Michael Jackson’s Voice Explained: Video Analysis

Such as Kansas, in which his voice sounds much smoother than e.g. Los Angeles during the Triumph Tour.
Most definitely. The majority of the victory concerts had smooth vocals especially Kansas. Heartbreak hotel in Kansas is my all time favorite HH performance, vocally, from MJ. It’s just so effortless and those hee-hees are so bright, sharp and fluid.

I think this video was really interesting and informative. I think you should watch this one

Something that really stuck out to me, and this is something I have long believed to have somewhat of a kernel of truth, is that Michael often seemed to push his voice beyond its natural capabilities which made it very difficult for him to replicate certain high notes in the original keys of his song live. What do you think about this assessment?

Edit:

After watching the entire thing, I can say that there are a lot of inconsistencies, errors and straight up lies or misinformation presented to serve the narrative of the video.
The video is very good, but it leaves things in a dubious way and lacks development in others.

The good part, for me, is because explains why Michael's voice was impaired as an adult due to overuse of his voice during childhood. But the worst part is treating hoarseness as always being a sign of voice damage, and we know that most of the time it was Michael's personal choice, his style of singing that way.

Of course the vocal range of MJ was decreasing, he was getting older, his health problems don't help too. A good video, could be better. The author did not treat this MJ video as some "diva" videos that he always produce.

Can't listen to this video for too long because the guy is speaking with saliva noise that make me want to pull my ears off...

(Well especially towards the end, I haven't listened to it all, just jumper from timecode to timecode right now.)

Can't listen to this video for too long because the guy is speaking with saliva noise that make me want to pull my ears off...

(Well especially towards the end, I haven't listened to it all, just jumper from timecode to timecode right now.)
😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Courtesy of Bill Withers.

I also noticed it in 'Papa was A Rolling Stone' by The Temptations, wonder what it means (dad got it..?)

'Hey Papa was a rolling stone (dad gumma it)
Where ever he laid his hat was his home
And when he died, all he left us was alone'

I also noticed it in 'Papa was A Rolling Stone' by The Temptations, wonder what it means (dad got it..?)

It’s really a euphemism for ‘god damnit.’

Wasnt it dug gamit???....

Wasnt it dug gamit???....
Not according to the lyrics.
And to expand on @Agonum 's reply, the origin might be in a 50's sitcom:
  1. Euphemism for Goddamnit.
  2. A word invented by a Hollywood scriptwriter and uttered by Walter Brennan as he portrayed Gran’pa Amos McCoy on the sitcom “The Real McCoys.”
Using a catchphrase from a late 50's sitcom to get around cursing does sound lke something MJ would do, lol

I think this video was really interesting and informative. I think you should watch this one

Something that really stuck out to me, and this is something I have long believed to have somewhat of a kernel of truth, is that Michael often seemed to push his voice beyond its natural capabilities which made it very difficult for him to replicate certain high notes in the original keys of his song live. What do you think about this assessment?

Edit:

After watching the entire thing, I can say that there are a lot of inconsistencies, errors and straight up lies or misinformation presented to serve the narrative of the video.
Do you remember the name of the channel that posted this? Idk for sure but I think I’ve watched the vid you linked here but whenever I try looking for it again I can’t find it and seeing as it was removed on here maybe the vid im thinking of is this one.

Back