MJ & Beethoven share similarities?

Shamonee

Proud Member
I don't know if anyone has read into the life of Ludwig Van Beethoven like I have. But he was a german composer/one of the most influential composers of all time.. I'm sure you've all heard of him lol.

Long story short:

- His father was an alcoholic, deeply in debt and when he discovered Beethoven's talent, he was then used as the family's source of income.

- He was known as "The Young Genious" by the age of 16

- He was a huge fan of Mozart, and when he met him (age 16) he begged for him to give a theme for improvisation. He was inspired by the presence of the master. Who does this remind you of? Mozart who was probably the most profolic and influential composer back then said in response to little Beethoven's enthusiasm - "keep your eyes on him, some day he will give the world something to talk about" This part reminded me of James Brown and Michael. (If you hadn't already guessed).

- It took his father a long time to give him a chance and listen to him play the violin. When he heard him play, he was very overwhelmed and apologised for being so neglectful.

- Many would break out into loud sobs when they heard his work but he would say "You are fools." He would be insulted by this.

- He had a passionate strength in his work

- While pursuing his studies, he became more in demand as both composer and pianist.

Interesting quote from the book i read:

Whoever sees Beethoven for the first time and knows nothing about him would surely take him for a malicious ill natured drunkard who had no feeling for music... On the other hand, he who sees him for the first time surrounded by his fame and glory will surely see musical talent in every feature of an ugly face...

^ This was how the media potrayed Michael, similarly to how B was potrayed.

- B often suffered from isolation from his fame and especially after performing for his audiences because of the way their eyes would not stay dry when he finished playing.

- He was seen as a "weird genious" and out of this world because he was so talented

- Many were jelous of him including his Teacher Haydn who still claimed that everyone who heard his work were enchanted

- 20,000 Viennese citizens lined the streets for Beethoven's funeral

- analyses have led to controversial assertions that Beethoven was accidentally poisoned to death by excessive doses of lead-based treatments administered under instruction from his doctor

Thank you for reading

Really interesting topic, thanks for posting it.
They were very distant in time but so similar in talent.
Two geniuses of music!

^ Yep.

Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Opus: 125 Fourth movement was used in Will You be There (the orchestra playing at the beginning of the song before the choir does their "hums")

And HIStory also sampled "Beethoven Lives Upstairs" & Pictures at an Exbedition...

Last edited:
analyses have led to controversial assertions that Beethoven was accidentally poisoned to death by excessive doses of lead-based treatments administered under instruction from his doctor
sorry, but I have heard of that the first time. So far as I know he died from a liver disease, as is said too in the biography of wikipedia

llness and death
Beethoven's grave site, Vienna Zentralfriedhof
Main article: Death of Beethoven

Beethoven was bedridden for most of his remaining months, and many friends came to visit. He died on 26 March 1827, during a thunderstorm. His friend Anselm Hüttenbrenner, who was present at the time, claimed that there was a peal of thunder at the moment of death. An autopsy revealed significant liver damage, which may have been due to heavy alcohol consumption.[71]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig_van_Beethoven
and in my opinion Michael's life and personality is much more similar to Mozart's. He have had a very strong father too, who teached him when the little Wolferl even could go, the little child had to travel and tour throughout Europe, which was very very hard at this time, especially for a child, and was because of that suffering from the beginning from several illnesses. He played in front of Kaisers and Kings, sitting on a pillow on piano stool so that he could reach the piano keys, and became as a child VERY famous and popular, and when he made himself independent exactly as Michael tried to do he got more and more difficulties, because he wasn't any longer the handsome cute child, he had to go his own way, and left his family in Salzburg to find his luck in Vienna and so on. If you like search by yourself. Over Mozart there are written thousand of books and analytics.
But for all, his dead up to now is a mystery

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]And yet, more than 200 years after his death, the cause of Mozart's demise remains a mystery. More than two centuries' worth of historians, anthropologists, musicologists and doctors have debated this mystery in books, journals and conferences - and yet the solution eludes them. Meanwhile, the public, stirred by romantic imagination, wonders: was Mozart murdered, or was it disease that killed him?[/FONT]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A1304957

I can claim I have studied his music and his life so I got the idea to compare Michael with the genius of Mozart and whose quickened life (Mozart died at the early age of 35) and to convert it into a painting called "Pop Mozart" which I have given to Michael personally.

If you like you can view it here

http://mitglied.lycos.de/popmozart/Gallery.html

^ Yes, I know that there are many other composers who share similarities to Michael but Beethoven stood out to me most...

I have a biography of Mozart on my bookshelf, maybe it's time I gave it a read. :]

And that was a beautiful painting you gave to Michael.. :flowers: How did he respond, do you know?

sorry, but I have heard of that the first time. So far as I know he died from a liver disease, as is said too in the biography of wikipedia

and in my opinion Michael's life and personality is much more similar to Mozart's. He have had a very strong father too, who teached him when the little Wolferl even could go, the little child had to travel and tour throughout Europe, which was very very hard at this time, especially for a child, and was because of that suffering from the beginning from several illnesses. He played in front of Kaisers and Kings, sitting on a pillow on piano stool so that he could reach the piano keys, and became as a child VERY famous and popular, and when he made himself independent exactly as Michael tried to do he got more and more difficulties, because he wasn't any longer the handsome cute child, he had to go his own way, and left his family in Salzburg to find his luck in Vienna and so on. If you like search by yourself. Over Mozart there are written thousand of books and analytics.
But for all, his dead up to now is a mystery

I can claim I have studied his music and his life so I got the idea to compare Michael with the genius of Mozart and whose quickened life (Mozart died at the early age of 35) and to convert it into a painting called "Pop Mozart" which I have given to Michael personally.

If you like you can view it here

http://mitglied.lycos.de/popmozart/Gallery.html

I would like to say your art is truely beautiful.

^ Yes, I know that there are many other composers who share similarities to Michael but Beethoven stood out to me most...

I have a biography of Mozart on my bookshelf, maybe it's time I gave it a read. :]

And that was a beautiful painting you gave to Michael.. :flowers: How did he respond, do you know?

Yes, read it, you will discover that really there are more similarities with Mozart than with Beethoven.

Thank you! Yes, I gave it personally, and he said WOW ;)
And thank you, when I explained that I wanted to compare him with the genius of Mozart on the field of Pop music. And later, when I started to go he hugged me. I told the story on my hp. I tried it in English too, but I don't know whether it really was successful. You can try to read of my experience with Michael here

http://mitglied.lycos.de/popmozart/meetingenglish.html

I would like to say your art is truely beautiful.
thank you too

Back