Michael Jackson's "Invincible" transformation

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
As we all know in 1999 Michael Jackson fell of the stage, while performing Earth Song. Does anybody know more true details about that story? I met people, which claims, that this trauma is the main reason, why MJ got that look from Invincible Era. They say he started to take lots of painkillers and other pills, turning himself into Invincible Michael (with that famous drunky eyes and static face, you know)

Michael Jackson had already been taking lots of painkillers and other pills before the 1999 Munich accident.

The starting point of his drug addiction was the Pepsi accident (1984), then there were the accusations (1993) when the singer began to resort also to other substances, as confirmed by himself.

Also, about 1999 Munich accident story, Dr. Barney Van Valin testified (in the AEG Live trial) that Michael Jackson had classic symptoms of lower back pain because of that accident.

The doctor (who was a close friend of Michael Jackson) stated also that the singer developed a bulge in a disc in his lower spine (in the area where the pain was).

I think the accident was more severe than many people think and the resulting drug use did contribute to his occasionally erratic behavior in that period... But it didn't affect his looks in any meaningful way.

It was the botched surgery in December 2000 that paralyzed his upper lip and gave him (what Katherine Jackson described as) a toothpick nose. Until December 2000, he looked pretty much the same as in the History era, except for the hair.

6 months after the 1999 accident is arguably the sharpest he's ever been interviewed on camera:

I think the accident was more severe than many people think and the resulting drug use did contribute to his occasionally erratic behavior in that period... But it didn't affect his looks in any meaningful way.

It was the botched surgery in December 2000 that paralyzed his upper lip and gave him (what Katherine Jackson described as) a toothpick nose. Until December 2000, he looked pretty much the same as in the History era, except for the hair.

6 months after the 1999 accident is arguably the sharpest he's ever been interviewed on camera:
This is a great interview.

He looks the exact same from 2004 home movies but with a little less weight & no mustache

Back