Michael was lowkey a pioneer of dubstep.

Thanks for sharing! I found the episode:
(the quote about Heartbreaker being dubstep, is at 30:57)

[video=youtube;jNIfn2_g-JU]
EDIT - @wendijane FYI

Re-posting the Rodney Jerkins / Pensados' Place interview. Michael is mentioned briefly at:
16m 50s
30m 55s
37m

Last edited:
Nah, only Darkchild deserves any real credit here, because he was the one who actually produced the song. MJ didn't have much to do with it besides laying down his vocals, despite being named as a co-producer.

And the song isn't even really dubstep lol

Though I agree with socav and he was a pioneer of sounds
I say No í ½í¸‚ to this lol
Don't think he'd like EDM too much haha
*looks around for skrill* í ½í¸‚?
It was this comment, doll. Rodney Jerkins interview vid couple of posts upthread.

It was this comment, doll. Rodney Jerkins interview vid couple of posts upthread.
I love the time stamps thanks zin ha
Yeah master of sound, i just don't think m would care about edm electronic music -too much since he wasn't too keen on remixes on b sides etc ,

I love the time stamps thanks zin ha
Tbh, doll, I didn't bump the thread bc of the dubstep angle. I loved your comment but mostly I just loved the RJ interview. He always does good interviews and this one was nice and long. Really interesting.

Dubstep totally not my thing. I can remember Mary Ann Hobbs was pushing it hard and so was Annie Nightingale. That is literally all I can remember about it. Can't even remember which one of them got started first.

Yeah master of sound, i just don't think m would care about edm electronic music -
You're probably right. I wouldn't know. Then again, he really liked Scritti Politti, afaik. If he can cope with the tinny, screechy (imo) voice of Green Gartside he can probably cope with pretty much anything, lol.

too much since he wasn't too keen on remixes on b sides etc
Fair point.

Back