Michael - The Great Album Debate

I wouldn't trust anything he says either and as you realize it's just a personal opinion of his. Cascio's aren't a source for him , he hasn't even read Frank Cascio's book.

That being said Katherine, her lawyers Sanders and Ribiera and Katherine's partner Mann is all sources for the book. And I'm thinking that there's something out there - that we don't know - that stopped Jackson's from seeking any legal action in this regard. There was some unconfirmed rumors that Jacksons had their own test done. Perhaps that's it.

Anyway that was just to give you something to talk about as you were complaining for no one posting.

The opinion of the people who spoke out about the songs in the first place from the Jackson end have not changed. They very much stand by it.

MJ I assume. There are no confirmation when a new album will be released but I bet my ass on 2013 summer/winter.

don't you think it's too soon? early 2014 is a lot more likely IMO.

The opinion of the people who spoke out about the songs in the first place from the Jackson end have not changed. They very much stand by it.

I wasn't talking about people's opinions. In this book two sources are Katherine's lawyers - Sanders and Ribiera. The source notes are quite interesting if you pay attention to them. For example Sanders are quoted to comment on Branca's brilliant approach as well as being suspicious of dealings with AEG. Some people not being happy with HTWF settlement and Katherine's lawyers thinking it was a fair settlement. So what I got from it knowing that the main sources are Katherine's lawyers they probably felt that whatever evidence the Estata has (expert reports and such) they can't challenge it. It doesn't change anything in regards to what individuals believe they hear or not.

In other words for example Taryll might be 100% sure in his heart that it's not his uncle singing but he can also be aware that the opposite side have evidence to the contrary and therefore not pursue or discuss this any longer. Isn't that essentially what happened here? Even though when I gave the chance to two Jacksons they weren't interested in discussing it any more.

"Taryll has a lot to say and it will be heard in time." Stella, if that is not mysterious, what is ;-)... what will be "in time"? Someone(s) wanting Estate be ended or something are preparing something again?

"Taryll has a lot to say and it will be heard in time." Stella, if that is not mysterious, what is ;-)... what will be "in time"? Someone(s) anti-Branca or something preparing something again?

No ones anti Branca. That has nothing to do with it. This whole thing revolves around the fact that it's not Michael singing those songs.

Last edited:
"Taryll has a lot to say and it will be heard in time." Stella, if that is not mysterious, what is ;-)... what will be "in time"? Someone(s) wanting Estate be ended or something are preparing something again?

There's nothing mysterious about it. For over a year now multiple parties are hinting multiple lawsuits, cross complaints, showing their evidence and so on. It's the same thing over and over again. I personally won't believe such claims unless something happens. Otherwise it's just talk and empty promises.

No ones anti Branca. That has nothing to do with it. This whole thing revolves around the fact that it's not Michael singing those songs.

OK, maybe it has nothing to do with it. Maybe it is more interesting what you tried to say first : there is a big amount of pieces to be put together in 1 place?

ivy;3739078 said:
Let me give you something to discuss

from the source notes of Randall Sullivan's new book

Michael controversy: media (more below) and confidential sources close to Jackson family; in this instance I’m pretty sure the estate’s position was the true one—at least with regard to whether that was MJ’s voice or not.

Sorry to say that the position of the Estate (i don´t count the stupid letter full of lies) it´s not totally clear because a part of the itself, represented by John McClain, thought it was not Michael Jackson.

By the way, there is no doubt it´s Jason Malachi and i don´t think we should take more opinions from people who never heard the audio comparison we heard.

It´s rare that you still think it´s not Jason Malachi when there are more of 100 or 200 audio comparison that doesn´t lie.

Hope one day you can heard some of them and find that Jason Malachi sung those disgusting songs:

[youtube]gBaXd7dz404[/youtube]
[youtube]ARPCjp0ppEE[/youtube]

Last edited:
There's nothing mysterious about it. For over a year now multiple parties are hinting multiple lawsuits, cross complaints, showing their evidence and so on. It's the same thing over and over again. I personally won't believe such claims unless something happens. Otherwise it's just talk and empty promises.
Well yes... I don 't understand why it takes so long. I think something should have happened already.

Yes. It's really difficult to answer and I know it's kind of frustrating. The full truth about the Cascio tracks as well as a wealth of information and evidence that is unknown to the public thus far will all be made public in one go.

PS : I edited my reaction/question for someone who thought it was better... the answer is the quote itself.

Last edited:
Look at what Tricky Stewart tweeted:

"Some people really need to get a life. It's sad to see people be so concerned about things they can't control. Smh"

https://de.twitter.com/TrickyStewart

Read some more of his tweets. It's regarding his tweet about thinking KYHU is Micheal's vocals.

What a weak argument to say his voice just changed... It's obvious it didn't change that drastically from all the recordings we've heard from late in his life.

Look at what Tricky Stewart tweeted:

"Some people really need to get a life. It's sad to see people be so concerned about things they can't control. Smh"

https://de.twitter.com/TrickyStewart

Read some more of his tweets. It's regarding his tweet about thinking KYHU is Micheal's vocals.

I honestly believe he doesn't adress the doubters who asked him questions about the tracks.

Someone tweeted him in a pretty hysterical way in CAPITAL LETTERS and not only about the authenticity of the tracks, but also about Sony, Estate etc. and I think this is his reaction to that.

And when he speaks about things you can't control, I agree with him. Some things that happen are logical when an artist dies and you're only making yourself crazy if you think you can change them or change it into the way things happened when Michael was still alive. Everything changed after that. These are two different worlds. I can see why he said that it is sad to watch.

