Michael Jackson Song Database 1976-2009

filmandmusic

Proud Member
I opted to ignore the Motown sessions because there is less appetite for it and I assume many people would be confused by adding those songs to his adult career. So basically everything from 1976 onwards should be added.
Songs not in this database are all officially released studio album tracks from both The Jacksons and Michael Jackson solo. This is why songs like we are the world, is it scary and one more chance can be found here, they were never released on a studio album.

These categories are courtesy of our respected member “AlwaysThere”.

• Completed tracks: Songs with full vocals, background vocals, and ad-libs.
  • Mostly-finished tracks: Songs that are complete enough for release, but are missing some non-vital elements, such as a bridge or background harmonies. Think songs like “Hollywood Tonight” (no bridge or third verse) or “She Got It” (one or two missing/half-sung lines).
  • Advanced demos: Songs that aren’t complete enough for a formal release, but could be repurposed as posthumous features in the vein of “Don’t Matter to Me.” These usually feature full/mostly-full choruses and variable verses. Think songs like “Days in Gloucestershire” or “People of the World.”
  • Partial demos: Songs that contain only chorus vocals, which themselves may reside in scratch/mumble territory. Think songs like “Adore You” or “Monster.”
  • Rough demos: Songs that are still in early, embryonic form and consist of few discernible vocals, most of which are mumbles and scatting. Think songs like “Don’t Make Me Stay.”
  • Unclear completion: Songs that are known to feature some vocals, but lack enough reputable data to be categorized elsewhere. Think songs like “Buffalo Bill” or “Tomboy.”
  • Never recorded: Songs written by or for MJ that he, unfortunately, never recorded. Think songs like “Shut Up and Dance” or “Breed.”
  • Classical pieces, scores, and experimental tracks: Songs that lack vocals by design. Think songs like “Homeless Bound” or “Lady of Summer.”
  • N/A: Songs that have no known information behind them other than their titles.
Contributors to this list so far: @AlwaysThere , @ChanceToDance, @Fuzball and myself

Completed:
(I Can’t Make It) Another Day (released: Posthumous Michael 2010)
A Place with No Name (released: Posthumous Xscape 2014)
All In Your Name (Barry Gibb/ Michael Jackson collaboration (released: Single 2011)
Blood On The Dancefloor (released: Blood On The Dancefloor Remix Album 1997)
Blue Gangsta (released: Posthumous Xscape 2014)
Carousel (released: Thriller 40 2022)
Chicago (She Was Lovin' Me) (released: Posthumous Xscape 2014)
Chicago 1945
Do You Know Where Your Children Are (released: Posthumous Xscape 2014)
Ease On Down The Road (released: The Wiz Soundtrack 1978
Get It (released: Characters: Stevie Wonder 1988)
Get Your Weight Off Of Me
Ghosts (released: Blood On The Dancefloor Remix Album 1997)
Got the Hots (released: Thriller 25 2008/Thriller 40 2022)
Hold My Hand (released: Posthumous Michael 2010)
Hot Street
I Was The Loser
If You Don't Love Me
I'm Dreamin'
Is It Scary (released: Blood On The Dancefloor Remix Album 1997)
Je Ne Veux Pas La Fin De Nous (released: Bad 25 2012)
Loving You (released: Posthumous Xscape 2014)
Mind Is The Magic (released: Mind Is The Magic: Anthem For The Las Vegas Show - Siegfried & Roy 2009)
Monkey Business (released: The Ultimate Collection 2004)
Morphine (released: Blood On The Dancefloor Remix Album 1997)
Nightline
One More Chance (released: Number One 2003/King Of Pop 2008 editions Australia, Indonesia, France, Sweden)
On the Line (released: The Ultimate Collection 2004)
Price Of Fame (released: Bad 25 2012)
Say Say Say (released: Pipes Of Peace: Paul McCartney 1983)
Scared of the Moon (released: The Ultimate Collection 2004)
She's Trouble (released: Thriller 40 2022)
Shout (released: B-Side for the single “Cry” 2001)
Slave to the Rhythm (released: Posthumous Xscape 2014)
Someone in the Dark (released: E.T. Storybook 1982/The Ultimate Collection 2004)
Someone Put Your Hand Out (released: The Ultimate Collection 2004)
Streetwalker (released: Bad 25 2012)
Sunset Driver (released: The Ultimate Collection 2004)/Thriller 40 2022)
Superfly Sister (released: Blood On The Dancefloor Remix Album 1997)
The Man (released: Pipes Of Peace: Paul McCartney 1983)
The Way You Love Me (released: The Ultimate Collection 2004)
Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu (released: Bad 25 2012)
We Are Here to Change the World (Captain EO Disney Attraction 1986)
We Are The World (released: Various Artists: We Are The World 1985)
We've Had Enough (released: The Ultimate Collection 2004)
What More Can I Give (released: digital 2003)
Xscape (Escape) (released: Posthumous Xscape 2014)
You Can’t Win (released: The Wiz Soundtrack 1978)

