MJ Decade Album 79-89 or 80-90

I think off the wall may have been track 13 on DAT 1. It’s showing as PYT again (PYT is track 11).

I like the tracklists: inclusions of say say say, heartbreak hotel, working day and night etc make sense

But music and me does not make sense, why not off the wall?
First off, Off The Wall is already on there, how did you miss it?

Secondly, MJ loves the song. That pretty much confirms it, beyond the time in Moonwalker he referenced it. And it's pretty good, less played out than Ben and such for sure.

Decade would've been completely lackluster tbh. It's more of a greatest hits compilation rather than a new album, it would not have been a worthy successor to Bad. Though I am glad that MJ brought back the concept for HIStory and decided to give the album more than 2 new songs.

The story that Michael Jackson recorded a cover version of 'Strawberry Fields Forever' is absolutely fake.

It emanated from an article of the last issue of the 'Black And White' fanzine (French edition).

Later, it was proved that this article was a hoax (the fanzine also published a fake artwork of the 'Decade' album in their same article).

Also, sound engineers and producers who worked with the singer at that time never said anything about a 'Strawberry Fields Forever' cover recorded by him.

Sound engineer Brad Sundberg once stated that covering the 'Strawberry Fields Forever' song was indeed presented to Michael Jackson as an idea, but the singer passed on it.
Decade would've been completely lackluster tbh. It's more of a greatest hits compilation rather than a new album, it would not have been a worthy successor to Bad.
It was pretty common during that period (late '80s/early '90s) for record companies to release such greatest hits albums (such as, Madonna's 'The Immaculate Collection' album).

The story that Michael Jackson recorded a cover version of 'Strawberry Fields Forever' is absolutely fake.

It emanated from an article of the last issue of the 'Black And White' fanzine (French edition).

Later, it was proved that this article was a hoax (the fanzine also published a fake artwork of the 'Decade' album in their same article).

Also, sound engineers and producers who worked with the singer at that time never said anything about a 'Strawberry Fields Forever' cover recorded by him.

Sound engineer Brad Sundberg once stated that covering the 'Strawberry Fields Forever' song was indeed presented to Michael Jackson as an idea, but the singer passed on it.

It was pretty common during that period (late '80s/early '90s) for record companies to release such greatest hits albums (such as, Madonna's 'The Immaculate Collection' album).
Woah, MJ_Frenzy tells the truth? Shocking.

I like the tracklists: inclusions of say say say, heartbreak hotel, working day and night etc make sense

But music and me does not make sense, why not off the wall?
The lyrics makes it a good fit for a greatest hits package. I believe that’s a major part of it.

The lyrics makes it a good fit for a greatest hits package. I believe that’s a major part of it.
Ok but in that case an updated version would have been cool
It would be a very random inclusion, the only Motown track, it wasn’t even a hit, the only reason people might know it is because of the small segment on Moonwalker.

I hope they include it on the biopic soundtrack

[…] the only reason people might know it is because of the small segment on Moonwalker. […]
Well, that, and because it’s the title track of his third album.

And it’s a pretty song, let’s not forget about that. A good thing when it comes to releasing “Greatest Hits” is that a song can be included on its artistic (aestethic) merits (as long as you don’t name the compilation “Number Ones”). You don’t see this often with bigger artists and bands, so when you do see it it’s particularly welcomed. Bee Gees’ Mythology box set is a fine example (although not so much Barry’s, but rather Robin’s, Andy’s, and particularly Maurice’s discs).

@Agonum

Very very pretty! It is probably in my top 10. The guitar intro ,very emotive, the opening line to die for, the strings,…
What you said is perhaps thread worthy. Some songs that are needed on an MJ compilation surely are childhood and keep the faith. The last song encompasses what kind of person Michael is completely.

I wonder about Music & Me on this track list... would it be a re-recording? Sort of as a bonus? The original song is from 1973... it has no place on an album spanning the years 1979-1989 or 1980-1990.

