Michael vs Beyoncé

This act of pitting of black artists vs one another is old and tired, on both sides of the fan community.

sales

He went toe to toe with the most impactful and iconic singers and musicians and out sold and outshone them time and again.
Sales are not necessarily an indicator of anything, but a marketing department and who the public is more likely to buy. The Hangin' Tough album by New Kids On The Block sold more than any album by Miles Davis or Aretha Franklin. Most of the biggest selling artists are rock based like The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Eagles, & Pink Floyd. That just means more rock fans bought records than fans of other types of music. Polka music or death metal will never sell like rock in the past or hip hop today because they do not appeal to most people. It does not mean polka is worse than other genres.

MJ’s commercial success was helped a lot by the vast amount of money that was invested on him by the record company’s marketing policy (very expensive music videos, mandatory giant world tours, extensive TV/radio promos, etc).

Pepsi (from the Victory Tour era up to 1993) also greatly contributed to his commercial success because he became synonymous to a drink brand name known to everyone.

Compare his commercial success/sales between two periods: before late 90s & after late 90s.

Before late 90s, MJ was taking the lion’s share of the record company’s marketing funds (at the expense of the company’s less known artists) which led to his bigger success/sales, as compared to the period after late 90s when the record company shifted its focus & decreased dramatically the amount of money invested on him which in turn had a very bad effect on his success/sales.

‘Invincible’ was comparatively a commercial flop for him because there was practically no promotion by the record company.

Even if he released independently any other studio albums in 00s, they all would have flopped too without a major record company that would support them.

I may not be a big fan of Beyoncé but i wish people stop comparing others. everyone has different taste. one thing i can say about Beyoncé she always define her race and culture. Michael did the samething too so i give them both credit. like stop comparing people. Michael met Beyoncé and Jay Z. their very good friends. greez.

b2e20d526f9b8d898f0657b2f6a443a5.jpg

it's like comparing Michael and Prince. some people like Prince more than Michael some people like Michael more than Prince. some people like one of them or neither. like stop it. not everybody gonna like someone or the samething. like come on.

Last edited:
This is such a nonsense to me.. i am zero interested to know who thinks that someone is better than michael or michael is better than someone..
Why is it that humans need to make a challenge from everything..

There is no comparison. I bet even Beyoncé would say the same thing. This is just something for some folks to do to pass the time. This played out last year and MOST people rolled their eyes Even Chance the rapper backtracked. The reaction at that college graduation was priceless. he got a tongue lashing. This is nothing new for MJ. Every generation does this comparison to MJ and MJ still rule. Who is talking about this, ONE GOSSIP paper to get hits.

*facepalm* Lets not forget the fact that Beyonce wouldnt be where she is without MJs/Janets influence. Only Beyonce stans will probably agree with this. Also, if the Janet superbowl fiasco never happened her career would have been different and maybe beyonce wouldnt have achieved the same success.

Robbsaber01;4258878 said:
*facepalm* Lets not forget the fact that Beyonce wouldnt be where she is without MJs/Janets influence. Only Beyonce stans will probably agree with this. Also, if the Janet superbowl fiasco never happened her career would have been different and maybe beyonce wouldnt have achieved the same success.

Beyoncé would have still been successful with or without Janet’s Super Bowl fiasco. Let’s give Beyoncé credit for her talent, hard work ethic and perseverance; although, she is not on the level of Michael. FTR, no one else is.

This whole ''beyounce better than mj '' thing is getting silly now its quite pathetic

I notice one of my comments was remove here. no one better then anyone. face the fact Michael and Beyoncé were friends with her and jay z. there no comparing.

b2e20d526f9b8d898f0657b2f6a443a5.jpg

Back