MJ and sampling (and interpolation)

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00

MJs sampling was some of the best I've ever heard.

I kinda hate when artists straight up sample, take a part from a song. MJ when he did that, he interpolated it, ala WBSS. It's new but still bore resemblance. James Brown sounds, sound effects, that was what he liked to invest in.

When he did sample, i.e, rip a sound, it was so much more creative. Vocal clips, historical footage, orchestral interludes, etc. Very different, often times subtle, just really interesting stuff. Dangerous and HIStory both are chock full of it, but the two songs above take it to the zenith.

MJs sampling was some of the best I've ever heard.

I kinda hate when artists straight up sample, take a part from a song. MJ when he did that, he interpolated it, ala WBSS. It's new but still bore resemblance. James Brown sounds, sound effects, that was what he liked to invest in.

When he did sample, i.e, rip a sound, it was so much more creative. Vocal clips, historical footage, orchestral interludes, etc. Very different, often times subtle, just really interesting stuff. Dangerous and HIStory both are chock full of it, but the two songs above take it to the zenith.
videos are not working... can you pls describe at least what does they contain?:unsure::unsure::unsure:

That reminds me.

Invincible

And the sampling of Biggie Smalls on Unbreakable and Rod Serling on Threatened. Are both incredibly genius. The latter in particular, I wonder why that isn't done more often?

That reminds me.

Invincible

And the sampling of Biggie Smalls on Unbreakable and Rod Serling on Threatened. Are both incredibly genius. The latter in particular, I wonder why that isn't done more often?
In my opinion for Unbreakable song, Mike literally stole almost everything from Biggie song😅 I mean music, vocal... Still, I love this song so much, it's definitely one of my favourite. But for me that's a little bit strange decision of Michael

In my opinion for Unbreakable song, Mike literally stole almost everything from Biggie song😅 I mean music, vocal... Still, I love this song so much, it's definitely one of my favourite. But for me that's a little bit strange decision of Michael
It's more of a homage to Biggie if anything. But I don't see any real resemblance

This is probably my favorite example of MJ sampling.
God i love Teddy, this deffo his best work with MJ.
Yeah, Teddy and Jam and Lewis were huge for sampling in MJs catalogue. They definitely were monumental in that impact.

Back