Saw this on MJ ***** today and would love to know if anyone has anymore info about it. I got so excited to see that I'll Be There was (most likely) recorded in full with the adult voice, I wonder if we heard part of this in the Pepsi commercial?

* In 1989 just after the end of '' Bad tour '', Michael Jackson entered the studios for begins to record a new material.

At the time, it was announced that Michael was planning for Christmas 1989 the launch of the first collection of successes entitled of decade '' 1979-1989 ''.

Four new songs were produced for the project as: Black or white, heal the world, it doesn't really matter (demo version of who is it) and a cover of the Beatles of strawberry fields forever were announced as exciting and great songs that would be For coming.

Michael was reluctant to do a project that looked back, but once the executives of Sony heard some of the first bands they were convinced that it would be worth a look. Back in July 1990 the project was shelved due to the flow of new material.

Next, learn a little more on the album never released from Michael Jackson:

There were two versions of '' Decade '', The first entitled 1979-1989 was planned for Christmas 1989 but Michael wasn't pleased to release the album and the second the executives of the record label they realized the recorded material could generate an album. Come with details of the editions:

1979-1989:

In the original tracklisting, highlight the primary version of who is it (it doesn't really matter) and strawberry fields forever (music of the Beatles in the voice of the MJ) both remain unpublished.

Billie Jean
Beat It
It Doesn't Really Matter **
The Girl Is Mine
Rock With You
She's Out Of My Life
Thriller
Say Say Say
The Way You Make Me Feel
Dirty Diana
Heartbreak Hotel

Black Or White
Bad
Come Together
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Heal The World
Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
Smooth Criminal
Strawberry Fields Forever **
Man In The Mirror

The Cover of the album would have the face of the MJ in relief still in ' was bad '' (Photo).

1980-1990:

The final version of decade: 1980-1990 would have the launch planned for November 1990, this is the final version but due to the large amount of new material recorded by Michael the project was cancelled - then the record company decided to wait another 1 Year and launch a '' New '' Album (dangerous). The highlight for the final edition is the unprecedented: I'll be there and never can say goodbye (Adult Version) and men in black.

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
Rock With You
Off The Wall
She's Out Of My Life
Can You Feel It
This Place Hotel
Someone In The Dark
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
The Girl Is Mine
Thriller
Beat It
Billie Jean
P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
Say Say Say
State Of Shock

Bad
The Way You Make Me Feel
Another Part Of Me
Man In The Mirror
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Dirty Diana
Smooth Criminal
Leave Me Alone
Come Together
I'll be there (Adult Version) **
Never can say goodbye (Adult Version) **
Men in Black **
Who Is It
Gone Too Soon
Black Or White
Heal The World

The work of the cape in this version had already resemblance with the eyes of Michael in the album dangerous.
Yep,this is all true,I wished it happened, don't get me wrong I love the Dangerous album,but I wished that Decade album was released,I get why they chose to wait a whole to do an actual album, Michael had too many songs recorded,some fans don't like Dangerous,but i like it,its so underrated

Well the full tracklist of the Decade was revealed and aside from Come Together being officially released the only new song that would have been on it was Heal The World.
The only other interesting thing of note is that the tracklist remained the same all the way until the album was cancelled. So it seems that the other tracklists stated were just rumors.
kinda late but how did we get these DATs and track lists, were they a part of the laptop leak?

Last edited:
kinda late but how did we get these, were they a part of the laptop leak?
After Michael was done with Bad he was working on new material and we was gonna get a compilation called Decade,but he had to many songs written so they decided to wait a couple years to do an album which as we know now is Dangerous,this has nothing to do with the leak that happened

Its also a big big task taking on a Beatles song- I'd imagine no one would forget MJ taking on the beautiful and amazing Strawberry Fields Forever
true
Listening ai is easy with ears closed

Last edited:
First off, Off The Wall is already on there, how did you miss it?

Secondly, MJ loves the song. That pretty much confirms it, beyond the time in Moonwalker he referenced it. And it's pretty good, less played out than Ben and such for sure.
Where did you hear MJ loves OTW?

Back