Mostly Finished:
I Have This Dream (2005)
Neverland Landing
Make A Wish
Alright Now
Crack Kills
Dreams Away
What You Do To Me (1985)
Joy
Best Of Joy (1991)
Abortion Papers (released: Bad 25 2012)
Behind the Mask (released: Thriller 40 2022)
Cheater (released: The Ultimate Collection 2004)
Fly Away (released: Bad 25 2012)
For All Time (released: Thriller 25 2008)
I'm So Blue (released: Bad 25 2012)
The Toy (released: Thriller 40 2022)
Hollywood Tonight
Much Too Soon
She Got It
Men In Black

Advanced Demos:
Al Capone (released: Bad 25 2012)
Boy No
Days In Gloucestershire
Don’t Matter To Me
Free (released: Bad 25 2012)
Lisa It’s Your Birthday
Love Never Felt So Good (released: Posthumous Xscape 2014)
People Of The World
Saturday Woman
Seeing Voices
Serious Effect
There Must Be More To Life Than This
This Is It
What a Lovely Way to Go (released: Thriller 40 2022)
Who Do You Know (released: Thriller 40 2022)
Work That Body

Partial demos:
Adore You
Beautiful Girl (released: The Ultimate Collection 2004)
Call It Off
Dark Lady
Don't Believe It
Don’t Make Me Stay
Far Far Away
Ghost Of Another Lover
Hot Fun In The Summertime
In The Back (released: The Ultimate Collection 2004)
Innocent Man
Jane Is A Groupie
Make Or Break
Monster
Remember What I Told You
Rocker
She Don't Want Me
Victory
Water
We Love You (The Jacksons)

Unclear completion:
He Who Makes The Sky Gray
Tomboy
Don't Be Messin' Round (released: Bad 25 2012)
Eaten Alive
Girls, Girls, Girls
Ekam Satyam
Groove Of Midnight
Dancing For Love
The Future
World Of Candy
Roll The Dice
Turning Me Off
Buffalo Bill
She’s Not A Girl
Why (3T)

Classical piece/scores/experimental tracks:
Green Hornet Groove
Homeless Bound
Lady Of Summer
MJ/BB Orchestral Idea #1, #2, #3
Michael's Affirmation
Thank Heaven
Iowa
Christmas Song
Orchestral Holiday Songs

Unknown:
I Will Miss You
Bio
For The World
Breathe
I'm Still The King
Earth Love
All Right
Bad Girl
Oh Yeah
Boogie Woogie
Love Heals
Heaven With A Smile
Miami Vice
Brad Loop 100
Brad Loop 3700
Brad Loop 3.3.7 MJ
Pray For Peace
Soldier's Entrance
Fanfare Transiton
Promise
Rap
A Baby Smiles
Under Your Skin
Stay
A Chance To Dance
Can't Stop Lovin' You
Get You Back
Goodness Knowns
You Ain't Gonna Change Nothin'
Kentucky
Disco Kids
She's Not A Girl
Lucy Is In Love With Linus
Who's The Girl With Her Hair Down
Lonely Man
Lonely Bird
Going To Rio
Thank You For Life
Ode To Sorrow
Sweet Music
Everybody Wants To Be A Movie Star
You Were There
You Are A Liar
Cry
Sister Sue
Get Around
Little Girls
In The Valley
I Forgive You
Why Shy
I Have This Love Of Me
Llama Lola
Kentucky
In The Life Of Chico
People Have To Make Some Sort Of Joke
We Are The Ones
What's Your Life
Fantasy
The Sky Is The Limit
Saved By The Bell
I Am That One
Just For Now
You Are There
Leaving Today To Behind
Michael McKellar
California Grass
Rich Girl
Be Me 4 A Day
Tragedy Of A Cheerleader
The Sky Is The Limit
Somewhere In Time
Splash! We Can Get Wet Babe
Apocalypse Now
The Choice
Garbage
Boots Groove
Children's Hour
Slipped Away
Heat Of The Night
Doing Dirty
MJ Melody
Rap
Nymphette Lover
Why Can't I Be?
The Hurt
Centipede
Muscles
Nighttime Lover
The Verdict

