Michael Jackson Nomination 2010 Nobel Peace Prize-Merged Petitions

Re: Michael Jackson Nomination 2010 Nobel Peace Prize

Won't give it to him, no matter what. Too much controversy.

They have no problem to give it to terrorists like Jasser Arafat, though.

Thanks Muumi. I signed the petition by logging in using my twitter account.

I think it's definitely worth a try. :)

awesome!! thanks!

err as far as i know they dont award the nodel prize post-humously sorry

Is it possible to nominate someone for a posthumous Nobel Prize?

No, it is not. Previously, a person could be awarded a prize posthumously if he/she had already been nominated (before February 1 of the same year), which was true of Erik Axel Karlfeldt (Nobel Prize in Literature 1931) and Dag Hammarskjöld (Nobel Peace Prize, 1961). Effective from 1974, the prize may only go to a deceased person to whom it was already awarded (usually in October) but who had died before he/she could receive the Prize on December 10 (William Vickrey, 1996 Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economics in Memory of Alfred Nobel). See also par. 4 of the Statutes of the Nobel Foundation.

http://nobelprize.org/contact/faq/index.html

yeah theres the famous story of Rosalind Franklin who should have been credited for the discovery of the structure of DNA with Watson and Crick but she couldn't be awarded the prize as well as she was already dead.

So... he really can't win this prize? :/

nope. but the doesnt need to.

GOD. Why can't a dead person win a Nobel prize??? He deserved this! So what that he's gone? His contributions changed the world. He made the world a better place. He sacrificed his life to do it!

darn! how the heck you do it? do I have to create an account, also???? I just put tit through twitter but it says error...

I guess there's no need to hope they will change the rules because this is about MICAHEL JACKSON!!!!!
No, they wouldn't... but if there is one person they should do it for it's for Michael.

ho yes! for the prise!!!

nah Nobel Organisation dont bend rules for anyone. Im sorry. dont get fixated on Mj for nobel Prize i say, he didnt need/want recognition, spend your efforts carryong on his work?

Fuck them man for not rewarding Michael...stupid stuck ups.

The hell with them, God will reward him!!

Back