Michael Receives Awards

What a wonderful thread! :)

Very nice work Elena & Helen...I can only imagine how time consuming this was for you both, I can certainly appreciate the effort that's been put forward documenting this very important aspect of Michael's HIStory...

Thanks guys! Great job!

Last edited:

Black Gold Awards

Top Male Vocalist

Best Video Performance ["Beat It"]

Best Single Of The Year ["Billie Jean"]

Best Album ["Thriller"]

Black Gold Awards - Dick Clark Productions soul music sister of the American Music Awards, the first BGA ceremony was in 1983, with the last show airing in 1987.
http://popblerd.com/tag/black-gold-awards/

Michael at ceremony wasn't present.

In December, 1983, Michael Jackson accepts 4 Black Gold Awards on occasion of the 1st Annual Black Gold Awards. On winning the Black Gold Award for Male Singer, he says: “Thank you. I’m very honored and I’m very happy to win this award, and I’d like to thank the public, as well as all the people who voted for me and, also, I’d like to thank the other nominees, because, when you think about it, we’re all winners. I love you all, thank you.”
On being honored with the ‘Single Record Of The Year’ award for ‘Billie Jean’, he says the following: “Thank you very much. I thank everyone again, who voted for me; I thank the public, as well as the disc-jokeys. Of all the songs on the ‘Thriller’ album, I think I’m more happy about ‘Billie Jean’ than any other, ‘cause there’s a lot of truth in the song. I love you all and thank you.”
For the ‘Best Video Performance’ award for ‘Beat It’, he states: “Boy, again, I must say, thank you so much. I’m very honored to get this award, I work very hard on my videos and I play a major role in bringing them about and making them magic and everything that I see in my dreams. And I thank you all. This is very wonderful. Thank you.”
His last Black Gold Award that night is for ‘Album Of The Year’ (which he produced), shared with producer Quincy Jones. “Thank you very much. It’s a – I’m very happy, I don’t know what to say…”, declares Jackson. “Doing [the] ‘Thriller’ album was very incredible, a wonderful experience working with Quincy Jones and working with so many wonderful musicians. I’d like to thank you all, I’m so honored and I’d like to say I love you and I have nothing more to say… [laughs mildly]”
http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67&Itemid=62

Michael Jackson 1St Annual Gold Black Award

[video=youtube;6_tbG92BCg4]

DVD, 853 MB -
does anyone have the DVD to this? thanks

Does anyone have the file for the full 1974-1977, 1980 and 1981 American Music Awards?

Back