Never recorded:
Broken Chair
Coco Butter
Evil Eye
Jungle City
Bottom Of My Heart
That
Breed
If I Were To Wish
Blue Powder
Revenge
Willing And Waiting
Bombay Nights
Walk Away
D.I.E
Light The Way
Is She Coming Back
I Love You (Taryll Jackson)
King Tutankhamen
Loving You (2003 Buxer/Cascio demo)
Red Eye
Pajamas
Rise Above It All
Rock Tonight
Think Twice
Too Late To Turn Back Now
Silent Spring
11 p.m
Craze
Photographs
Shut Up And Dance
I Love You More
Stand Tall
Colorblind
Backseat Lover
I’ve Got He Number
Change

SOURCES:
Damien Shields, Joe Vogel's Twitter and his Man In The Music book, Korgnex, Chris Cadman, D.A.T tapes, excerpts of the My Friend Michael book and many interviews.

Last edited:
Didn't @AlwaysThere have a detailed thread about unreleased songs? Clearly that's a good jumping off point

I would love to help! I’ve been tinkering with creating a website for the last several years but I simply don’t have the time for it. I think it’s immensely important to detail everything and create a definitive resource for fans.
I think we have to get more members like you who have studied this thoroughly to classify all Michael's recordings into the "boxes" I created.
Unfortunately my work can only be limited as I have no trustworthy info.

Do you agree with the labels I created to classify Michael's music? Would you add more or change the names I've given them?
The job in itself shouldn't be too hard. Just add the titles in the correct category and name the source. I have only created 5 categories anyway. For example I would put "she's trouble" into the "completed outtake" category and "fall again" in the "almost completed category". These are easy because those songs have leaked years ago, everybody knows them. Of course it would be a bit harder and more obscure to deal with as of yet unlocked or unreleased songs like "dark water", "victory" and countless others. This is where the experts come in, the peeple who have knowledge or who have heard those songs.

I think we have to get more members like you who have studied this thoroughly to classify all Michael's recordings into the "boxes" I created.
Unfortunately my work can only be limited as I have no trustworthy info.

Do you agree with the labels I created to classify Michael's music? Would you add more or change the names I've given them?
The job in itself shouldn't be too hard. Just add the titles in the correct category and name the source. I have only created 5 categories anyway. For example I would put "she's trouble" into the "completed outtake" category and "fall again" in the "almost completed category". These are easy because those songs have leaked years ago, everybody knows them. Of course it would be a bit harder and more obscure to deal with as of yet unlocked or unreleased songs like "dark water", "victory" and countless others. This is where the experts come in, the peeple who have knowledge or who have heard those songs.
I think your list is a wonderful starting point, but given the eccentricity of MJ’s work habits and inconsistency of each track, I would suggest expanding it to include a few more categories. Here’s what I would propose:
  • Mostly-finished tracks: Songs that are complete enough for release, but are missing some non-vital elements, such as a bridge or background harmonies. Think songs like “Hollywood Tonight” (no bridge or third verse) or “She Got It” (one or two missing/half-sung lines).
  • Advanced demos: Songs that aren’t complete enough for a formal release, but could be repurposed as posthumous features in the vein of “Don’t Matter to Me.” These usually feature full/mostly-full choruses and variable verses. Think songs like “Days in Gloucestershire” or “People of the World.”
  • Partial demos: Songs that contain only chorus vocals, which themselves may reside in scratch/mumble territory. Think songs like “Adore You” or “Monster.”
  • Rough demos: Songs that are still in early, embryonic form and consist of few discernible vocals, most of which are mumbles and scatting. Think songs like “Don’t Make Me Stay.”
  • Unclear completion: Songs that are known to feature some vocals, but lack enough reputable data to be categorized elsewhere. Think songs like “Buffalo Bill” or “Tomboy.”
  • Never recorded: Songs written by or for MJ that he, unfortunately, never recorded. Think songs like “Shut Up and Dance” or “Breed.”
  • Classical pieces, scores, and experimental tracks: Songs that lack vocals by design. Think songs like “Homeless Bound” or “Lady of Summer.”
  • N/A: Songs that have no known information behind them other than their titles.
Of course, feel free to ignore me! I just think that the existing material is such a spectrum that certain songs probably shouldn’t be paired with other songs. Songs like “Changes,” for example, are more than rough, but less than almost finished, if that makes sense.

