Michael Jackson's "Resurrection" album vocally meant to be similar to Thriller?

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
Michael Jackson's voice was always one of the amazing things about him. It was pretty shrill in OTW album, it was really beautiful, tender and full of love in Thriller album, it was really really powerful in History album and it was very raspy, cool and brutal in Invincible album. Through all Michael's albums, Michael voice was changing, becoming more and more sharp with new album. But I noticed, that after Invincible album this progress eventually faded away. And his voice become tender again...? Songs like Best Of Joy, Hold My Hand, chorus of WBSS, snippet of Water have so tender vocals really similar to Michael voice from Thriller sessions!

00:05
Yesterday I found snippet from 3d cutted chorus for Best of Joys song and I was shocked! It sounds soooo tender and soooo beautiful. And really really similar to Michael's voice from 1982... I don't know, did he really planned to change his voice? Or it was a coincidence made as a result of aging? Still, I wonder, what happened? I remember Michael said, that his nose jobs hepled him to sing better. So maybe during 2005-2007 he made some really crucial operation, so his voice lost this "suffocative" sounding from Invincible songs. Also, I noticed that in his last songs his voice sounds too clean...? Like it was filtered or something. But, even during HIstory, his voice didn't sound that clean...So, it is actually very suspicious too. And I don't think, it has something to do with his drugs/medicnes, because in his last songs he pronounces words quite clearly (not like he mumbled in Invincible songs)

There was never an album titled Resurrection.

All of MJ’s post-trial collaborators said that his new material was more in line with Off the Wall and Thriller in terms of tone and aesthetics. Very melodic and upbeat. If I recall correctly, one or two have also said that he was stepping away from the anti-media tracks as well. So in all likelihood, assuming the album stayed on that path, I think whatever his 2009-2010 album wound up being would likely have been very reminiscent of his early career work.

There was never an album titled Resurrection.
I put QUOTES on purpouse, okay?
All of MJ’s post-trial collaborators said that his new material was more in line with Off the Wall and Thriller in terms of tone and aesthetics. Very melodic and upbeat. If I recall correctly, one or two have also said that he was stepping away from the anti-media tracks as well. So in all likelihood, assuming the album stayed on that path, I think whatever his 2009-2010 album wound up being would likely have been very reminiscent of his early career work.
Exactly! It was kinda sequel to Thriller

Similarly to what has already been said here - Seeing how Will.i.am described the songs he made with MJ as sounding like a "modernized" version of Off The Wall, and seeing the dozens of old demos that MJ was working on at the time that mostly stems from the 80's-90's, I think he would've used the nostalgia of his past albums as one of the selling points for his next album.

None of the songs I heard from that period sound like a return to OTW and Thriller imo
Water is pretty Stranger in Moscow 2.0 yeah

The Will.I.Am stuff would've done the OTW stuff. The outtakes are pretty diverse. I think there would've been more influence from Bad. Especially if songs like Throwin' Your Life Away and Don't Be Messin' Round made it on to the record.

Michael Jackson's voice was always one of the amazing things about him. It was pretty shrill in OTW album, it was really beautiful, tender and full of love in Thriller album, it was really really powerful in History album and it was very raspy, cool and brutal in Invincible album. Through all Michael's albums, Michael voice was changing, becoming more and more sharp with new album. But I noticed, that after Invincible album this progress eventually faded away. And his voice become tender again...? Songs like Best Of Joy, Hold My Hand, chorus of WBSS, snippet of Water have so tender vocals really similar to Michael voice from Thriller sessions!

00:05
Yesterday I found snippet from 3d cutted chorus for Best of Joys song and I was shocked! It sounds soooo tender and soooo beautiful. And really really similar to Michael's voice from 1982... I don't know, did he really planned to change his voice? Or it was a coincidence made as a result of aging? Still, I wonder, what happened? I remember Michael said, that his nose jobs hepled him to sing better. So maybe during 2005-2007 he made some really crucial operation, so his voice lost this "suffocative" sounding from Invincible songs. Also, I noticed that in his last songs his voice sounds too clean...? Like it was filtered or something. But, even during HIstory, his voice didn't sound that clean...So, it is actually very suspicious too. And I don't think, it has something to do with his drugs/medicnes, because in his last songs he pronounces words quite clearly (not like he mumbled in Invincible songs)
Yes. I think, if Michael released "Resurrection" album, it could become his SECOND best album. I guess it would be better than Invincible

Yes. I think, if Michael released "Resurrection" album, it could become his SECOND best album. I guess it would be better than Invincible
Invincible by MJ standard pretty much sucked. His voice was hard to hear , it was a flop. Songs sounded the same . Nothing stood out in particular with the album for me . His best ( imo) voice was during his Victory tour period. Also sounding "shrill " on OTW? His voice was outstanding in that album and powerful. Dangerous and History ( to a degree) had the best of both worlds with his voice especially Dangerous , on the the Dangerous tour his vocals on Shes out of my Life are outstanding and better than the previous live ones. Invincible was run of the mill , handled wrongly , put together wrong and You Rock my World was ok but hardly a groundbreaking MJ song full of corny ness especially the speaking intro and a dance we had seen a million times before.

The Resurrection album was fake, I made that rumour up on the forums around 2002/2003 when I was 17. Would be fun to go back and find those account details from the old forums. I also did a fake Jordy Chandler coming out and confessing post at the time. I was a kid and thought I’d get away with it but as I recall the admins found my details from Australia pretty quickly and debunked it. Amazed that it‘s still around. Eep.

I PUT THE QUOTES LOL! ARE YOU BLIND???
The Resurrection album was fake, I made that rumour up on the forums around 2002/2003 when I was 17. Would be fun to go back and find those account details from the old forums. I also did a fake Jordy Chandler coming out and confessing post at the time. I was a kid and thought I’d get away with it but as I recall the admins found my details from Australia pretty quickly and debunked it. Amazed that it‘s still around. Eep.

Omg.... That's so stupid... Literally 5th person already saying same mistake.... While I PUT quotes to show that album's name is not RESURRECTION

I PUT THE QUOTES LOL! ARE YOU BLIND???
FYI. Yes I’m legally blind. I just find it annoying how you come in here, post a billion posts about the same thing and then act like you’re in the know when a lot of us where actually alive during the time and remember it all. These boards were much more entertaining and legit before you came along and hijacked every post. You need to chill.

FYI. Yes I’m legally blind. I just find it annoying how you come in here, post a billion posts about the same thing and then act like you’re in the know when a lot of us where actually alive during the time and remember it all. These boards were much more entertaining and legit before you came along and hijacked every post. You need to chill.
Thank you very much for this response, it's exactly how most of us feel about him.

He's a pain in the back. I love your point you made of actually being alive during this time and remembering it all 👏

I second that. Very well put!

Back