Like I said, I believe he doesn't adress the tweets about the authenticity of the vocals.

Last edited:
don't you think it's too soon? early 2014 is a lot more likely IMO.

We get one project a year until 2017. My sources tell me that a spring 2013 release is being considered, but it'll probably end up being shifted to summer.

I love how I am able to recognize MJ in this tiny clip:http://soundcloud.com/pentum/laugh But no where in all of the 12 Fiasco songs (lead vocals).

What. Song. Is. That. ?.

Slave To The Rhythm was written by Babyface & L.A. Reid, with whom Michael worked during 1989 and 1990. Babyface and L.A. Reid broke up in 1994 or 1995, and never wrote any song together for any singer again. The vocal part was most likely recorded during the late 80s and early 90s unless Michael suddenly decided to pick it up from his vault and redo it again later, which is very unlikely to me.

Last edited:
Mate, you have no idea how many songs Michael picked up from his vault do redo throughout his career, even his last years of music.

We get one project a year until 2017. My sources tell me that a spring 2013 release is being considered, but it'll probably end up being shifted to summer.

What. Song. Is. That. ?.
Hehe, just the reaction I wanted!
Enjoy this super awesome remix by remixedbynick: http://soundcloud.com/remixedbynick/threatened-the-dementors-kiss

I think it is possible that "Slave" was recorded in 1989 for Dangerous.

Thanks for the remix, Pentum, Threatened is definitely one of Michael's best songs.

EDIT: Lame, I don't know why he password protects some of the songs that are supposedly freely available, like the Rihanna remix. You click the link, download the file, and then there's a password and no instruction! :(

Last edited:
Slave To The Rhythm was written by Babyface & L.A. Reid, with whom Michael worked during 1989 and 1990. Babyface and L.A. Reid broke up in 1994 or 1995, and never wrote any song together for any singer again. The vocal part was most likely recorded during the late 80s and early 90s unless Michael suddenly decided to pick it up from his vault and redo it again later, which is very unlikely to me.

12-04-2010, 09:52 AM
mrsMike

Sounds late 80ties/early 90ties to me. I hear a touch of disco and Michael's voice seems a lot younger. Is there any info on when it was written?
Last edited by mrsMike; 12-04-2010 at 10:04 AM.

When Tricky is right, then my guess wasn't that wrong..:D

And we still don't know for sure when it was written/recorded, lol. But the music that is used, says a lot about the period.

12-04-2010, 09:52 AM
mrsMike

Sounds late 80ties/early 90ties to me. I hear a touch of disco and Michael's voice seems a lot younger. Is there any info on when it was written?
Last edited by mrsMike; 12-04-2010 at 10:04 AM.

When Tricky is right, then my guess wasn't that wrong..:D

And we still don't know for sure when it was written/recorded, lol. But the music that is used, says a lot about the period.

The music was completely redone by Tricky Stewart in 2010. Only the vocals are original. If we could hear it as Michael left it then we might be able to make a better judgement.

The music was completely redone by Tricky Stewart in 2010. Only the vocals are original. If we could hear it as Michael left it then we might be able to make a better judgement.
Yeah, in Tricky's own words:
One of them I worked on real heavy. A song called Slve to the Rhythem. LA and babyface wrote the record. By me having so much familiarity on their music it was lots of fun to beat those guys up. I really wanted to destroy the production on their own record laughs. So that was fun and when I played it for them they were blown away.

http://www.vibe.com/article/tricky-stewart-speaks-his-michael-jackson-experience

I love the vocals, but think the production is uninspired. It sounds like a generic club song. During the first couple of seconds where we just hear MJ's voice, you can hear the beat MJ actually sang the song to because of microphone bleed. It sounds much more like a typical MJ beat, which gives me hope that we might one day get to hear the (much better) original demo.

As for Tricky's tweets, I think it's quite significant that he does not explain the weird vocals by referring to some form of processing, bad equipment, or anything technical. The idea that the vocals sound weird because they were processed in one way or another is one of the main arguments why many believers think the vocals could be MJ despite sounding 'weird'. Disregarding the fact that the processing explanation really does not add up anyway imo, Tricky now quite clearly states here that this is not the case: the vocals sound different not due to processing but because, according to him, MJ's voice changed. So, ask yourself: does it really make sense to you that MJ would sound like a totally different person on 12 records, even though we have other songs from the same time period and after where he sounds like himself?

Not to mention that he sounds exactly the same on this song that he does on the other Cascio songs.

Yeah, in Tricky's own words:

I love the vocals, but think the production is uninspired. It sounds like a generic club song. During the first couple of seconds where we just hear MJ's voice, you can hear the beat MJ actually sang the song to because of microphone bleed. It sounds much more like a typical MJ beat, which gives me hope that we might one day get to hear the (much better) original demo.

As for Tricky's tweets, I think it's quite significant that he does not explain the weird vocals by referring to some form of processing, bad equipment, or anything technical. The idea that the vocals sound weird because they were processed in one way or another is one of the main arguments why many believers think the vocals could be MJ despite sounding 'weird'. Disregarding the fact that the processing explanation really does not add up anyway imo, Tricky now quite clearly states here that this is not the case: the vocals sound different not due to processing but because, according to him, MJ's voice changed. So, ask yourself: does it really make sense to you that MJ would sound like a totally different person on 12 records, even though we have other songs from the same time period and after where he sounds like himself?

One thing is 100%, Melodyne does not affect the vibrato whatsoever. So, if it's MJ on the Cascio songs, I don't know what other process caused the vibrato to be in such a state. It's surreal.

Back