Michael on Batman soundtrack?

Maybe he didn't have much to talk about. The people around him said Prince would spend most of his free time recording or performing. His band members said they were on call like a doctor. Wendy said Prince would call her 3 in the morning when she was sleep and tell her to come to the studio and then would be there until evening. He would do a concert at a stadium, and right after he would after do another full show at a club. The club shows would not usually be the popular hits like the main concert, but album tracks, B-sides and covers. Sometimes he would record new tracks after a concert because he carried a portable studio around. He didn't seem to have much of a life outside of recording. It's no wonder Prince wanted Warner Brothers to release more material than they were willing to. He didn't only have his own records, but he also played a lot of the music on his protégé acts albums. It takes a lot more time to play all the instruments himself, than if he used his band members.
Yes, I know. This isn't what Susan or Peggy were talking about but it doesn't matter.

what a diva
Well, tbf, he was a superstar and they can be divas, can't they? I mean, they have a big ego for a reason. And if Prince really didn't like small talk or whatever I can understand that. I don't expect him to be like Michael. It was either Susan or Peggy who pointed out that Prince was carrying a lot of responsibility very early on. By the time he was 25 he already had loads of people working for him. He was under a lot of pressure. I'm not giving him a free pass on the horrible behaviour. I think that's just flat out wrong. Peggy McCreary lays it out quite bluntly. But he was clearly massively driven and social chit chat either wasn't easy for him or just wasn't a priority given his focus on his work.

As for the Batman soundtrack thing, ngl, the idea of the collab doesn't excite me. Quite happy that it didn't happen.

He went to the movies with her so he wouldn’t need to chit chat 🤨
Well, the way Peggy tells the story, that was Prince being nice. For Christmas one year he invited her to two of his shows.

Prince is not my guy. I do love him in interviews and I like interviews from people who worked with him. I adore Susan Rogers and Peggy. But maybe you're right, maybe the cinema was Prince's ideal night out. No need to talk, as you say. 🤷🏽‍♀️

It's Michael all the way for me.

Tbf, I watched an interview with Morris Hayes recently. He seems to have got a bit of conversation out of Prince. Maybe he was just lucky.
People have said that after Prince became a Jehovah's Witness in the early 2000s, he'd try to convert other people to it. Sometimes he even did the door to door thing. Morris Day said that he was supposed to do something with Prince around this time, but then tried to get him to join the JWs, which Morris wasn't interested in. Prince was raised as a Seventh-day Adventist, which is what his mother was. Prince even recorded an entire album based on the JWs called The Rainbow Children. He also stopped using profanity as a JW and fined his band members & staff, made them put money in a "curse jar" if he heard them using it. Questlove said Prince made him do that and he didn't even work for Prince, he was just visiting Paisley Park. Prince stopped performing a lot of his earlier material or changed the lyrics if the song had cursing. I think all of the members of his last band (3rdeyegirl) were JWs.

Prince as an adult was a totally different being to the young, unhappy Prince who had questions about the meaning of life. I'm not sure why people struggle to remember that; he died at near 60 years old. He could change, regret, and decide against things.

He really took the opposite trajectory of MJ, became less eccentric.

Prince as an adult was a totally different being to the young, unhappy Prince who had questions about the meaning of life. I'm not sure why people struggle to remember that; he died at near 60 years old. He could change, regret, and decide against things.
Absolutely. According to Morris Hayes, Prince asked him to go back over the old songs and edit out the swear words and naughty stuff bc of being a JW. Morris refused to do it bc that's Prince's art, that's where he was at that time. Plus, everyone who already owns the CD or album, well, they already have those versions of the songs. Bit late to be trying to change that, lol.

I do think Prince sounds like a nightmare to work with, tbh. Peggy McCreary isn't telling these stories about Prince in order to diss him. She's really proud that she got to work with him, that he always asked for her when he came to Sunset Sound studio. She was blown away when she saw him live for the first time. But she worked with him all through the '80's and she doesn't sugar coat things. Prince was horrible to people - everyone in the round table interview that she did accepts that as fact. She does also defend him. When she tells the story of him being given a hard time by The Rolling Stones audience, she's very protective of him. So it's a complicated story which makes sense bc he was a complicated man.

He really took the opposite trajectory of MJ, became less eccentric.
Hm, interesting thought ...

What year did this alleged meeting take place? MJ went to the Purple Rain tour, Prince visited MJ backstage in concert during the Bad Tour, MJ would send Prince James Brown tapes, and Prince and Lenny Kravitz visited MJ in the early 90's when he was recording HIStory. So I'm curious when this supposed non talking encounter happened? Maybe it was after the James Brown concert?

Back