Michael Jackson Solo Version of „Joy“ and „Why“

which song is ''joy''?[/QUOTE

It's a song recorded and released by Teddy Riley's group, Blackstreet. Michael worked on it with Teddy for the Dangerous album and it nearly made the album apparently but then Mike gave the song to Teddy to use with his group Blackstreet. You'd probably know them for No Diggity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07vnBwaQF-k here's a link to the song (because I still don't know how to get the videos onto the page haha) Beautifully done by Blackstreet

I can really imagine Michael singing this. It's a pity he didn't keep it.

Yeah I totally agree @Themidwestcowboy I do think Why would have fit on HIStory in YANA's spot, it probably would have eclipsed it for me to be honest. Although some of my most cherished vocals from Mike are those adlibs on the extended version of YANA (Gotta stop being alone, gotta stop living alone)

Yeah I agree! Those adlibs at the end make the entire song worthwhile imo
It's a song recorded and released by Teddy Riley's group, Blackstreet. Michael worked on it with Teddy for the Dangerous album and it nearly made the album apparently but then Mike gave the song to Teddy to use with his group Blackstreet. You'd probably know them for No Diggity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07vnBwaQF-k here's a link to the song (because I still don't know how to get the videos onto the page haha) Beautifully done by Blackstreet

Something interesting about joy is that this song has the same chord progression as Someone put your hand out and PYT Demo.

Something interesting about joy is that this song has the same chord progression as Someone put your hand out and PYT Demo.

All these years I've loved all 3 of those songs, and not once has it dawned on me that they have the same chord progression haha no way. I'm just humming them in my mind and you're absolutely right mate. Thanks @themidwestcowboy learn something new everyday. That's amazing

All these years I've loved all 3 of those songs, and not once has it dawned on me that they have the same chord progression haha no way. I'm just humming them in my mind and you're absolutely right mate. Thanks @themidwestcowboy learn something new everyday. That's amazing

It's incredible isn't it man ? haha, although all the songs are played in different keys and different tempos they all share the same chord progression.

Its actually mind blowing because u sit & u just think like....ahhhh im lost for words. Just beautiful...all 3!

"Why" is a bit tricker to pin down. Two of the three members of 3T (I'm terrible at names) have given conflicting accounts: one said MJ only recorded the chorus, while another said he did the whole thing.
A solo version of "Why" doesn't exist. Michael came in and recorded the chorus, and then left. I spoke to one of the studio engineers who worked on that track, and that's the account I got.

"Joy" exists. Both Teddy Riley and engineer Jean-Marie Horvat have confirmed it. A few years back Riley said he planned on handing the demo over to the Estate (assuming they didn't already have it), but there's been no news on that as of yet.
Didn't Teddy also tease people about it in a podcast last year or somethin'? I still remember some very funky phrasing he used when talkin' about it. But then, Teddy has been saying all kinds of outlandish things over the years......

here's a link to the song (because I still don't know how to get the videos onto the page haha) Beautifully done by Blackstreet
joy is beautiful :love:
It is indeed a wonderful song. Every since I first heared it, eons ago, I've loved it. Teddy and co. really did a great job, but it would be surreally amazing to hear Michael's version.

It is not good for man to be alone (Ephesians 5:25-33)

Back