I think your list is a wonderful starting point, but given the eccentricity of MJ’s work habits and inconsistency of each track, I would suggest expanding it to include a few more categories. Here’s what I would propose:
Of course, feel free to ignore me! I just think that the existing material is such a spectrum that certain songs probably shouldn’t be paired with other songs. Songs like “Changes,” for example, are more than rough, but less than almost finished, if that makes sense.
Not gonna ignore this. It is perfect! These options should be used for the thread. I’m going to change my first post to replace my words with yours.
So all that remains is now filling in each category. I hope @Hiker responds soon, she may be able to grant you access to make changes to this thread so you can out some work in it. Hopefully other members will follow!

Not gonna ignore this. It is perfect! These options should be used for the thread. I’m going to change my first post to replace my words with yours.
So all that remains is now filling in each category. I hope @Hiker responds soon, she may be able to grant you access to make changes to this thread so you can out some work in it. Hopefully other members will follow!
I can make the thread sticky, but I don't think its possible for others to edit your post.

I can make the thread sticky, but I don't think its possible for others to edit your post.
Ok thanks

If that is the case then I somehow need all the available info so I can categorize each song myself

Completed:
Get Your Weight Off Of Me
I Was The Loser
I'm Dreamin'

Mostly Finished:
I Have This Dream (2005)
Neverland Landing
Make A Wish
Alright Now
Crack Kills
What You Do To Me (1985)
Joy
Best Of Joy (1991)

Advanced Demos:
Boy No
Days In Gloucestershire
Saturday Woman

Partial demos:
Remember What I Told You
She Don't Want Me
Monster
Hot Fun In The Summertime
Water
Innocent Man
Call It Off

Rough demos:
Dark Lady
Rocker
Don't Believe It
Changes
Make Or Break
Far Far Away
Victory

Never recorded:
Broken Chair
Coco Butter
Walk Away
Evil Eye
Jungle City
Bottom Of My Heart
That
Breed
If I Were To Wish
Blue Powder
Revenge
Willing And Waiting
Bombay Nights
Walk Away
D.I.E
Light The Way
Is She Coming Back
I Love You (Taryll Jackson)
King Tutankhamen
Loving You (2003 Buxer/Cascio demo)
Red Eye
Pajamas
Rise Above It All
Rock Tonight
Think Twice
Too Late To Turn Back Now
Silent Spring
11 p.m
Craze
Photographs
Shut Up And Dance
I Love You More
Stand Tall
Colorblind

Unclear completion:
He Who Makes The Sky Gray
Tomboy
Don't Be Messin'
Eaten Alive
Girls, Girls, Girls
Ekam Satyam
Groove Of Midnight
Dancing For Love
The Future
World Of Candy
Rolling The Dice
Turning Me Off

Classical piece/scores/experimental tracks:
Green Hornet Groove
Homeless Bound
Lady Of Summer
MJ/BB Orchestral Idea #1, #2, #3
Michael's Affirmation
Thank Heaven
Iowa
Christmas Song
Orchestral Holiday Songs

Unknown:
I Will Miss You
Bio
For The World
Breathe
I'm Still The King
Earth Love
All Right
Bad Girl
Oh Yeah
Boogie Woogie
Love Heals
Heaven With A Smile
Miami Vice
Brad Loop 100
Brad Loop 3700
Brad Loop 3.3.7 MJ
Pray For Peace
Soldier's Entrance
Fanfare Transiton
Promise
Rap
A Baby Smiles
Under Your Skin
Stay
A Chance To Dance
Can't Stop Lovin' You
Get You Back
Goodness Knowns
You Ain't Gonna Change Nothin'
Kentucky
Disco Kids
She's Not A Girl
Lucy Is In Love With Linus
Who's The Girl With Her Hair Down
Lonely Man
Lonely Bird
Going To Rio
Thank You For Life
Ode To Sorrow
Sweet Music
Everybody Wants To Be A Movie Star
You Were There
You Are A Liar
Cry
Sister Sue
Get Around
Little Girls
In The Valley
I Forgive You
Why Shy
I Have This Love Of Me
Llama Lola
Kentucky
In The Life Of Chico
People Have To Make Some Sort Of Joke
We Are The Ones
What's Your Life
Fantasy
The Sky Is The Limit
Saved By The Bell
I Am That One
Just For Now
You Are There
Leaving Today To Behind
Michael McKellar
California Grass
Rich Girl
Be Me 4 A Day
Tragedy Of A Cheerleader
The Sky Is The Limit
Somewhere In Time
Splash! We Can Get Wet Babe
Apocalypse Now
The Choice
Garbage
Boots Groove
Children's Hour
Slipped Away
Heat Of The Night
Doing Dirty
MJ Melody
Rap
Nymphette Lover
Why Can't I Be?

