Michael Jackson Song Database 1976-2009

Please check the first post for glaring omissions

I have added the rough demo section with the partial demo section. I think the difference is too small. @AlwaysThere

Last edited:
We don't have the titles, so it's best to put them as Ne-Yo demos #1, #2, #3 and so on.
Ah ok. I’m not going to add them then, it is too abstract lol

Looks like the vast majority of completed songs have found an official release one way or another already judging from what we created. But there is always the x factor we don’t know about…

Edit: I just realized The Verdict isn’t added yet. I have no clue where to place it. it is purely intrumental so it doesn’t really fit any category. I placed it at ”Never recorded“ for now because it doesn’t contain any vocals.

Last edited:
Lisa, It’s Your Birthday
Where should I place it? He never sang it or did he? it could be either completed or never recorded (by MJ).
I have a hard time taking this song serious enough to include it though

Where should I place it? He never sang it or did he? it could be either completed or never recorded (by MJ).
I have a hard time taking this song serious enough to include it though

mbid-691df058-a7c1-4023-b9b9-9ed0b30c663e-23726749936.jpg

mbid-691df058-a7c1-4023-b9b9-9ed0b30c663e-23726750466.jpg

I’ve put LIYB in the advanced demo section. But it was most likely just finished, done and dusted in half an hour. It is not something I would put on an anniversary album though

Btw guys what’s the source for putting “i’m dreaming” in the completed tracks section? It is one of the Will.I.Am tracks right?

Btw guys what’s the source for putting “i’m dreaming” in the completed tracks section? It is one of the Will.I.Am tracks right?
Yes, it's the song Will.I.Am tried to release on his Willpower album. He also mentioned in an interview that it's the only song alongside The Future that he and MJ recorded.
"Jackson has enlisted Black Eyed Peas member will.i.am for a backup on one of his tracks for the album. They appeared together in an Access Hollywood interview conducted in October of 2006.[15] At that time, they had not yet completed any music, but were still experimenting with different sounds and styles. However, a Rolling Stone magazine article published in February of 2007 stated that the pair had drafted eight new songs and physically tracked one, titled "I'm Dreamin'".

will.i.am told Billboard magazine that he is involved in more than just the musical aspect of Jackson's new album. He is also discussing with the artist how new technologies might be utilized to his advantage (as suggested by Access Hollywood's Billy Bush), particularly social networking websites and downloading outlets.[13]

In an August 2007 interview with Times Online, will.i.am was quoted as saying, "[Jackson's] voice is still incredible. It’s not about crazy beats that are going be here today and gone tomorrow, but melodies that will stay for a lifetime."[16]

On the 13th of August 2007, will.i.am told reporters at a Black Eyed Peas press conference in South Korea that another track he recorded with Jackson is titled "The Future".[17]

On the 23rd of August 2007, will.i.am revealed on the Los Angeles radio station KIIS-FM that he's only recorded two songs with Jackson, both of a "feel good" nature - unrelated to the singer's life. He also stated they're to work on two further tracks in November.[18]

September 13th 2007: will.i.am mentions in a Swedish interview, that he and Michael have recorded three songs together, and personally appears as a duet/featuring artist on one. He also expressed hope for the first single to be released in 2008.

On the 2nd May 2008 Will I Am had an interview with BBC reporter Mark Savage and was asked 'When will we get to hear the songs you recorded with Michael?' With Will I Am responding 'The new stuff? Um, I don't know... Can you switch that tape recorder off... '"

Dang I just randomly keep thinking about tunes we forgot every couple of hours. We didn’t add “ghost from another lover either”!

‘Walk Away’ is listed twice. And isn’t it actually called ‘Don’t Walk Away’ (i.e., the same as the Invincible track)?

‘Walk Away’ is listed twice. And isn’t it actually called ‘Don’t Walk Away’ (i.e., the same as the Invincible track)?
It's called Walk Away on the copyright registry.
Type of Work:​
Music
Registration Number / Date:​
PAu003461344 / 2010-03-03
Application Title:​
Walk Away (Instrumental)
Title:​
Walk Away (Instrumental)
Description:​
Electronic file (eService)
Copyright Claimant:​
Bradley Buxer. Address: 553 Summit Oaks Ct., Nashville, TN, 37221, United States.
The Estate of Michael Jackson, Transfer: by Will. Address: c/o Hoffman, Sabban & Watenmaker, 10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2200, Los Angeles, CA, 90024, United States.
Date of Creation:​

It's called Walk Away on the copyright registry.
Type of Work:​
Music
Registration Number / Date:​
PAu003461344 / 2010-03-03
Application Title:​
Walk Away (Instrumental)
Title:​
Walk Away (Instrumental)
Description:​
Electronic file (eService)
Copyright Claimant:​
Bradley Buxer. Address: 553 Summit Oaks Ct., Nashville, TN, 37221, United States.
The Estate of Michael Jackson, Transfer: by Will. Address: c/o Hoffman, Sabban & Watenmaker, 10880 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2200, Los Angeles, CA, 90024, United States.
Date of Creation:​
Interesting!

It’s still listed twice, though.

Back