get canceled but NOW, when MJJ is dead, they are trying to find 'the new Michael Jackson' like bruh. You wanted him gone. He's gone and now y'all trying to 'find the new MJ'. Like just leave him alone.
They only saw him as a object / vehicle to make money and Michael stopped talking to the press so they just decided it would be easier to make money by lying about him on 24/7 news cycles. Eventually all that builds up to him having to do interviews again to clear the rumors and allegations about it, which generates record level TV ratings and needing to come out of retirement to tour again due to losing endorsements. Pretty sure they never actually wanted him dead, but wanted him to slave his whole life away in a cycle of Release Album - Tour - Make another album - Tour without any downtime in between that wasn't performing one offs on someone's show.

They only saw him as a object / vehicle to make money and Michael stopped talking to the press so they just decided it would be easier to make money by lying about him on 24/7 news cycles. Eventually all that builds up to him having to do interviews again to clear the rumors and allegations about it, which generates record level TV ratings and needing to come out of retirement to tour again due to losing endorsements. Pretty sure they never actually wanted him dead, but wanted him to slave his whole life away in a cycle of Release Album - Tour - Make another album - Tour without any downtime in between that wasn't performing one offs on someone's show.
It's odd though because there's so many artists that are inhabiting the exact same space and place. Today's generation is skewed on Michael, unlike the prior ones which (you would think) seem to all love him, at one point or another.

So why make Michael the Number 1 scapegoat? If not over the Beatles.

So why make Michael the Number 1 scapegoat?
This is the bit I've never understood. The crap way they treated him, in a way I can understand that bc they do it to all celebrities and artists. Build them up, knock them down. It's a cycle that has been going on for generations. It's practically a cliche. But they did seem to be especially vicious with Michael - and I'm talking pre-1993, here - and that's where I get confused. It does sometimes seem like he's the 'chosen' scapegoat and I don't know why. With other people they might have years of being slagged off but then the media suddenly decides to rehabilitate them, so to speak. Michael never really got that.

If not over the Beatles.
The media consistently misreported this story so that didn't help. But there must be something besides this. Paul is on record as saying his beef with Michael was bc Michael allowed the Beatles songs to be used in adverts. It wasn't about Michael owning the songs, it was about how he chose to use them. But journalists should be able to understand that so what is really going on?

Rhetorical questions. I can drive myself mad thinking about this stuff. Usually I try not to.

This is the bit I've never understood. The crap way they treated him, in a way I can understand that bc they do it to all celebrities and artists. Build them up, knock them down. It's a cycle that has been going on for generations. It's practically a cliche. But they did seem to be especially vicious with Michael - and I'm talking pre-1993, here - and that's where I get confused. It does sometimes seem like he's the 'chosen' scapegoat and I don't know why. With other people they might have years of being slagged off but then the media suddenly decides to rehabilitate them, so to speak. Michael never really got that.

The media consistently misreported this story so that didn't help. But there must be something besides this. Paul is on record as saying his beef with Michael was bc Michael allowed the Beatles songs to be used in adverts. It wasn't about Michael owning the songs, it was about how he chose to use them. But journalists should be able to understand that so what is really going on?

Rhetorical questions. I can drive myself mad thinking about this stuff. Usually I try not to.
Everything started in the late 80s, he bought the beatles catalog, started making political songs that were about uniting people together in efforts to end conflict etc. He was basically the most influential person in the world and even after the first allegation was popular enough to sway a South Korean election, MJ had so much in terms of financial leverage from the Beatles publishing rights that nobody could control him. Another thing was that he was a black man with all of this power and influence when the establishment has always killed or tried to kill black heroes, it also cannot be forgotten that he created Neverland in the late 80s as well and we all know how much a certain man named Tom Sneddon hated him and wanted him driven out of the county.
Basically a huge fucking amount of conspiracy and evil shit going on

Last edited:
Everything started in the late 80s,
See, I disagree. Crap media coverage for Michael started earlier than that, iirc. It got more vicious as time went on but it started earlier, imo. Dodgy questions started very early on, an actual backlash, that was underway even as the Thriller-mania thing was still going.

he bought the beatles catalog,
I've never been sure how much of a part this really plays. It's significant, yes, but I just don't know if it's more than that. I can't remember if the media coverage got massively worse after he bought the catalogue or if it was just more of the same old same old. You'd need an investigative journalist or an academic to do proper research on this.

started making political songs that were about uniting people together in efforts to end conflict etc
He wasn't the first person to do that, though.

. He was basically the most influential person in the world and even after the first allegation was popular enough to sway a South Korean election, MJ had so much in terms of financial leverage from the Beatles publishing rights that nobody could control him.
I haven't read that book by Zack O'Malley Greenburg so I don't know too much about Michael's finances. I'd want to know a lot more about the other big players at the time. Michael wouldn't have been the only one with a big, lucrative music catalogue. I get that the Beatles catalogue is huge, I'm not disputing that. Just not sure if it really gave Michael that much control within the music industry as a whole.

Another thing was that he was a black man with all of this power and influence when the establishment has always killed or tried to kill black heroes, it also cannot be forgotten that he created Neverland in the late 80s as well and we all know how much a certain man named Tom Sneddon hated him and wanted him driven out of the county.
The whole TS disaster came along much later, though. I was more thinking about media coverage in the 1980's.

Last edited:
Back