Michaels exuberant/chipper/energizing voice in Music & Me album

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00
Of all the Motown records, this one shows young MJ at full strength. Songs like Euphoria and Doggin' Around are just pulsing with life. Pretty much his best childhood record, not including the unreleased Farewell My Summer Love.

Of all the Motown records, this one shows young MJ at full strength. Songs like Euphoria and Doggin' Around are just pulsing with life. Pretty much his best childhood record, not including the unreleased Farewell My Summer Love.
STOP STOLING MY IDEAS!!!!

An extraordinary album. Too young is one of Michaels best vocal performances ever. Happy was especially great in the live performances of the mid 70s (at least the two performances we have on youtube). The title track became legendary among fans because of the moonwalker film. With a child’s heart, Morning glow and Doggin Around are 3 other highlights. Michael completely destroys Stevie Wonder’s WACH version and I say this with a lot of respect, Stevie is a legend and a genius but when Michael puts is heart in another artists song he just blows it to pieces. ( other examples to emphasize: Too young, come together, who’s loving you, la la means I love you, don’t know why I love you, smile etc)

The album flopped completely and none of the singles made the top 40, it just shows that the charts aren’t always right. Either way the drop of in sales from the first 2 solo albums is remarkable especially since only a year earlier Michael scored a nr 1 hit and a bunch of top 5 smash hits all on his own.

Back