Michael's heavenly voice

in terms of performances, I’d choose the Disney medley from 1980. he voice starts off as sweet and precious, before progressing to a joyful passion. I can tell that he means every word, and that he’s in his element surrounded by the things he loves 💜

I’ve seen this clip before, but what is Michael doing with his voice at approximately 45 seconds? For some reason, that did not properly register with me until now. 😲

@MacMandy90 @filmandmusic - F.Y.I.

April 16, 2009 - Michael preparing for “T.I.I.

53 seconds

I agree, @zinniabooklover. But also, he was likely re-enacting a brief scene from his short film, “Ghosts”* —— *that one scene in the film with this BEAUTIFUL Soprano”-like singing-voice in the background (as we wouldn’t believe whose voice it actually WAS [at the time the movie was being shot, until long after it was first shown in front of a viewing audience, none of the general public had ever known or had been aware of this], until these “out-takes” from “This Is It’s” rehearsals were uploaded and posted online, more than a decade after the première of “Ghosts” in 1996) —— demonstrating what he wanted a high, ethereal, veryOperatic’ ” voice to sound like. What do you think?
If you want to watch the segment of the movie that I referred to in my comment, go to the 17:28 mark and watch it until around the 18:03 mark (that brief little segment immediately right before he performed the song, “Is It Scary?”). You’ll see and hear for yourself.

Last edited:
I agree, @zinniabooklover. But also, he was likely re-enacting a brief scene from his short film, “Ghosts”* —— *that one scene in the film with this BEAUTIFUL Soprano”-like singing-voice in the background (as we wouldn’t believe whose voice it actually WAS [at the time the movie was being shot, until long after it was first shown in front of a viewing audience, none of the general public had ever known or had been aware of this], until these “out-takes” from “This Is It’s” rehearsals were uploaded and posted online, more than a decade after the première of “Ghosts” in 1996) —— demonstrating what he wanted a high, ethereal, veryOperatic’ ” voice to sound like. What do you think?
If you want to watch the segment of the movie that I referred to in my comment, go to the 17:28 mark and watch it until around the 18:03 mark (that brief little segment immediately right before he performed the song, “Is It Scary?”). You’ll see and hear for yourself.
I think we're getting 'lost in translation', lol. When I said, 'what is Michael doing with his voice?', I wasn't asking an actual question. That was just my melodramatic way of saying, god, his voice sounds amazing at that particular point in the video. Although it's true it hadn't registered with me as strongly as it could have done. I was so mesmerised by his laughter. ❤️

The operatic stuff he did does not surprise me at all. He most likely did stuff like that in his sessions with Seth Riggs. The beautiful ethereal singing at the beginning of WII, we know that one of those voices is Michael. So I wasn't surprised at all but I was astonished bc I have watched that TII clip a few times but I didn't properly acknowledge the beauty of that particular moment.

I think we’re getting ‘lost in translation.’ When I asked: What is Michael doing with his voice?,I wasn’t asking an actual question. That was just my melodramatic way of saying: God, his voice sounds amazing, at that particular point in the Video. Although, it’s true his singing-voice hadn’t registered with me as strongly as it could have done. I was SO mesmerized by his laughter. ❤️

The “Operatic” stuff he did does not surprise me at all. He most likely did stuff like that in his sessions with Seth Riggs. The beautiful, ethereal singing at the beginning of “Who Is It,” we know that one of those voices was Michael’s. So, I wasn’t surprised at all. But I was astonished, because, I have watched that “This Is It” clip a few times, but I didn’t properly acknowledge the beauty of that particular moment.
WOW, @zinniabooklover!!! That’s wonderful, when you did acknowledge the BEAUTY of Michael’s singing-voice. When I first heard him singing in this “out-take” footage —— released online not long after the film of “This Is It” premièred —— I immediately thought of those lovely background vocals I had heard in that one scene from his 1996 short movie, “Ghosts.” While watching the short film, I had absolutely NO idea whose voice it was, all that time, once I really paid attention and listened to it (my having assumed, at the time, that a Classically-trained Female Soprano was singing, once I started listening). I also had read something online about whose voice it was, many years later.* (*I don’t really remember exactly what it was, but I DO remember thinking that the trueidentity” of the person who had actually sung them, at the time when “Ghosts” was being filmed, had finally been revealed in “This Is It’s” footage of “out-takes,” since Michael was re-enacting that scene when describing what he wanted a particular type of voice to sound like.) It wasn’t until having seen the additional film footage online, that I “put two and two together” and was like: WOW!!! This is unbelievable.” Up until and including having seen the “out-take” footage for myself, what I had heard from him really shocked and surprised me. But, what a nice surprise it was, and it still IS.

Last edited:
Back