These are all the titles I could find. Feel free to add more in case I forgot some.

Last edited:
@ChanceToDance buffalo bill? Silent spring the leaked intrumental is fake then? Also thinking about possible recordings of centipede, the hurt, nighttime lover and muscles?

Sources? Damien Shields and?

Sources? Damien Shields and?
Damien Shields, Joe Vogel's Twitter and his Man In The Music book, Korgnex, Chris Cadman, D.A.T tapes, excerpts of the My Friend Michael book and many interviews.
@ChanceToDance buffalo bill? Silent spring the leaked intrumental is fake then? Also thinking about possible recordings of centipede, the hurt, nighttime lover and muscles?
Completely forgot about those titles lol, AlwaysThere already mentioned some of them so I didn't think about including them. I never heard about Silent Spring leaking, even if it's a fake leak. Do you have a link for it?

Completely forgot about those titles lol, AlwaysThere already mentioned some of them so I didn't think about including them. I never heard about Silent Spring leaking, even if it's a fake leak. Do you have a link for it?
Can you update your post to include centipede, the hurt, nighttime lover, muscles, buffalo bill, silent spring and we forgot “seeing voices” as well.

Since you made such a comprehensive list it is best that we continue building from what you posted. I should probably copy paste it to my original opening post so people don’t have to start scrolling down the thread to find it.

Regarding “silent spring” I was always under the impression it was this?

Won't you add already leaked songs (such as Hot Street, Slapstick, iydlm) to your list?

@Fuzball

I just did

I added “seeing voices” to “advanced demos”
I added “centipede, the hurt, nighttime lover and muscles“ to “Unknown”
I added “there must be more to life this than and love never felt so good“ to “advanced demos”
I added “all in your name” to “completed tracks”

So lets try to complete the list, I guess there won’t be much songs missing from this point onwards. Unless there are dozens of other titles not yet known in the vaults which is a possibility considering we never heard of “dreams away“ before it leaked.

Any other suggestions or changes I should make to the first first post? Perhaps some songs are in the wrong category?Placing them chronologically by recording date or year is an option but I have absolutely no knowledge of that.

Last edited:
So after adding extra info in brackets I kind of get a wall of text which is hard to distinguish. It seems I can’t make much changes to make it easier to read. Any suggestions?

Regarding “silent spring” I was always under the impression it was this?
Silent Spring was produced by Neff-U so it has nothing to do with 2 Seas Records. I don't know if the snippet used in their website even has anything to do with the 3 songs MJ made with their label tbf.

Very interesting, I really like this work of mutual aid. On another forum I also made a list of unpublished. I will share it with you soon if you wish. And we can compare. 🙂

I have categorized the songs into:
- Complete
- Known for having vocals
- Instrumental
- With source, but no info if there are voices.

Some corrections here:

-She's Not A Girl should be put on the "Unclear completion" section since MJ confirmed in the 1993 deposition that he recorded a demo for it.
-Backseat Lover and I've Got Her Number are writer's demos made in 1985 which were never recorded by MJ, so they should be added to the "Never recorded" list.
-Same for Steve Porcaro's Change demo and the 6 Ne-Yo songs.

Some corrections here:

-She's Not A Girl should be put on the "Unclear completion" section since MJ confirmed in the 1993 deposition that he recorded a demo for it.
-Backseat Lover and I've Got Her Number are writer's demos made in 1985 which were never recorded by MJ, so they should be added to the "Never recorded" list.
-Same for Steve Porcaro's Change demo and the 6 Ne-Yo songs.
I will make the changes but you will have to give the titles of the 6 ne-yo songs because I don’t know them.

Regarding the song “this is it” the 2 versions on the album with the same name are any of those the original demos recorded by Michael or are they posthumous remixes? If it is the latter I will not add extra info between brackets because we have yet to hear the original recording.

Regarding the song “this is it” the 2 versions on the album with the same name are any of those the original demos recorded by Michael or are they posthumous remixes? If it is the latter I will not add extra info between brackets because we have yet to hear the original recording.
Both versions are overdubbed. A snippet of the original version (entitled "I Never Heard") was played on US tv

Very interesting, I really like this work of mutual aid. On another forum I also made a list of unpublished. I will share it with you soon if you wish. And we can compare. 🙂

I have categorized the songs into:
- Complete
- Known for having vocals
- Instrumental
- With source, but no info if there are voices.
Any help is welcome

Back