Michael Jackson is the Best-Selling American Artist in UK?

MJBrazil21

Proud Member
I remember once reading an article saying that Michael Jackson is the best-selling North American artist in the United Kingdom. Is this news true?

I heard the penguins on the Antarctic continent perform the thriller dance routine as mating ritual, is this true?

I remember once reading an article saying that Michael Jackson is the best-selling North American artist in the United Kingdom. Is this news true?
It is probably Elvis

Edit: I seen a list that included streaming and it listed Mr Eminem as number 1.

What next - how many albums did Michael Jackson sell on Button Moon...

Last edited:
It is probably Elvis
A simple Google search reveals that it is Elvis, followed by Madonna. It's literally written right there on the internet, it could be found quicker than typing a message and waiting for a reply.

What next - how many albums did Michael Jackson sell on Button Moon...
I pity people that only like MJ because he was popular. Makes me feel sad that they keep asking for reassurance.

A simple Google search reveals that it is Elvis, followed by Madonna. It's literally written right there on the internet, it could be found quicker than typing a message and waiting for a reply.

I pity people that only like MJ because he was popular. Makes me feel sad that they keep asking for reassurance.
Sorry guys, I didn't ask this because I was too lazy to research, it's because Wikipedia also says that Michael Jackson is the most successful American artist in the United Kingdom, the albums Thriller, Bad and Number Ones are on the best-selling list in the United Kingdom, No one other than Queen has more than 2 best-selling albums

Sorry guys, I didn't ask this because I was too lazy to research, it's because Wikipedia also says
Which page? We need to change this.

that Michael Jackson is the most successful American artist in the United Kingdom
Honestly, there's no such thing as "the most successful". It's too vague to mean anything. It's just marketing bullshit.

Most number one albums? Most number one singles? Most time on the chart? Sold the most copies? Made the most money? Unless you say exactly what you mean, you can claim anything and it's still wrong.

These vague superlatives are really starting to get on my nerves. Journalism has really gone downhill in the last few years, and it wasn't exactly good to begin with.

It is most likely Elvis overall.
But obviously its much more impressive if a artist or group sold/sell 10 million
copies of a title on LP/CD than 10 million streams of the same album.

In terms of sheer physical.album sales in the UK, it may well be that MJ is the top selling US artist in the UK.
In terms of sales of physical singles, most certainly not. It will surely be Elvis.

Back