Michael Jackson's Curls.

MJ-new-rare-michael-jackson-18320641-547-720.jpg

@turtleneck_sweater little gift for you

So, today. A bit of a moment. At approx 4s where you get the close-up of Michael's hair - as in, massively close-up - I finally got the point. I understood. I saw it. That whole 'I want to build a home inside Michael's curls' thing. Which I only ever understood in a sort of detached, intellectual - yet - sympathetic way. Not as something that should be the focus of every daydream I could ever hope to have.

Michael / Human Nature / BWT 1988

Last edited:
So, today. A bit of a moment. At approx 4s where you get the close-up of Michael's hair - as in, massively close-up - I finally got the point. I understood. I saw it. That whole 'I want to build a home inside Michael's curls' thing. Which I only ever understood in a sort of detached, intellectual - yet - sympathetic way. Not as something that should be the focus of every daydream I could ever hope to have.

Michael / Human Nature / BWT 1988

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

First of all, no need to worry. It's only human nature. Although personally, I am "taken by lust's strange inhumanity".

Second of all, I don't even know what to say. The close-up... My heart's beating so fast! I cannot contribute anything to this thread but I want to thank you for this new self-torturing clip. His voice in this clip is therapy for my heart.

First of all, no need to worry.
No, it wasn't being worried. It was more like this (poetry alert!)

"I have given up trying
to recognize you in the surging wave of the next
moment. All the immense
images in me— the far-off, deeply-felt landscape,
cities, towers, and bridges, and unsuspected
turns in the path,
and those powerful lands that were once
pulsing with the life of the gods-
all rise within me to mean
you, who forever elude me."

Rainer Maria Rilke (from You Who Never Arrived)

Although personally, I am "taken by lust's strange inhumanity".
😲

Second of all, I don't even know what to say.
Me neither. Hence the inevitable resort to poetry.

The close-up...
That close-up is a killer. It's hardly the first one I've seen but it is SO potent.

My heart's beating so fast! I cannot contribute anything to this thread but I want to thank you for this new self-torturing clip. His voice in this clip is therapy for my heart.
This is where we are, isn't it? Torture and therapy all at once.

Everything everywhere all at once, lol.

Back