michael jackson new album?

MJJ567

Proud Member
hello everyone i recently saw teddy riley interview and it says mj status, and michael prince invited him to work on new songs so i create this post to discuss if you think there is a new album and if there is , what songs can they have.

In 2019, John McClain and an unnamed producer (generally thought to be Mark Ronson) were working on new music that would be released as one-off singles every few months. I suspect they’re reviving that idea, and they wanted Teddy to do a couple tracks. That would also explain why Steve Porcaro has been touching up “Chicago 1945” over the last year or so.

To think we could've had an album if it wasn't for that damned documentary...

Anyway I think the album will follow the same principle as Xscape and use the songs that were considered for the album before it. Songs like Chicago 1945 (if it's not released now on Thriller 40), Hot Fun In The Summertime, Throwing Your Life Away, I Was The Loser will probably make their way on this alleged album.

Y pensar que podríamos haber tenido un álbum si no fuera por ese maldito documental...

De todos modos, creo que el álbum seguirá el mismo principio que Xscape y usará las canciones que se consideraron para el álbum anterior. Canciones como Chicago 1945 (si no se publica ahora en Thriller 40), Hot Fun In The Summertime, Throwing Your Life Away, I Was The Loser probablemente aparecerán en este supuesto álbum.
and get your weight off of me which was also intended for xscape

problem is, is Teddy a believable source? ;-)

i so hope that something is happening. i can't wait any longer.

possible tracklist (songs that I think can be):
1-. Get your weight off of me
2-. Serious Effect
3-. Hot Fun In The Summertime
4-. Man In Black
5-. I have this dream
6-. Rocker
7-. Throwing your life away
8-. I was a loser
9-. Ghost of another lover
10-. Chicago Nights (Chicago 1945)

Last edited:
2-. Serious Effect
4-. Shout
5-. I have this dream
6-. Rocker
8-. I was a loser
why do people consider Shout unreleased, michael released it on the b-side to a single like, it isnt unreleased

they said that for thriller 40 they were going to publish unreleased songs and they announced sunset driver (don't forget that shout was published)

they said that for thriller 40 they were going to publish unreleased songs and they announced sunset driver (don't forget that shout was published)
they didnt though? there announcement was this:

"a double CD set comprised of Michael’s original masterpiece and an exciting bonus CD of rarities and demos"

i think "rarities" is a good description of a song released in an anniversary release (got the hots) in limited countries lmao.

2-. Serious Effect
4-. Man In Black
5-. I have this dream
6-. Rocker
8-. I was a loser
corrected

I hope We've Had Enough and Price of Fame will be released on the next new album.

If an album like Xscape is made with both the version as MJ left them and temporized version these songs would need very little (non at all) to be released. We've Had Enough is totally finished and ready to be released - Price of Fame could might need some final touches.

If they wanna release 8 new songs - then make it a 10 song album with the 8 new songs and WHE and PoF.

Price of Fame could might need some final touches.
The version of POF we have is Michaels demo he did at his home studio. The Quincy version might be in a better shape.

The version of POF we have is Michaels demo he did at his home studio. The Quincy version might be in a better shape.
Wow - I never knew this. Thank you. - If what we have is just a demo, then I am quite sure that if another version exists, a version Quincy has finalised, it should not be touched. Just released

I honestly hope that they won't go for an album release. Releasing a single every couple of months would be wayyy more fruitful imo. Times have changed, and without MJ here to tour & promote a whole album, what's the point of having the focus on one album for a limited time, if they can extend the hype and anticipation with a single every now & then? I mean, if they really want to put out an album like Michael or Xscape, they can still do so afterwards and put a handful of songs there which have not been released yet. But yeah, I think it would be a waste of energy to release everything all at once.

A single every 3 month sounds like a good way to go.

And then when 7-8 singles have been released over a 2-year span, release them on a full album with 2 more songs.
A 10 song album would be nice.

I've always wondered this, Is there a Quincy version of POF? I'd love to hear a more polished version

Last edited:
they didnt though? there announcement was this:

"a double CD set comprised of Michael’s original masterpiece and an exciting bonus CD of rarities and demos"

i think "rarities" is a good description of a song released in an anniversary release (got the hots) in limited countries lmao.

i definitely read somewhere "with never heard before songs"

i definitely read somewhere "with never heard before songs"
w7fi614c6uz81.png

Back