Michael - The Great Album Debate

a person's voice does not change.. i know too many singers, one of which i wished his voice would change, to be louder, because i've known him a long time, but i learned to appreciate its uniqueness, and it turned out to be loud enough. i was just unappreciative, and hearing what i wanted to hear. i know this to be true. even Elton John's voice didn't change, and he lost his upper register due to surgery. I heard Michael in This Is It. No change.

that's like saying changing the sound of a bird. You can't change nature. You wanna change the way you approach your hearing or seeing it, fine.

Last edited:
If MJ is the singer on the Cascio tracks then this is a nightingale:

images

and this is a hummingbird:

vulture.jpg

Mate, you have no idea how many songs Michael picked up from his vault do redo throughout his career, even his last years of music.

Exactly. Sometimes I wish Michael had returned to I'm So Blue... tisk tisk. Fantastic track in the vault for 25 years.

is the Slave demo even real? The echo makes it sound like a remix. Even funnier is the purported demo of The Way You Love Me, which has weird jazzy chords that don't "match" to the vocals.

a person's voice does not change.. i know too many singers, one of which i wished his voice would change, to be louder, because i've known him a long time, but i learned to appreciate its uniqueness, and it turned out to be loud enough. i was just unappreciative, and hearing what i wanted to hear. i know this to be true. even Elton John's voice didn't change, and he lost his upper register due to surgery. I heard Michael in This Is It. No change.

that's like saying changing the sound of a bird. You can't change nature. You wanna change the way you approach your hearing or seeing it, fine.
It can change. Some voices get better as time progresses, but some don't. It depends on certain factors (lifestyle, age IMO) I certainly hear differences in Michael's voice as he got older (less powerful), but never less passionate and never to the point where I don't recognize him.

is the Slave demo even real? The echo makes it sound like a remix. Even funnier is the purported demo of The Way You Love Me, which has weird jazzy chords that don't "match" to the vocals.

Never noticed that. Everything matches to me.
He knows full well who Jason is but beyond being a co-writer on some of the early Porte versions, such as Soldier Boy for example, he didn't really have any involvement in these songs. He is bad with pronounciation anyway. He called Tom Sneddon "Tom Snenton".

Sorry I don't mean to be mysterious. Trust me, I'm as frustrated with this whole thing as you are. It's been two years now since these songs came out and they have no place in Michael's discography. It will all come to a head. I promse you that. But I can't say anything or I will be shot!

Hope this will happen within a year (#lawsuit)

Last edited:
I certainly hear differences in Michael's voice as he got older (less powerful), but never less passionate and never to the point where I don't recognize him.

I don't think Michael's voice got less powerful. In This Is It he wasn't really trying, and we don't have many aggressive post-Invincible tracks. But his voice is still as soulful and caring as it always was.

@chamlife I think frank was referring to the "real" demo, not the one released.

Wtf ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ o_o i love that song

Michael did not sing on a version of that song, did he? What the hell I'm so confused, but that song is so amazing...

edit: I'm refreshing the page for your reply, Pentum, so hurry up already!!! :D

edit2: Hi, nasty!

edit3: Bye, nasty!

edit4: We're on page 2007. The Year of The Malachi. :eek:

edit5: I love the Mustang Mix of The Most Beautiful Girl In The World.

Last edited:
Could you be... the most beautiful girl in the world..It's plain to see...You're the reason that god made a girl..

Page 1505 here!

Ooooh yes you are! When the day turns into the last day of all time.. I can say, I hope you are in these arms of mine.

My love for Prince borders on almost the same level as my love for Michael, yet nothing can still quite beat Michael for me. They both complete me, though, I would be completely satisfied stranded on an island with only Michael and Prince on an iPod, or just blaring from a speaker system set up in the trees throughout the island.

Seriously you have no idea the joy, shock and confusion that rushed through me in an instant when that clip played. Mind f****d, well done.

Ooooh yes you are! When the day turns into the last day of all time.. I can say, I hope you are in these arms of mine.

My love for Prince borders on almost the same level as my love for Michael, yet nothing can still quite beat Michael for me. They both complete me, though, I would be completely satisfied stranded on an island with only Michael and Prince on an iPod, or just blaring from a speaker system set up in the trees throughout the island.

Seriously you have no idea the joy, shock and confusion that rushed through me in an instant when that clip played. Mind f****d, well done.

[youtube]c8fIOvFs0rI[/youtube]

That sound clip was a sample from the cover by Marcus Williams, a known MJ vocal impersonator... sneaky, Pentum. Sneaky ;)

But hmm... page 2007... Cascios in 2007... hmm, coincidence?

That sound clip was a sample from the cover by Marcus Williams, a known MJ vocal impersonator... sneaky, Pentum. Sneaky ;)

But hmm... page 2007... Cascios in 2007... hmm, coincidence?

There are No Such things as Coincidences, AlwaysThere. 2007 yes indeed is the Cascio's year. It is also prophetic because 7 was Michael's favorite number and 7+2=9 or 09, the year Michael died. "Two-thousand-seven" also sounds like "Michael Jackson". I think it's also the year he released his #1 "7even" album(the last of his career) that went global with the hit single "Let Me Let Go". I know more bout Michael dan anbody. Ask me for any more factoids, I'm full of 'em. "That's not all he's full of..." Hey, I heard that telepathically!

That cover sounded like it was just some guy singing over the original version, though, correct? I only listened once so I'm not sure but it sounded like the identical music.

Any link to a full version of that? :)

Or wait, is that not possible because it's Prince?

He did actually:

[youtube]LSaRzxS7NC0[/youtube]

It's actually quite good too. There are times where he really sounds like MJ towards the ending when he mumbles and improvises.

This is awesome, and I don't think it's the original instrumental. Unfortunately, there's some awkward moments between really good ones. It's very interesting though!

I don't think Marcus Joseph ever uploaded a full version of the cover.

Pentum posted a link, but Marcus Williams uploaded a full version at some point. I remember it was dedicated to his girlfriend and had a picture of her as the main slideshow. Not sure why he took it down though.

IMO he sounds alot like MJ when he sings the chorus. Reminds me of the voice MJ uses in POTW.

Thanks for the full clip Pentum. I remembered hearing the snippet but had not heard that full version.

I don't think he comes that close to sounding like Michael in this song. Ironically I think the background vocals at 1.05 sound a lot like Jean Walker though!

The only part where I think he comes close to MJ is that adlib at 1.40, especially the last note (hey-ee-eeey). It's a pretty cool adlib too. The background vocals at 2.44 are also not bad, though they are helped by low volume and lots of echo.

Yeah, I agree on the 1.05 part, sounds scary much like Walker.

His 1.40 ad libs def. sounds a lot like MJ, but it's not the hardest thing to come close to Michael in.

Back