Michael Jackson Mentioned In Terminator 2 Alternate Ending - His Birthday Is Judgment Day

Agent M

Proud Member
My apologies if this has already been posted but I did a search and didn't find any mention of it. Anyway, this comes courtesy of a friend: for those who don't know, in the alternate ending to the 1991 science fiction classic Terminator 2: Judgment Day, an elderly Sarah Connor reflects on how Judgment Day, August 29, 1997, when the machines took over, was averted. However, there's a mistake in the script as Sarah says "Michael Jackson still turned forty." Of course, everyone knows that he turned 40 a year later, in 1998.

Hollywood used to always joke in mean spirited fashion about Michael. But, to me, there is a lot more revealed about them, through this. Anyway, thanks for this.

It's not negative at all, it's more or less just the idea that the world was saved... the naive and unaware world had no idea that the world was almost taken over by machines. It's just re-instating the point that the world continued with normal daily routines and un-important events like a celebrities Birthday were THE NEWS & the highlight of the day in contrast to the destruction of the world! get it?

It's not negative at all, it's more or less just the idea that the world was saved... the naive and unaware world had no idea that the world was almost taken over by machines. It's just re-instating the point that the world continued with normal daily routines and un-important events like a celebrities Birthday were THE NEWS & the highlight of the day in contrast to the destruction of the world! get it?

Yes, that makes sense. Kinda foolish of us to think something negative right away. I was alittle on the fence , not nessecarily that i thought it was negative, just found it out. I understand it now.

Cool cool. It's Not foolish at all, we are just very protective of our man... Michael. He gets a lot of stick sometimes It's weird when he doesn't have anything negative said about him

Ummh, it is getting kind of foolish. Sorry!
I don't mean this in particular. but fans reactions are very sensetive. especially since 2010. every word and sentence is put on a scale and everything is seen as negative. where actualy its not at all. Or the positive isnt seen is some comments and fuss about nothing. for example, the reviews of Lee's docu. where the reviews note that "no surgeries, personal tribulations and etc" is in the docu to see or hear. thats where i :smilerolleyes: and think "oooo, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase!"

Wow... i just saw the laternatiev ending for the first time. Keep in mind, that Michael was still at his pinnacle at the time of T2....the world was saved: MJ got to celebrate his birthday...how`s that for an awesome reference! :)

It made me smile, but also gave me an awkward feeling, knowing what happens in 'the future'...

omg, what are these comments in here? asdfasdf
there's nothing mean spirited about that line what so ever.
good grief.

Last edited:
Back